• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Amphetamine induced Atrial fibrillation

Just out of curiosity. How do you know it was atrial fibrillation instead of regular sinus tachycardia (combined with anxiety)? Did you get an ECG or something?

It may well have been. But in either case, electrical impulse signals are overriding the hearts natural pacemaker which is never a good sign. Accompanied with numbness and weakness in the arms and legs from reduced blood supply (I should mention my fingers were looking a bit blue). It was evidently more than just a little Anxiety or panic. Also, this particular dosage of this particular batch of speed has caused me no such issues previously. If it was simply Anxiety, you'd think it would be caused from taking this dosage the first time, not the umpteenth time.

do you think since a xanax halted your so called atrial fib, that maybe you were just having a panic attack instead?

:unsure:

I know it wasn't simply a panic attack, because it was sudden. My BPM rate jumped from about 80bpm up to 150bpm just like that. You feel a panic attack coming on. I didn't feel this coming on, it was sudden. There was no sense of panic building up towards it. Arterial fibrillation (or Sinus tachycardia) can however trigger a panic attack if you feel like you're on the verge of a heart attack or a stroke. I took crushed up high concentration vitamin C to help me excrete excess Amphetamine in the blood stream and although my BPM rate did drop after taking a leak, it was still quite high due to the resulting panic it caused. Which is why I then took some Xanax to further reduce it down to a stable level.
i got a better idea - skip the doctor appointment and just stop doing speed

Unlike most of the crack and meth heads on here, I'm not using it for a good time. It reduces my impulsivity. As soon as I stop taking it, I'm right back on the booze, cigs, junk food, energy drinks, caffeine pills... etc (I require a constant Dopamine hit) Which in combination, will cause my heart considerably more damage in the long run. It's not as simple as just stopping. My heart is going to be wrecked either way. It's just working out which option will allow me to survive longer.

Are you diagnosed or anything? like ADHD or anything I'm no doctor obviously not tryna diagnose you FFS lol! It's just because you sound like my man in the way that you wanna eat loadsa shit drink energy juice etc and crave speed, he has ADHD it runs in his family.
Yeah defo see your doc? I mean you can't fuck about with your heart really ❤️

Are you diagnosed or anything? like ADHD or anything I'm no doctor obviously not tryna diagnose you FFS lol! It's just because you sound like my man in the way that you wanna eat loadsa shit drink energy juice etc and crave speed, he has ADHD it runs in his family.
Yeah defo see your doc? I mean you can't fuck about with your heart really ❤️

I'm not diagnosed and because of my age and my location, it's not likely that I ever will be. I was diagnosed with a combination of other disorders that co-exist with it, but that was when I was still a child. I was never the bouncy, talkative, hyperactive sort. I was more the nervous, quiet, socially anxious kind that felt safer staying in my own head than concentrating on whatever was going on around me. I would occasionally erupt and the classroom would get wrecked . When I first started taking Amphetamine, my anxiety just seemed to melt away. I became focused and organized and for a short while, for once in my life, I was on top of everything, instead of everything being on top of me. My social skills greatly improved. I stopped viewing things in black and white and could finally see the grey area. The common ground where everybody was meeting but I couldn't see before. Rather than mumbling awkwardly, struggling to string a sentence together. Words just flew out and I finally knew what having real conversations with people felt like. I wasn't getting myself caught up in petty arguments. I could finally disagree with someone, but take the time to understand why they held the view they did, even if I didn't share it.

That's why I struggle to believe that what I experienced here was merely some anxiety attack. I know what anxiety feels like. I've been living it my whole life. It just sucks that despite every effort I've made to make it's usage as safe as I reasonably could. It's now causing me this issue which distracts me from the benefits. I've taken today off. Stuffed my face with fast food and guzzled down 2 litres of fully loaded sugar Coca Cola. Needless to say, my BPM rate shot up again, although not quite as bad as yesterday. My place which looked like a palace a few months ago now looks the same as it did before I started using Amphetamine. With crap just dumped all over the place. And I look just as poorly as I did before as well. Just with considerable weight loss.

Im glad you have took the day to relax you deserve it 🙂👍

P.s. I may have ADHD as well I was always a dreamer and slightly excited as a child...although I cannot handle the comedown from stims apart from Mandy simply. I have ptsd (getting better?) and gad though. I also suffer sometimes from sllight paranoia probs due to the abuse (jagged kat) of stims but also genetic.

Anyway sorry for ranting. I hope you're okay? How is your general stress levels if you don't mind me asking?

When my stress levels are high like today sometimes I just can't function. It's the equivalent of having a broken leg for the day.

Maybe because it's not really great for your heart though you should definitely try and take a break 👍☀️
Maybe you will feel better soon even if it takes a few days. I dunno how you feel though.

Im glad you have took the day to relax you deserve it 🙂👍

P.s. I may have ADHD as well I was always a dreamer and slightly excited as a child...although I cannot handle the comedown from stims apart from Mandy simply. I have ptsd (getting better?) and gad though. I also suffer sometimes from sllight paranoia probs due to the abuse (jagged kat) of stims but also genetic.

Anyway sorry for ranting. I hope you're okay? How is your general stress levels if you don't mind me asking?

When my stress levels are high like today sometimes I just can't function. It's the equivalent of having a broken leg for the day.

Some useful supplement's for preventing a sudden Amphetamine crash are Magnesium Glycinate, Myo-Inositol and L-Theanine which smoothen things out.

It's been a stressful day, albeit not an eventful one. I didn't just go cold on the Amphetamine but all of the supplement's I was taking along with it (not the best choice I've made).

I've been thinking about it some more and think the onset of high tachycardia may be linked to my occasional/irregular use of Xanax. I had to take another dose just a little while ago as I felt weirded out. But I only took half the dosage I took the night before. I took it along with the 3 supplement's mentioned above. And although I'm still in a mild level of discomfort and uneasiness, my hearts no longer pounding away. So I may have to work on a gradual Xanax tapering off to avoid any adverse effects.