• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Amphetamine induced Atrial fibrillation

Frazzled1990

Bluelighter
Who else on here experiences this condition sometimes with Amphetamine use? Atrial fibrillation is when an abnormal level of electrical impulses are sent to the heart muscle, overriding the hearts natural pace maker, resulting in a sudden sharp increase in BMP rate (usually somewhere in the 140-160bpm range).

I experienced a bad bout of this earlier and really felt like I was on the verge of a heart attack or stroke. I felt dizzy with tingling in my hands, fingers, feet and toes along with minor muscle aches. I took 2 grams of Vitamin C (2 x 1g tabs, crushed up before swallowing), followed by a gulp of water. I then opened my window to breath in some clean air. This helped a little bit, but not completely. So I took 1mg of Xanax about 15 minutes later. It's been about an hour since I took that and I feel fine now. But it sure as hell put the fear into me.

So if you experience this yourself, how do you deal with it or reduce/prevent it from reoccurring?

What doses of amphetamine? Dextroamphetamine?

This shouldn't occur at therapeutic doses. You should talk to your doctor about using a holter monitor to try to see whats going on.

What doses of amphetamine? Dextroamphetamine?

This shouldn't occur at therapeutic doses. You should talk to your doctor about using a holter monitor to try to see whats going on.

I'm not talking prescription grade at the moment. So it's hard to say with any degree of accuracy what the potency is. I took two self made 100mg (size 5) gel capsules. The Marquis solution would suggest that the product received contains a relatively high potency of Amphetamine as the colour change from yellow/orange/red occurs within several seconds. But in reality it could still be anywhere between 20% to 70% potency. There's just no precise indicator. The stimulatory effects seems to be far harder on my cardiovascular system than they do within my brains reward system. I don't experience any great sense of euphoria or focus. I just get the sense of a looming panic attack, which is then followed by a sudden onset of atrial fibrillation.

Perhaps I just need to take a complete break for several days. Allow my blood pressure to settle and reduce it to one capsule. Presuming there are no further cardiac complications over the several day period.

Oh euro speed. Yes you overdid it is all. I thought you meant prescription amphetamines.

Racemic amphetamine is harsh on the body, you push the dose too much and it will push back. Racemic amphetamine (speed) is harder on the body whereas meth is harder on the mind. I've had huge amounts of meth without really perceiving much in terms of cardiovascular strain, but ive had some speed paste that made my heart feel like it was going to jump out of chest.

Oh euro speed. Yes you overdid it is all. I thought you meant prescription amphetamines.

Racemic amphetamine is harsh on the body, you push the dose too much and it will push back. Racemic amphetamine (speed) is harder on the body whereas meth is harder on the mind. I've had huge amounts of meth without really perceiving much in terms of cardiovascular strain, but ive had some speed paste that made my heart feel like it was going to jump out of chest.

It is euro speed. However, this particular batch seems different to any other that I've came across. It's pure white and hasn't yellowed through oxidization which would suggest the absence of P2NP. Whether P2NP was used in the production process, then simply filtered out. I have no idea. But it's the only batch I've came across that doesn't have that cat piss chemical stench to it. It actually smells quite pleasant. A gentle alkaline smell, as opposed to something acidic. I reckon it would be very easy on the nose, although I personally wouldn't go there myself. It also appears to respond much quicker to the substance testing kit compared to any previous batch I've obtained. Ephedrine cuts are a real possibility. It seems to be the worst stimulant for cardiovascular complications. Although if that is the culprit, I'm not really sure how I would go about attempting to filter it out. I've taken 4 capsules a day on several occasions without any complications. So I can't tell if it's just taking it's toll on me, or if it's a rebound effect from occasional Xanax use. It could even be side effects from my first shot of the Pfizer vaccine from a couple of weeks back. One final possibility could just be my general lack of fitness. Even on Amphetamine, I find myself lazing around on the couch most of the day. I'm just a bit more wired and able to engage my mind on things better than without it. But with a natural resting heart rate of 80-90bpms off Amphetamine. Perhaps I should seriously consider a break and get my joggers on. I just hope the exercise won't kill me if I have a clogged artery.

My experience. Crystal meth has ruined my heart. I have a valve condition called bicuspid aortic valve which means rather than 3 flaps (tri) it's bicuspid. Regurgitating as well which means oxidized blood rushes back into my heart between beats and causes free radical damage.

Between that and the constant Crystal meth abuse.. Ive been in the ER with my HR over 250. 250 is the max those machines can read. They checked twice in triage. Because of COVID I was left in a fucking waiting room without a button for 2 hours. Swabbed for my then undiscovered Bechets. Blood work. Slept with that heart rate because it makes you tired, and was told to come back in a week. Durham Ontario hospital. I don't give a fuck!

I deal with this condition constantly. The only solution I have aside from meds which wotkaybe half the time. Amlodipine and bisoprolol.

Focus. Relax. Slow it down. You can do this willingly. Not all the way but you can save yourself the worst of it.

My experience. Crystal meth has ruined my heart. I have a valve condition called bicuspid aortic valve which means rather than 3 flaps (tri) it's bicuspid. Regurgitating as well which means oxidized blood rushes back into my heart between beats and causes free radical damage.

Between that and the constant Crystal meth abuse.. Ive been in the ER with my HR over 250. 250 is the max those machines can read. They checked twice in triage. Because of COVID I was left in a fucking waiting room without a button for 2 hours. Swabbed for my then undiscovered Bechets. Blood work. Slept with that heart rate because it makes you tired, and was told to come back in a week. Durham Ontario hospital. I don't give a fuck!

I deal with this condition constantly. The only solution I have aside from meds which wotkaybe half the time. Amlodipine and bisoprolol.

Focus. Relax. Slow it down. You can do this willingly. Not all the way but you can save yourself the worst of it.

250? 😰

I couldn't even imagine surviving longer than a minute at that rate. I feel like I'm dying at 150. How could anybody possibly survive a rate that high sustained for hours? That's absolute madness. They just left you there to sleep and then told you to go home? Had that been me, I'd have told them to free up the bed and just place me directly into the coffin.

Besides the cardiac complications, I'm generally relaxed on Amphetamine. I'm not up on my feet rushing around doing things. I'm usually just sitting on the couch doing whatever, then suddenly out of nowhere the panic attack kicks in, then my resting heart rate shoots up to around 150. Which has me rushing to the window to breath in some open air. I haven't smoked and have been completely t-total since using Amphetamine. It seems to make me less impulsive than before I started using it. Although my body was in terrible shape before I started using it. So it's possible that pre-existing damage to my heart or arteries already existed before I started using this stuff and it's now bringing it to the surface, despite the radical weight lose, absence of tobacco/weed and complete avoidance of alcohol.

250? 😰

I couldn't even imagine surviving longer than a minute at that rate. I feel like I'm dying at 150. How could anybody possibly survive a rate that high sustained for hours? That's absolute madness. They just left you there to sleep and then told you to go home? Had that been me, I'd have told them to free up the bed and just place me directly into the coffin.

Besides the cardiac complications, I'm generally relaxed on Amphetamine. I'm not up on my feet rushing around doing things. I'm usually just sitting on the couch doing whatever, then suddenly out of nowhere the panic attack kicks in, then my resting heart rate shoots up to around 150. Which has me rushing to the window to breath in some open air. I haven't smoked and have been completely t-total since using Amphetamine. It seems to make me less impulsive than before I started using it. Although my body was in terrible shape before I started using it. So it's possible that pre-existing damage to my heart or arteries already existed before I started using this stuff and it's now bringing it to the surface, despite the radical weight lose, absence of tobacco/weed and complete avoidance of alcohol.
It's normal for this drug. You can survive this. For awhile anyway. Please look into cutting back or quitting.

Sometimes.I feel like it's too late for me.

It's normal for this drug. You can survive this. For awhile anyway. Please look into cutting back or quitting.
I would quit. But then I'd just end up returning to my old impulsive habits, which would cause even further damage to my heart and arteries. I'm doomed if I do and doomed if I don't.
Sometimes. I feel like it's too late for me.
You're still here. When it's too late, you won't even know about it.

Sometimes.I feel like it's too late for me.

Well it is certainly going to be too late for you if you continue to use meth and have been in the ER with a 250+ bpm heart rate. A person who continues to use meth in light of that is terminal. The outcome is up to you ultimately

Well it is certainly going to be too late for you if you continue to use meth and have been in the ER with a 250+ bpm heart rate. A person who continues to use meth in light of that is terminal. The outcome is up to you ultimately
I'm off 4 days.

But I don't know what's going to happen @negrogesic

I'm 30 years old. I've been abusing drugs since I was 14. Smoked since I was 10.

But I don't know what's going to happen @negrogesic

I'm 30 years old. I've been abusing drugs since I was 14. Smoked since I was 10.
Then you've made a better go of it than me. I'm 30 years old and started simple base Amphetamine just a few months ago and I already feel that hole in my chest where my heart should be.

If there is some sort of spiritual heaven. This must be that other place.

You 100% need to see a doctor if you think there is anything remotely wrong with your heart. This is definitely not something I personally would be comfortable advising anyone upon. I like to think that I possess a vast knowledge of medicine, but at the end of the day, my knowledge begins and ends in the realm of psychoactive substances. I definitely can't tell anyone what to do about their heart.

Highest mine was 180's and felt dizzy etc. Used to take a lot of uppers. After investigation 48hr holter turns out my heart's fine but I simply can't drink caffeine now as it's uncomfortable. I've improved my fitness recently which has helped a bit with the breathlessness and fatigue. Had to start very gradual but I would take it easy untill you see your Dr.

250bpm? Fuck me gently with a sledgehammer. Glad you've been off it sounds like a must. Good luck @Outlier

Op best of luck cutting down and I would definitely get yourself checked out even for peace of mind. Drink loads of water. A technique that works for me to lower is to hold your nose/breath and apply pressure as though you were trying to pass wind lol. It can reset it. But remember to check with your GP incase it's high blood pressure which I think it doesn't help for.

Just out of curiosity. How do you know it was atrial fibrillation instead of regular sinus tachycardia (combined with anxiety)? Did you get an ECG or something?

Who else on here experiences this condition sometimes with Amphetamine use? Atrial fibrillation is when an abnormal level of electrical impulses are sent to the heart muscle, overriding the hearts natural pace maker, resulting in a sudden sharp increase in BMP rate (usually somewhere in the 140-160bpm range).

I experienced a bad bout of this earlier and really felt like I was on the verge of a heart attack or stroke. I felt dizzy with tingling in my hands, fingers, feet and toes along with minor muscle aches. I took 2 grams of Vitamin C (2 x 1g tabs, crushed up before swallowing), followed by a gulp of water. I then opened my window to breath in some clean air. This helped a little bit, but not completely. So I took 1mg of Xanax about 15 minutes later. It's been about an hour since I took that and I feel fine now. But it sure as hell put the fear into me.

So if you experience this yourself, how do you deal with it or reduce/prevent it from reoccurring?

do you think since a xanax halted your so called atrial fib, that maybe you were just having a panic attack instead?

:unsure:

'just' having a panic attack... Theyre no joke but I agree it can be really bad and you may convince yourself of things that are not happening or make whatever the issue is more worrisome. Of course you will be anxious if you feel your heart going too fast etc who wouldn't be it made my faster than normal BPM worse before I got the all clear. It doesn't help matters if you panic whether that's from the speed or an underlying issue try deep breathing as best as you can in for 3-4seconds hold for the same then out for the same. Maybe just another reason get your ticker checked out though even if it is 'just anxiety'

well i took some speed and now i think im having a heart attack...what do i do?

giphy.gif

i got a better idea - skip the doctor appointment and just stop doing speed