• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Amphetamine - First Time - First experience with amphetamine

God it’s been years since I last took Amphetamine, Must have been sometime around 2010. like to get my hands on some pure Amphetamine Sulfate.

God it’s been years since I last took Amphetamine, Must have been sometime around 2010. like to get my hands on some pure Amphetamine Sulfate.
Around the same time I had pharmaceutical dextroamphetamine sulfate, 5mg per tablet, for inattentive ADD. A buddy got capsules which didn't even contain talcum and were almost predestined for intranasal use. In this time I had an open minded doc who also prescribed me memantine, and tolerated DXM use. Unfortunately he had a heart attack and cut down and now here in Mexico it's very difficult to find a doc who knows more than usual anti-drug propaganda when it comes to amphetamines. These were once OTC like many medicines here which led to widespread abuse and problems, even deaths. So I'm currently using coca leaves which are nice as well, coffee just doesn't cut it.

Jebus, I was using a paste I had purchase in small amount for a decent sum of money.

That actually ran out on me after I dosed up to 10 mg this morning (thought I had way more, maybe the weighing scales isn't perfect).

So I had to fall back on this other product I had bought for the same price, but received 3.5x as much.

The cheaper amphetamine is crap for real; who would have thought there'd be such a difference?

I acetone washed both of them and in both cases their weight was reduced by 50%, but the more expensive one had a vastly improved/superior effect to the cheap crap.

I've basically been double dosing the cheap crap to come close to the same effect.

Still gets me mildly elevated but less satisfactorily so.

Bummer.

Technically, if you just dose more of an inferior product, should the result be similar to a smaller amount of a superior product?

I notice also with this (as I have with most other drugs in the past), it exerts a certain effect on the gastric tract.

Like a tightness or "arousal", and that very same affect essentially translates to your CNS and brain, which precipitates the drug effect.

- I've been using the "stomach affect" to gauge how much to re-dose and how often, what dose I need to maintain an optimal transmitter state;

..... as with this paste/powder crap you can never tell the actual dose of the drug you're getting despite being accurately weighed.

2 weeks since last dose, it's eventually got to that point where I need to just coast and give myself a time out.

First order of business, get some chewing gum to prevent that horrid throat dryness this time.

I don't necessarily look forward to using amphetamine but damn sometimes the mind just needs to check out of regular processing and be given some down time.
It's something that can become a very nasty habit. Then you end up getting PCP and tripping. No more gear for me for a good while. Gonna try to get that vyvanse script. No more zombies 😂 I remember going into a VIP room at a rave once and my friend ran out of it screaming "meth is a hell of a drug". It could have been "don't do meth kids!" Once I ended up in that VIP room I witnessed some relationship breakdown, one girl was crying while her bf was calling numbers.

Re emotional therapy and use of MDMA.

Some poster commented that amph/meth use can replicate this and I'd mentioned emotional shifts with MDMA use.

There was paper on a dramatic case study.

Couldn't find it, but I've found it:

Unlocked:

Ex5QyC3WUAkvJY8

Last edited:
How difficult is it to be prescribed amphetamine/dextroamphetamine an adult?

I'm pretty certain I had ADD as a kid but I was never diagnosed. At 62, I still have some symptoms but to a much lesser degree. I've taken Adderall and Vyvanse a few times and I love the mental clarity and focus. The added energy is nice, too.

Meth is too long-lasting and I get absolutely nothing out of Ritalin.

Re emotional therapy and use of MDMA.

Some poster commented that amph/meth use can replicate this and I'd mentioned emotional shifts with MDMA use.

There was paper on a dramatic case study.

Couldn't find it, but I've found it:

Ex5QyC3WUAkvJY8
Fascinating 👏 it's pretty true (RE: the study) Also don't do meth kids. It will bring bad things to your life, let's just leave it at that.

My re-experimentation was based on the justification of a Wikipedia image that said its not far up on social harm/addiction potential? From memory. But psychonauts is your wiki for recreational drugs 😊 stay safe!

How difficult is it to be prescribed amphetamine/dextroamphetamine an adult?

I'm pretty certain I had ADD as a kid but I was never diagnosed. At 62, I still have some symptoms but to a much lesser degree. I've taken Adderall and Vyvanse a few times and I love the mental clarity and focus. The added energy is nice, too.

Meth is too long-lasting and I get absolutely nothing out of Ritalin.
Very easy in Australia. I was diagnosed as having ADHD in my mid 40’s and despite being only a few months in recovery from a meth addiction was put on dexamfetamine. Couldn’t have been easier.

- Getting to that point, spent the last 10 days in the grind of cognitive deduction (re blog contents).

Time for a break and shift of perspective (which proves quite useful I'm finding. Historically psychedelics are used for perspective shifts but, re cognitive enhancement, my express purposes, amph/meth are far more beneficial).

- So, all I have is this crap paste but dosed high enough (double of decent sulphate) it works.

Very easy in Australia. I was diagnosed as having ADHD in my mid 40’s and despite being only a few months in recovery from a meth addiction was put on dexamfetamine. Couldn’t have been easier.
Thanks, but I'm on the other side of the world from Australia.

Mention of "Emotional Freedom Therapy" based use of amphetamine:

What I'm focusing on as a concept is, "Emotional Expression".

I'm doing this by way of cognitive-application, cognitive-application to facilitate optimal emotional expression.

To attain this, ultimately the nerves must begin to fire at full potency (i.e. emotional expression is mediated in neural action potentials. These must be fully functional for the cognitive application to be mediated completely).

However, to fully come into effect takes time, presumably including modification of gene expression etc for full neural adaptation etc.

So at present I'm basically waiting for that to come into effect.

The irony is that, to facilitate full cognitive and thus neural modification, I need a decently functional cognitive state - else the process of understanding/development just grinds to a halt.

Therefore I require something to effectively invigorate the neurons from time to time, to facilitate the desired emotional expression and get clarity on the cognitive modifications and process of cognitive evolution.

In other words, using amphetamine basically awakens the neurons and allows them to function and fire with sufficient clarity to, with a decent sense of psychological acuity, emotionally process what had been accumulating "in the works".

i.e. it's like thoughts and understandings and determination of concepts get backed up in the neural system, and using amphetamine basically hits the "GO" switch and allows them to process and flow out to be lucidly understood;

Clears the system = facilitates emotional expression.

I've been dosing amphetamine since earlier today and the torrent of emotional-based understandings and cognitive-deductions has basically been flowing - allowing for wonderful psychological clarity, of a process which was pretty backed/blocked up.

And I feel compelled to do this about every 8 to 10 days when general functionality basically grinds to a stop and I require that amphetamine-based-activation-switch to clearly process all the determinations made since the last dose and get them out and defined on paper/computer, and clearly understood.

Feels good.

Only I've had to re-dose a few times.

Previously using methamphetamine, one dose was sufficient for a much more sustained period of time with similar (/excellent) focus, mental functionality and performance, etc.

Last edited:
Chew the gum! Electrolytes are key, I use m-phet for the same reasons you do but it's hard to keep it to a cycle, one can get fiendish easily. I've found lisdexamfetamine to be a lot less addictive and good for the same purposes with less physical effects and neurotransmitter depletion. Just something to think about.

When you say "m-phet"...... that a synonym for amphetamine, amIRite?

-

It could be just the crap washed-paste I have atm but its effects are very short, 2 or 3 hours, and I have to re-dose frequently.

If I'm in the middle of some wonderful amphetamine-assisted-self-applied-psychotherapy session, I can't just pack it up until next time = need to re-dose.

I’ve found the similar results. I use ~ 30 mg amphetamine once a month… I always have a spectacular day. Almost always I use it and have a long conversation with an old friend.

It helps me ‘dump’ all the shit I’ve been carrying around. Kinda like mdma assisted therapy for PTSD I guess. Just not quite as intense of an experience

I'm quoting this for emphasis as, to me it feels EXACTLY the purpose of stimulant use atm.

Stim assisted-psychotherapy or emotional-freedom therapy.

Feels like life-saving (or mental health saving) for me just now.

Last edited:
I can now answer my own question:

- Dosing more of crap amphetamine does not result in a better experience.

Crap amph is crap, a higher dose doesn't turn it into good amphetamine.

It's passed now so I don't mind posting about it:

This weak amph seemed to be wearing off so quick so I kept re-dosing.

Next thing I notice this unpleasant pressure in my chest, and when I check my dosing log I realize I've burned into 400 mg in the last 8 to 10 hours.

The effect wasn't getting any stronger or more euphoric despite a higher dose. When I used better quality amphetamine however, at lower doses its effect was more powerful.

Anyways, conclusion is, don't dose 400 mg of amphetamine.

Last edited:
I have fallen asleep on amphetamine. It was not an overdose as it was from 5-15mg Dexedrine tablets. It would happen when I was in early morning classes and bored.
That happens to me when ive been awake a couple of days. Il have a decent size bomb and it knocks me out for a few hours then wake up off my face.

I can now answer my own question:

- Dosing more of crap amphetamine does not result in a better experience.

Crap amph is crap, a higher dose doesn't turn it into good amphetamine.

Same goes for pharmaceutical amphetamine for many people with genuine ADHD. There is a sweet spot (for me 30 mg divided into 3 doses) where all the cognitive benefits are optimised. Anything over that starts diminishing those benefits and bringing on unpleasant side effects. Personally I could not abuse dexamfetamine even if I wanted to and my psychiatrist reckons any one claiming ADHD but going on to develop tolerance to dex or to abuse it recreationally very likely does not really have ADHD and he ceases to treat them for it and looks for some other diagnosis.
That happens to me when ive been awake a couple of days. Il have a decent size bomb and it knocks me out for a few hours then wake up off my face.
I can always sleep on dexamfetamine, even nap on it in the daytime, though often it is only a very light sleep. With meth though I cannot sleep for first 48 hours of a binge but by 72 hours I can keep smoking all the way up to bedtime and still fall asleep and into a deep sleep vey easily. However, no matter how big my sleep deficit I seem only to sleep for 6-8 hours in this situation.