• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine False Positives

Lisa hiles

Greenlighter
What over-the-counter drugs pop a false positive for methamphetamine or amphetamines

I don't believe there are any. there's nasal spray with an isomer of methamphetmaine in it but I don't think it would make you pop a drug test

The most common OTC's probably pseudoephedrine (sudafed). Also prescribed drugs like metformin and ritalin and some beta-blockers like labetolol can give false positives.

Metformin gives false positives for methamphetamine? Well, that's just darn rotten luck for my diabetic ass. That positive test for meth must be from my metformin prescription, future employers! I'd never do any dirty street drugs. Yes, I'm often up at this hour, it's the gas from the metformin. Makes me spend a lot of time in the bathroom; yeah, weird slightly off-smelling mists behind me, that's my metformin. Teeth? Oh, yeah, latest thing for diabetes, rip 'em out so you don't eat as much sugar. I don't know why the metformin makes me focus on little shiny objects or collect bicycle parts, though, it just does.

Metformin gives false positives for methamphetamine? Well, that's just darn rotten luck for my diabetic ass. That positive test for meth must be from my metformin prescription, future employers! I'd never do any dirty street drugs. Yes, I'm often up at this hour, it's the gas from the metformin. Makes me spend a lot of time in the bathroom; yeah, weird slightly off-smelling mists behind me, that's my metformin. Teeth? Oh, yeah, latest thing for diabetes, rip 'em out so you don't eat as much sugar. I don't know why the metformin makes me focus on little shiny objects or collect bicycle parts, though, it just does.
Lmfao. I needed this today. Wish I had some metformin for my long drive tomorrow.

What about the products from the company Hi-Tech?? They have Lipodrene with Ephedra and another product with 1,3 in it. If these don't ramp u up,nothing will!!!!!!

JJ

Yeah didn't some people pop positive for amps while using DMAA? or maybe the pre workout actually just had some amphetamine in it..

The old Crave preworkout had a designer drug that was closely related to meth. Would of wanted to try it out to see how good it really was because people were raving about that shit. Some kids at the gym were talking about taking it to study.. and I was like.. "WTF.. study? Isn't there adderrall for that? Or how about no drugs and just some good ole fashioned coffee!! And.. do you kids even lift?" lol anyways I'm delirious so I'm calling it a night. Goodnight Bluelight! Happy St. Patty's!

Anabolic Pseudo Amphetamines:

1-(4-oxocyclohex-2-ene-1-yl)-2-(methylamino)propane.png

BRUCE

1-(4-oxocyclohex-2-ene-1-yl)-2-(ethylamino)propane.png

JAY

Seek, And Ye Shall Find.

sudafed and bupropion probably could, since they're closely related to stimulants/amphetamines. Basically most decongestants can. Just ask for further testing and if you're sure you didn't take anything that would be a real positive, you shouldn't have to worry.

Propylhexedrine/Benzedrex probably could. It does have amphetamine-like effects when you take it in way more than the recommended dose, and it has a methamphetamine-like structure. So, I could imagine that causing a false positive for meth or amphetamines. Not sure if it would cause a false positive if you used it as recommended and not sure how likely it would be to cause a false positive even if you used it to get high.

The old Crave preworkout had a designer drug that was closely related to meth. Would of wanted to try it out to see how good it really was because people were raving about that shit. Some kids at the gym were talking about taking it to study.. and I was like.. "WTF.. study? Isn't there adderrall for that? Or how about no drugs and just some good ole fashioned coffee!! And.. do you kids even lift?" lol anyways I'm delirious so I'm calling it a night. Goodnight Bluelight! Happy St. Patty's!

Meant to say the old Craze not Crave lol

Some pre workouts did have ethamphetamine in it

You're probably referring to Craze, which had DEPEA (N,alpha-DiEthylPhenylEthylAmine), which is an analogue of methamphetamine where both methyl groups were replaced by ethyls ("Ethamphetamine" would involve replacing just the N-methyl).
Ethylphenylbutanamine_structure.png