• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine efficacy AFTER intense exercise

ydrone

Greenlighter
Hi,

I've searched threads for hours so i apologize if this has been covered...but i couldnt find much.

Has anyone found that their amp based medication is less effective when administered after a high intensity workout? I seem to get less effect and shorter duration and this seems incongruous with what we know about the impact of exercise on brain chemistry (though obviously there are lots of variables). Specifically in my case I take adderall. The workouts are usually short but intense, intervals etc.

Weird. Sometimes i'll wait several hours before dosing too.

Thanks

Last edited:
Why would you want to push your cardiovascular system even harder after a high-intensity workout? Your body needs time to repair after excersize, so it wouldn't make sense to increase your BP and pulse with amphetamines. The amps will drain you of everything your body needs after an intense workout, I cant see how this is beneficial.
As for reduced efficacy, during excersize the brain releases all sorts of neurotransmitters including dopamine and norepinephrine, which might explain why you dint get as high. You used up your stores during your high-intensity session.

hey thanks for the reply.

im not really talking about large recreational doses but I can see what you're saying on that front (in terms of harm reduction). I'm in good shape and recover quickly.

It's interesting, tons of info out there around exercising on stims nothing I can find about post workout administration. Probably something to do wiht what you mentioned around dopamine and NE

I have heard that GABA drugs are supposed to be beneficial for post work-out. GHB and GBL have been used as performance enhancing drugs, and I have read a few studies about a few benzos helping muscle recovery after workout sessions I believe.
Somebody here will have a lot more knowledge than me on this topic though, I hardly work out at all ha. I just dont see how anybody would feel decent after pushing their heart and muscles to the extreme (pulse and blood pressure get crazy high during HI-training as you probably aready know) and then ingesting some uppers right afterwards.
There are probably a ton of people in the Body Building/ Workout forum of this site that have plenty of experience with all sorts of chemicals during training sessions if you want to ask them as well.

thanks will do that. Its weird though, even if i eat a small meal post workout and wait like 4 hours ...still see diminished impact

thanks will do that. Its weird though, even if i eat a small meal post workout and wait like 4 hours ...still see diminished impact

When I'm done studying for this damn final I have next week I will try and look for some information for you. I'm not the best at getting back quickly though just letting ya know.

When I'm done studying for this damn final I have next week I will try and look for some information for you. I'm not the best at getting back quickly though just letting ya know.

man i've searched all the typical sources..im going to keep drilling down and see if there has ever been one study done. Dont make yourself crazy, im not sure its out there! haha

Long ago when I was into/still got good effects from/had a place in my life for meth, I did my usual shot of meth after going from standing still to quickly "jogging" around the warehouse I was in over about 1 min. I was running hard for 10 to 15 sec, stutter stepped/lunged whilst holding the shot close to in place and watching that area, new rig and veins and had great technique so got it quick. it was earth shattering as would be expected but I can imagine it's risky to say the least....

Also, for the record, I was careful, measured my doses and knew my product intimately enough to know it from precursors to finished in my spoon. I feel I should also point out that meth is subject to varying effects due to impurities, and it's so much more than just "not getting the weight you paid for", impurities can absolutely ruin the experience. Be careful, measure your doses and know your body, ymmv.

Last edited:
Long ago when I was into/still got good effects from/had a place in my life for meth, I did my usual shot of meth after going from standing still to quickly "jogging" around the warehouse I was in over about 1 min. I was running hard for 10 to 15 sec, stutter stepped/lunged whilst holding the shot close to in place and watching that area, new rig and veins and had great technique so got it quick. it was earth shattering as would be expected but I can imagine it's risky to say the least....

Also, for the record, I was careful, measured my doses and knew my product intimately enough to know it from precursors to finished in my spoon. I feel I should also point out that meth is subject to varying effects due to impurities, and it's so much more than just "not getting the weight you paid for", impurities can absolutely ruin the experience. Be careful, measure your doses and know your body, ymmv.

I think that the OP is taking pharmaceutical amps, but yes always be careful. Why would you get up and run around before a shot? I always liked to be sitting down and have a normal pulse and such before I would IV stimulants. It seems to me that increasing heart rate and BP before IV meth could induce extreme panic.

I thought he was specifically referencing rx amps as well but I figured it might spark some relevant conversation. I did I purely for experimental purposes. To "push it", without raising my dose, just by changing different thing about my set/setting. I've also dosed before, during (manually and by proxy) and after meditation to give you an idea of said experimentation. And you are correct to think it could easily induce panic, if I wouldn't have been mentally prepared it would have absolutely ripped me a new one and would have been a jittery, panicky " hunt" for a high after the rush. It would treat me that way now regardless at that same dose tho, after a point the effects became more and more negative and now to say I don't use stimulants would pretty much sum it up, occasional caffeine unless something rare/tasty and relatively clean(wont complely lose your shirt when you wash it) comes around, it's a "no go", literally lol.

Will be trying again tomorrow, will see what happens. I?m not sure what the workout is yet but will report back.

This is a long shot as I don't have much time to look into it right now, but have you tried taking an antacid with the amphetamine? Iirc exercise might increase acid secretion due to less blood flow to the stomach and amphetamine is a weak base so low pH leads to more protonated amphetamine, decreasing absorption

Yes typically will add a couple tums about an hour before.

Maybe its in my head.. I?m
Not sure. Just that after a few occasions of the same result Im starting to think something is up.