• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine, DXM and weed combo

Mulletisha

Greenlighter
Is this a dangerous combination? I plan on taking 150mg DXM, smoking a large amount of weed (by large, I'm talking shatter topped bowls, multiple joints, and a weed brownie, all of this after a mandatory-ish t-break), and taking a 30xr + ~30-40mg insufflated throughout the night. I understand the risk of heart problems, but I'm not sure such a low dose of DXM will be too dangerous to combine with adderall, and I know that serotonin shit can go on, but again, am I at risk with such a low dose of DXM? Also, is there anything I can do within the next several days to prepare me for this, and make the combo less toxic? And if you guys believe this combo to be dangerous, what about a lower dose of adderall?

Also, I understand this is a harm reduction forum, but instead of coming in here and just saying 'dont do it', how about you explain why, and let me base my decision on that. Hate that shit mang. Happens too often on this sub unfortunately.

BTW I have extensive experience in the combinations of weed+adderall, and weed+DXM, so I'm not worried about freaking out or whatever.

Combining Adderall and DXM can result in Serotonin Syndrom, I don't know if your dose is high enough to cause it but I wouldn't try it, SS is really nasty and can kill you

Combining Adderall and DXM can result in Serotonin Syndrom, I don't know if your dose is high enough to cause it but I wouldn't try it, SS is really nasty and can kill you

SS shouldn't be a risk from amphetamine and DXM, amp is basically inactive as an SRA. The main risks are heart effects or, if you are having a full-blown DXM trip, getting pushed into nasty headspaces due to anxiety from the adderall. I don't know too much about DXM dosing or the details of the combo, but at a guess I'd say if your dose of DXM is having noticable effects it's probably giving some degree of extra stress on the heart. If you're healthy, you're probably not in too much danger just doing this once, though obviously in the long run you should probably avoid doing it too often.

Other than the obvious cardiac and cardiovascular risks, I just want to point out that, personally, I've found any combination of DXM and stimulants (yes, even low doses of either DXM or the stimulant in question) to be physically uncomfortable and mentally taxing. It's just plain not enjoyable (IME, but also anecdotally from several other people that I've witnessed taking this combination), and you'd derive much more satisfaction taking them separately.

Thanks. I've decided to just drop 200mg DXM and 100mg DPH tonight and save the addy for friday.