• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Amphetamine + booze = terrible comedown

Wilson Wilson

Bluelighter
Simple question here really. I often read on BL about how alcohol helps an amphetamine comedown. While I do enjoy the odd drink on amphetamine, I find it makes my comedowns much worse. Feels like a horrid hangover. Even if I've not had much booze, I know if I'm on speed I'll regret it later. Without the speed the same amount of booze will just have me feeling a bit buzzed with no real ill effects. And without booze that speed will only cause a very mild comedown.

I suspect it's because alcohol has some dopaminergic properties so it fucks with already depleted receptors. But that's just a guess.

Anyway curious if anyone else gets this since I so often read the exact opposite?

I figured it for severe dehydration/exhaustion but yeah I had a shitty evening due to like 2 beers and a very small amount of adderall yesterday.

The pounding headache was very much reminiscent of a bad hangover.

I figured it for severe dehydration/exhaustion but yeah I had a shitty evening due to like 2 beers and a very small amount of adderall yesterday.

The pounding headache was very much reminiscent of a bad hangover.

Yeah same as I got here. I was also drinking water during the day but it is definitely possible the two together still dehydrated me.

Today I'm on the same combo (just drinking cider on a normal Dexedrine dose) but I also had some pod tea which hit me nice, so far feeling very nice. Opiates are lifesavers for this kinda thing. Not the best HR for obvious reasons but it works.

Best thing for amphetamine comedown is probably a benzodiazepine like Valium, or even low dose Seroquel, if you can get these.

When younger, I used to love boozing on speed. Booze was my DOC back then and speed made me able to drink more, much , much more .... then two days later my friends and I would be still be boozing to smooth put the comedown, in theory. But in practice we were just rounding off a monumental booze bender which had been enabled by speed....

The day AFTER the drinking stopped would be abominable, of course.

Benzos are definitely the best but I'm trying to avoid using benzos whenever possible at the moment. I find weed helps too but more in the sense of the couch locked weed high overpowering the amphetamine rather than actually helping the comedown. Still helps ride through it though.

But mostly I like booze while I'm actually on the amphetamine rather than when I'm coming down, they mix real nice especially for social situations (not only because of the effect but cuz usually I'm in a pub) but I know even if I eat and drink water, all the stuff you're meant to do, I'm gonna be hit with that rough comedown later on.

Yeah two day bender is gonna be rough!

I personally will keep both reasonably dosed and have nothing but good things to say about the two. 10mg of adderall with maybe some coffee/Maca and a couple of Jameson sours to wash it down.

I’m too stimmed without the alcohol and too sedated without the stim.

I’m really into dancing, and find this combo is possibly better than MDMA combos at its peak. For 2-3 hours I’m so on point with my moves it’s insane. I usually get the most compliments with amp and alcohol.

A nice night out will be 10mg adderall, 100-200mg maca, a latte, 500mg Phenibut and some drinks.

-GC

Interestingly I find taking stims absolutely kills any desire for alcohol whatsoever.

I cant feel the effects of alcohol at when when Im on meth, no matter how much I drink. I never drink during the high because of that and it also does make the comedown much worse. I feel like drinking on stims is like setting the stage for both drugs to do the most possible damage to my body and brain.

I have never understood people who enjoy mixing the two, but I have know people who do so regulary.

It's been so long and I only ever did meth, but I found alcohol on the comedown to be pretty damn great.

I think near the end we were even ginning up whilst tweaking. What you gonna do in Toronto in your 20s, know what I mean?