View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Amphetamine and 2C-E Tolerance

Quiglesigles

Bluelighter
I take 70mg Vyvanse daily which equates to about 30mg d-amphetamine. Since both amph and 2C-E are phenethylamines, will this cause tolerance to the 2C-E. I have heard mixed opinions on this as amph acts on dopamine while 2C-E acts on 5HT-2A receptors.

I really don't think it will. Also lisdexamfetamine is 100% converted to dextroamphetamine so wouldn't it be 70mg d-amp? Whereas adderall would only be 2/3 dextroamphetamine.

I'm pretty sure 70mg vyvsnse only turns into 30mg Amphetamine but since both are phenethylamines won't there be cross tolerance?

I really don't think it will. Also lisdexamfetamine is 100% converted to dextroamphetamine so wouldn't it be 70mg d-amp? Whereas adderall would only be 2/3 dextroamphetamine.

The amphetamine part of the molecule is only about half the weight of the lisdexamphetamine molecule so when it splits into lysine and d-amp, the amp weight will only be half what the total original weight is even if there is 100% conversion. It will be the same number of moles though.

To the original question, amphetamine is an indirect acting sympathomimetic that acts on dopamine and noradrenaline receptors and I believe 2-ce acts as an agonist on serotonin receptors. So I can't see why there would be cross tolerance

^This.

Just because two drugs share a similar chemical backbone doesn't mean there will be tolerance between the two.

[QUOTE=NeighborhoodThreat;1099106

Whatever about dragging up old posts, I was looking for info and saw this so thought I should put my brain on the table.

I used a number of fluorinated amphetamines daily over a period of 3 weeks. When I stopped, I felt somewhat weak, was amotivated and sleepy.

4 days after I stopped speeding, I took a dose of 2C-E that turned out to be quite low, maybe 5-10mg. No psychedelia, just body load. I don't think think stim use gave me tolerance to it, but I do think that as a stimulating psych, it may have downstream effects on catecholemines. My fatigue was gone that evening and the day after. Next day it came back. Got worse the day after. During that week I also experimented with some 2C-P and again, while I was on it and the day after, the stim WD symptoms were gone. I ended up going 2 weeks and still feeling fatigued. I was almost better when I got more 2-FMA.

I think that the PEA psychs interrupted my withdrawal; they eased the symptoms and it took longer than I was expecting to start to feel normal again. I don't think that tripping would have a noticeable effect on stim tolerance though. It's possible that heavy stim use might make these PEAs seem less stimulating while still being psychedelic, IDK, we'll have to keep an eye out for that.