• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

AMPAkines and opioids-tolerance effects?

Limpet_Chicken

Bluelighter
Its known that NMDAr antagonists reduce reduce opioid tolerance.

AMPAkines induce NMDAr potentiation , so, are they likely to cause formation of tolerance to opioids?

I have been interested in DM-235, aka sunifiram, one of the most potent known AMPAkines, N-benzoylpropionylpiperazine, but I am dependent to oxycodone.

I really do NOT want to cause any further tolerance than I already have, withdrawal blows, and I shoot it occasionally, as well as sometimes take codeine/DHC/morphine in the OTC formulations available in the UK. So, anybody know if AMPAkines induce tolerance to MOR/DOR/EOR agonists agonists?

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you consulted the literature?

Pretty much any argument that is not a direct causal relationship can only be answered by 'maybe' in a biological system as complex as we are. So, maybe it would speed development of tolerance, maybe it wouldn't. Maybe you'd get a rash.

A rash?

I've not consulted literature to much avail. I don't think there IS much on AMPAkines at all, and opioid tolerance. A fair bit on selective reversal of respiratory depression, but tolerance induction, not that I can find.

And respiratory depression isn't a worry for me much. Tolerance blows, and when a 1mg IV dose of fent left me shaking, and vomiting out of both ends at once, I doubt I have to worry much about respiratory depression.

If you can't find anything stating that they obviously increase opioid tolerance (& they have been used concurrently w/opioids in the past), they probably don't increase opioid tolerance.

If they have looked.

I just...the theoretic possibility makes me nervous (and I admit, banging oxy and fent, and drinking a crapload of codeine, opium tincture, and morphine OTC cough mixtures makes me one lazy bastard :p)

ULD nantrexone is THAT effeective?
Its a structural derivative of NTLX that interesting in their owqn right, for being selective agonists, for a truncated MOR splice variant that appear to produce no other depend3ence, or signs of addictive properties, as well as attenuated respiratory depression. But found nothing in the way of antagonist activity in mince, on this iodobenzoyl naltrexamide when the researchers challenged the mice with naloxone (or it could have been naltrexone i forget.

Much appreciated toucan.

I would very much suggest however to avoid taking nefiracetam, excuse me for failing to provide a citation, but I have restricted time online at the moment, I'm not on my own machine, keyboard got chilli sauce in it, and is currently taking a methanol bath in the hopes of reviving it:p and I'm really REALLY busy reading up on opioid SAR

Its easy to find though. Nefiracetam has been positively shown to cause atrophy of Leydig cells in canine testicles and adversely affects sperm count, mobility and other functions of gamete health. I wouldn't touch this one with an anthrax-dipped stick with jimmy savile's bell end mounted on the end. I'm happier with my bollocks where they are. Attached to me, and working. I am not having kids at this stage in my life, but I'd HATE to think they might not turn out autistic if/when I do decide to have some due to having an unhealthy, shrunken, stunted pair of nadgers =D

Oh i'm so glad someone else was wondering about this interaction too! I was very curious about this subject... let me give you some real world experience relavent to all of this.

I kicked a 2 year suboxone habit, and my started taking nootropics('tams,noopept) about a month afterwards. They didn't make any of the post-withdrawl symptoms much better or worse...They didn't make anything WORSE really... not like I dosed and broke out into cold sweats. What I was curious was their effect on tolerance...

I was considering working with NMDA antagonists to make the PAWS from sickening amounts of opiate abuse better. Granted, I am amazed at how functional I am, but I can still tell something is a bit off...I've heard some pretty cool things about nmda antagonists speeding recovery from long-term opiate abuse.

Does anyone really understand the relationship between nootropics (lets say ... aniracetam) and NMDAR receptors? I know NMDA receptor function is quite complex !

I understand that a big portion of most nootropic mechanisms of action is NMDA receptor regulation (basically keeping everything functioning homeostatically, not above or below normal function, i believe the term that was used was "allosteric modulation of nmda receptor function").

I have heard that most if not all nootropics will BLOCK dissociatives . True?

I've got to unravel that study posted a bit above above the opiate receptor interaction. I DO know that nefiracetam has a pretty unique analgesic effect.

I particularly enjoyed nefiracetam & separate it as categorically unique from the rest.

I never knew it to be analgesic & actually had painful paraesthetic sensations in a nightmare with Piracetam and being a Lyrica abuser, and I mean just taking them together and falling asleep, legs electrocuted by lightning.

I suppose it could partially block nmdar antagonism since that activity isn't exclusive to dissociative anesthetics.

At a later time, I categorically further separated 1:1 piracetam & choline ratio once I enjoyed its effect, but still unsure about the more potent racetams would work with 1:1 ratioing

Last edited: