View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Amnesia during peak psychedelic experiences

I experience more Amnesia from Mdma and mda or even AMT than i do from lets say
Mushrooms or LSD

Honestly, I thought that the "too alien to fathom" explanation was right until I decided to go back for more. Now I think that all it really is is that you need to be able to experience that state of mind multiple times to be able to bring more back with you. This has been the case for me with salvia, DMT, and large doses of nitrous. I thought I remembered some but not much the first times I did any of them. Then, the more I did them, the more I realized that I was experiencing the same kind of thing every time, and by adjusting myself to the trips over time, they got much easier to remember. It gets easier with every adventure. I can vividly remember specific things about those trips now which I once thought were lost forever, including from the very first times I had that amnesia.

Also, after plenty of LSD trips, the whole experience is now extremely easy to remember. Complex visuals and delirious thoughts are fleeting, but the rest is a cinch.

state dependent memory definitely rules, however, when the layers of experiencing are too great, memory does not form, and no cognition is possible.

using the model of dosage of psychedelic increasing the duration of signal pulse train fade out, moderate doses enable incredible richness of experience as the moments stack up. Time becomes transformed into a navigable dimension since several moments coexist.
Memory formation in this state continues to function, the most unique keys or triggers to memories that are similar have multi-moment or multispatial character. such triggers do not normally occur so you can end up with many memories locked away until the next time you dream or get stoned.

when the dosage increases to the extent that you black out or white out intermittently (when the stack of moments is so thick that nothing makes any sense) memory formation is not possible. nothing can be a trigger, and nothing in memory can be triggered.

Higher dosage than that will guarantee extended periods of blackout.

often a dosage that ensures peaking will have some intermittent black-out, it is hard to find a sweet spot that misses blackout but ensures maximum layer density to experiencing. I usually am satisfied with less than the maximum.

state dependent memory definitely rules, however, when the layers of experiencing are too great, memory does not form, and no cognition is possible.

using the model of dosage of psychedelic increasing the duration of signal pulse train fade out, moderate doses enable incredible richness of experience as the moments stack up. Time becomes transformed into a navigable dimension since several moments coexist.
Memory formation in this state continues to function, the most unique keys or triggers to memories that are similar have multi-moment or multispatial character. such triggers do not normally occur so you can end up with many memories locked away until the next time you dream or get stoned.

when the dosage increases to the extent that you black out or white out intermittently (when the stack of moments is so thick that nothing makes any sense) memory formation is not possible. nothing can be a trigger, and nothing in memory can be triggered.

Higher dosage than that will guarantee extended periods of blackout.

often a dosage that ensures peaking will have some intermittent black-out, it is hard to find a sweet spot that misses blackout but ensures maximum layer density to experiencing. I usually am satisfied with less than the maximum.

with time, I learned that less is more with psychedelics