• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Amitriptyline / tramadol

femaletrouble

Bluelighter
Hi folks well I take amitripyline 3x25mg an I've just hurt my back lifting a heavy wardrobe. My friend has given me 4 X 50mg tramadols will it be safe to take them with the amitriptyline? Cheers

It’s not advised to mix the two medications. Have you ever taken tramadol before?

Not safe, do NOT mix. Tramadol is a SNRI that lowers your seizure threshold significantly; amitryptaline floods the brain with serotonin via some sort of inhibition as well. The mixture could easily give you serotonin syndrome and leave you dead drowning in your own vomit.

Not safe, do NOT mix. Tramadol is a SNRI that lowers your seizure threshold significantly; amitryptaline floods the brain with serotonin via some sort of inhibition as well. The mixture could easily give you serotonin syndrome and leave you dead drowning in your own vomit.
But if I take 10 diazepam would that eliminate any chance of a seizure? If I keep my doses low?

But if I take 10 diazepam would that eliminate any chance of a seizure? If I keep my doses low?
The worry is serotonin syndrome as well as seizures.

Do not mix those two drugs and do not add a benzo on top.