• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

amitriptyline SIDE EFFECTS

CWLO91

Bluelighter
So I started amitriptyline 100mg for sleep ..I'm also on seroqel 300mg ... what are the side effects of amitriptyline?? I

Nausea, headaches, drowsiness (of course) ... dry mouth, skin rashes. Those are a few. I was on amitriptyline for awhile and it caused me to eat like crazy. I am now on seroquel. I'm surprised your doc wants you to take both, but I'm sure it depends on what you're taking them for and your past medical history.

Thank you. I've been on seroquel for a few years . Started taking 50mg for sleep at a detox center . Then my dr said I was bi polar so he uped my seroquel to 300mg . It really doesn't effect me anymore since I've been taking it for so long I think. So my dr started me on amitriptyline recently and the past few nights it just hits me like a ton of bricks !!! Fell asleep eating pop tarts!

Thank you. I've been on seroquel for a few years . Started taking 50mg for sleep at a detox center . Then my dr said I was bi polar so he uped my seroquel to 300mg . It really doesn't effect me anymore since I've been taking it for so long I think. So my dr started me on amitriptyline recently and the past few nights it just hits me like a ton of bricks !!! Fell asleep eating pop tarts!
Amitriptyline gave me horrific constipation!

Mood swings, libido loss, brain zaps... if there's an anti-depressant drug with THE most side-effects, it's amitryptaline. I firmly believe it should be schedule 1. My GP was shocked when a gastroenterologist put me on it, as he remembered when TCAs first rolled out and said, "They always relieved anxiety and depression, but people would refuse to take it because of such extreme side-effects; they'd rather be depressed."

I take the 25mg one in a. Morning 1 at tea time an 1at 8 o'clock an I don't feel any effect off them it's like a sugar pill to me oh apart from a dry mouth an that about it.

How the fuck do you take both of them together? The uncomfortable sedation and antihistamine effects from one of those drugs is bad enough imo. If i took both id be a zombie all day with a mouth as dry as the sahara