• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Aminorex Reports and Info

G_Chem

Moderator: OD
Staff member
Just acquired a small small amount of this substance. Not 100% on its identity, but from what I heard it went benzaldehyde to nitro-intermediate to phenylethanolamine to Aminorex. Yields were absolute garbage from what the DN vendor said and the micro scale synth didn’t help, but 40mg Aminorex freebase was the result.

~2mg was consumed along with some coffee, general energy levels are poor starting the day.

The best way to describe it would be a lackluster amphetamine with seemingly more serotonin effects. My mood was actually not super great, it would switch based on the activity I was doing but overall I felt somewhat dysphoric at times.

Very focused drug though. It seemed almost more analytically focused than amphetamine. Coffee is usually a hazy unproductive stimulation strictly used to hang around and socialize, today i felt none of that as the Aminorex altered the experience.

Overall though I wasn’t too impressed. The only thing it did well was the focus/analytical part, but it lacked to much in other areas to make it worth it. I also felt somewhat out of breath and mild vasoconstriction even at this low dose.

With that said, I may try this one more time but after that if it’s the same I’m gonna write it off as a relic of the past with not much use and toss it in the trash.

-GC

Was it subjected to GCMS testing? I'd be a little wary consuming the product of a microscale synthesis.

The yield was 40mg?

What you describe sounds more like cyclazodone. I would imagine that aminorex would be pretty reinforcing (the binding ratios looked good on paper if I remember correctly).

In any event, cyclazodone feels like what youre describing; a lack luster amphetamine, with more serotonergic properties at higher doses. Also kind of zombifying. Still, aminorex should possess much higher abuse potential than cyclazodone.

No but without getting too detailed I’m certain it was synthesized as is described. It was done on a small scale because Aminorex isn’t exactly a super desirable substance from what I gathered. It was still legal in Mexico in the early 2000’s as diet pills from what I heard, and the people which took said pills didn’t think terribly highly of it either. Expected yield was 250-300mg, so coulda been worse.

Benzaldehyde to Phenylethanolamine, and according to the “Poos/McNeil Aminorex Patent” said substance when subjected to the same process as PPA to 4-MAR will yield plain Aminorex.

Don’t get me wrong, it was decent, but again I felt like other drugs do everything it did better. Also 2mg is just scraping the surface, especially if it is impure which is likely.

I’ll rate it as better than Modafinl/Adrafinil but less than Amphetamine with serotnergic flair (so far) that I wasn’t fond of, if I want serotonin I’ll take a true empathogen. It felt like what I’ve heard the fluoro amphetamine analogs described as.

Also something reminded me of cocaine with this drug, and I wonder if it’s due to the fact a lot of cocaine contains levamisole where I’m from.. (Levamisole metabolizes to Aminorex.). Thinking more the mood variation resembled that of cocaine, one minute your good the next your not type of thing.

I too wonder if my mood was just related to my set and setting, I was feeling like garbage before taking it.

Well I’ll try again in a week or two at 5-10mg to see what happens. 5-10mg is about my typical amphetamine dose.

Edit- After looking more into the compound you quoted, Na it’s not that. That’s a grey area RC that wouldn’t arise from this particular synthesis as far as I can see.

-GC

Last edited:
No but without getting too detailed I’m certain it was synthesized as is described. It was done on a small scale because Aminorex isn’t exactly a super desirable substance from what I gathered. It was still legal in Mexico in the early 2000’s as diet pills from what I heard, and the people which took said pills didn’t think terribly highly of it either. Expected yield was 250-300mg, so coulda been worse.

Benzaldehyde to Phenylethanolamine, and according to the “Poos/McNeil Aminorex Patent” said substance when subjected to the same process as PPA to 4-MAR will yield plain Aminorex.

Don’t get me wrong, it was decent, but again I felt like other drugs do everything it did better. Also 2mg is just scraping the surface, especially if it is impure which is likely.

I’ll rate it as better than Modafinl/Adrafinil but less than Amphetamine with serotnergic flair (so far) that I wasn’t fond of, if I want serotonin I’ll take a true empathogen. It felt like what I’ve heard the fluoro amphetamine analogs described as.

Also something reminded me of cocaine with this drug, and I wonder if it’s due to the fact a lot of cocaine contains levamisole where I’m from.. (Levamisole metabolizes to Aminorex.). Thinking more the mood variation resembled that of cocaine, one minute your good the next your not type of thing.

I too wonder if my mood was just related to my set and setting, I was feeling like garbage before taking it.

Well I’ll try again in a week or two at 5-10mg to see what happens. 5-10mg is about my typical amphetamine dose.

Edit- After looking more into the compound you quoted, Na it’s not that. That’s a grey area RC that wouldn’t arise from this particular synthesis as far as I can see.

-GC

Yeah wasn't suggesting that what you received was cyclazodone, was only saying that the effects sounded reminiscent of my experiences with cyclazodone. This of course isn't much of stretch since they are structurally similar and share a similar mechanism of action.

In some regards i prefer drugs like cyclazodone to amphetamine or 2-FMA as it has a more pronounced antidepressant with less of a comedown. That said it is certainly a functional stimulant.

But yes i would imagine it would feel like 2-FMA or 2-FA, though I frankly assumed it would have been better than those due to the 5HT release.

Did it have an almond taste or smell to it out of curiosity? I've found that a number of drugs with this general structure have an almond taste/smell to them (such as 4-MAR, as well as the 2-oxazolidone variants such as n-methylcyclazodone and cyclazodone). The almond smell can be a little unsettling as I associate it with hydrogen cyanide etc

No benzaldehyde smell but this substance was purified to a fair extent, from what I heard moreso than I see written in many of the 4-MAR writeups I’ve seen. Many 4-MAR chemists would just basify, crash it out and sell as is.

I will say zero shitty feel today, that’s a plus. Actually as the day goes turning out better than normal. Amphetamine isn’t so nice to me. Another indication of serotonin activity IMO.

-GC

So you mean aminorex, and not 4-methyl-aminorex (4-MAR)? First I've heard of it. 4-MAR always sounded amazing and some people who have used it say they like it better than meth.

So you mean aminorex, and not 4-methyl-aminorex (4-MAR)? First I've heard of it. 4-MAR always sounded amazing and some people who have used it say they like it better than meth.

Yup. I’m beginning to think yesterday was a bit of a fluke combined with low dosage, I was feeling generally unwell for a few days up to and including that day. I’m not gonna say anything definitive until I try 5-10mg.

Aminorex was used in the 60’s as an anorectic but was discontinued due to pulmonary hypertension issues similar to fenfluramine. From the research I’ve done though it seems this only happens to unhealthy folks using it daily in high doses for months on end, none of which matches me.

Very few people have tried it from what I’ve heard.

-GC

does it have any "sexual" component like meth? 2 mg is pretty low dose to tell I guess

I too wondered if you meant 4-methyl-aminorex
Aminorex as i understand wasnt ever considered pleasurable or recreational but i may be wrong

Alright pretty sure that ~2mg was more like .5mg now I’ve properly weighed out a dose. The material is very fluffy.

Ate 5mg an hour ago... When I smelled the vial this time there was indeed a smell built up but one I couldn’t put my finger on, not benzaldehyde.

Comeup was very anxiety inducing but very well could be due to the fact it’s a new substance. The high is stimulating but as I felt before somewhat fuzzy and disociating as well.

I should mention caffeine is fuzzy and dissociating to me as well, so this may just be how I react to some stimulants. I don’t react to stims how others do, for instance opiates are more motivating and stimulating to me at times than actual stimulants.

Soon as I came up I got pretty horny, although I was beforehand it just increased it. Overall this ok feel good wise, unlike the last micro dose.

I have the urge to just call it a lazy fun day and play video games instead of doing stuff which is unusual and also another similarity to caffeine for me.

Now with the larger dose I’d again rate it inbetween the ‘finils and amphetamines. If I had no access to better stimulants I’d be willing to use this on occasion.

I just wonder if all the negativity I’ve read about this substance is clouding my experiences with it. I can tell there’s an underlying fear due to past history of pulmonary hypertension.

If I were to guess, compared to Amphetamine this has less NE and more Serotonin going for it.

I’ll report back later with duration and any further updates.

All in all it feels about on par with adderall (75/25 d/l) in terms of dosage, maybe even stronger. I get the impression 10mg would be pretty strong.

Also does anyone know if Aminorex has trans and cis isomer like 4-MAR? Because this product was synthesized in a different way that would result in the trans isomer as opppsed to the cis-isomer if it’s simikar to 4-MAR in that way.

Edit- From the start of writing this to now, euphoria has increased. Not bad..

Edit 2- A few hours in and actually kinda enjoy this. Very clean stimulation, not as pushy as real Amphetamine. To me that’s a good and bad thing, getting a decent amount done but not like flying around the house either.

The feel of this is unique though, very interesting. It’s very “heady” like I feel it buzzing up there a great deal, it’s this physical effect that was worrisome in the beginning but come to think it’s similat to amp.

Anxiety is higher than normal, saw someone walking outside and got struck with a little needless fear.

-GC

Last edited:
Interesting material..

Again today I felt an up n down with my mood sometimes just feeling flat, yet paradoxically I felt good. Kind of like how I feel on cocaine where I’m feeling good but not (hard to explain, but it’s why I only use high quality cocaine rarely). Maybe it’s euphoria combined with paranoia that leads to an uneasy feeling I’m not a fan of..

Music appreciation was WAY higher than amphetamines and dancing to music along with working out was very pleasurable.

Still feeling it a bit but definitely on the downslope, been about 5hrs.

Overall I’m not overly impressed. I kinda had a feeling plain Aminorex wasn’t anything to write home about and these bioassays prove it.

I won’t be tossing it but won’t be using it again unless I’m really desperate. I’m not a huge stim fan either so don’t see a huge need for it, I only use amp and meth in low doses rarely in conjunction with other drugs.

I’ll come back in with an update of Reagent reactions when I get a chance.

-GC

Thanks for sharing, please consider writing a trip report as this is a pretty unknown substance in the trip report literature. :)

I've got some original Aminorex pills from the 60s at home. The german brand name was Menocil and they were 14mg Aminorex fumarate per pill. From my experience, one pill provides enough energy and motivation to clean your whole apartment, two pills keep you dancing and partying for at least 5 hours.

Now with the larger dose I’d again rate it inbetween the ‘finils and amphetamines...
Edit 2- A few hours in and actually kinda enjoy this. Very clean stimulation, not as pushy as real Amphetamine. To me that’s a good and bad thing, getting a decent amount done but not like flying around the house either....
-GC
sounds like it would make a perfect functional stim to get shit done.. the anxiety is kind of worrisome tho!
Also does anyone know if Aminorex has trans and cis isomer like 4-MAR? ....
-GC
No it doesnt have cis/trans isomers unlike 4-MAR and 4,4'-DMAR (the 4-methyl is what make them exist in cis or trans. either the methyl and phenyl are same side (cis) or opposite side (trans) of the oxazoline ring. For Aminorex, only possibility is two stereoisomers (R) and (S) like amphetamine levo (R) or dextroAMPH (S). would be interesting to see if like AMPH, the (S) is more potent than the (R). very likely one stereoisomer is more potent imo..

sounds like it would make a perfect functional stim to get shit done.. the anxiety is kind of worrisome tho!

No it doesnt have cis/trans isomers unlike 4-MAR and 4,4'-DMAR (the 4-methyl is what make them exist in cis or trans. either the methyl and phenyl are same side (cis) or opposite side (trans) of the oxazoline ring. For Aminorex, only possibility is two stereoisomers (R) and (S) like amphetamine levo (R) or dextroAMPH (S). would be interesting to see if like AMPH, the (S) is more potent than the (R). very likely one stereoisomer is more potent imo..

That’s kinda what I thought but I’m no chemistry expert, more of a well trained monkey lol.

Yea yesterday definitely saw a lot getting done compared to the usual day, there was more anxiety present but nothing relative to a normal day on cocaine hah.

I've got some original Aminorex pills from the 60s at home. The german brand name was Menocil and they were 14mg Aminorex fumarate per pill. From my experience, one pill provides enough energy and motivation to clean your whole apartment, two pills keep you dancing and partying for at least 5 hours.

Interesting your one of only a few people I’ve met who’ve also tried it. How would you rate it overall? Is it very euphoric for you?

A rough conversion from freebase to fumarate and it seems my material is matching yours for the most part in potency. I’d say at double the dose I took yesterday I’d be flying around the house like you describe. 4x (~20mg freebase) would very much be a party dose for a lot of stim heads.

-GC

Interesting your one of only a few people I’ve met who’ve also tried it. How would you rate it overall? Is it very euphoric for you?

A rough conversion from freebase to fumarate and it seems my material is matching yours for the most part in potency. I’d say at double the dose I took yesterday I’d be flying around the house like you describe. 4x (~20mg freebase) would very much be a party dose for a lot of stim heads.

-GC

I find it to be very euphoric indeed. At 20-30mg fumarate it's pretty much a party drug for me. In fact I actually like it better than amphetamine, it's almost like meth but with a shorter duration.

I find it to be very euphoric indeed. At 20-30mg fumarate it's pretty much a party drug for me. In fact I actually like it better than amphetamine, it's almost like meth but with a shorter duration.

Appreciate your response, I’m gonna try a higher dose soon but based on your description I wonder the purity of my material.. Might be worth sending to a lab.

How long have you been using it? Any issues you’d associate with it? Sorry your a rare person so gotta ask lol.

-GC