• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Amino Acid I.V. Therapy and Neurotransmitter Tests for Comedown Recovery - My Journal

You do realize that all vitamins/anti-oxidants are available in food. So that a shot of them is no different from just eating a load of vegetables.

you couldnt be further from the truth. Yes its in foods. But the concentration and amount im getting. My stomach osnt nearly large enough to have the abiluty to digest the amount of food to absorb what im getting.

Also, its goes directly into the body passing the digestion system. Our digestion systems do not absorb 100% of waht we eat. depending on the persons digestion system, and many of ours are not very good, we do not absorb all of what we eat. Through IV, it passes the gut and 100% is absorbed in to the body.

pmz, how has your cognitive issues improved? Like problem solving, thinking about advanced concepts, etc.

I feel like I can almost go back to my last job as an engineer. My head is clearer than ever. I feel so empowered by my thought capacity. My mind is calm and my thoughts are strong and analytically. My speech is also far more articulate than I ever remember it being.

Yes. That is what I needed to hear. Shit is improving at a crazy rate for me right now. The result of that being that I'm focusing more on the issues that's not directly anxiety or depression related. Though I do believe that impaired cognitive skills is a consequence of anxiety.

What about sleep? I just got told that I sat up in bed last night, pointed out in the room towards a picture on the wall, and laughed out loud... That shit scared me pretty bad.. I've always been a bit worried of like waking up halfway out the window or something... :S

you couldnt be further from the truth. Yes its in foods. But the concentration and amount im getting. My stomach osnt nearly large enough to have the abiluty to digest the amount of food to absorb what im getting.

Also, its goes directly into the body passing the digestion system. Our digestion systems do not absorb 100% of waht we eat. depending on the persons digestion system, and many of ours are not very good, we do not absorb all of what we eat. Through IV, it passes the gut and 100% is absorbed in to the body.

On the other hand, there's only a certain amount that is actually able to be used by the body at a certain time. If you take too much of a vitamin, you'll usually just shit it out without even using it.

On the other hand, there's only a certain amount that is actually able to be used by the body at a certain time. If you take too much of a vitamin, you'll usually just shit it out without even using it.

Depends on the vitamin.

Vitamin C is fat soluble if used as ascorbyl palmitate but I don't know if that can be IV'd. If that is the form that is used, the body will store it in fat tissues like it does with A, D, and E.

I know your thoory is all based on anxiety. This might have been YOUR case. But I dont think its mine. I dont think its a brain damage either. I think the brain just shut down from a traumatic event (initial MDMA high dose, severly altering brain chemistry causing anxiety, which then causes the brain to shut down to protect it self.

This is WHAT depersonilization is and how it works. I have talked to countless people who experienced DP who got it from simply a traumatic event in their life. They say how DP is triggered, is through a traumatic event or events and the individual is so severely impacted the brain basically shuts down to protect self from further trauma. Kind of ironic, but its like the brain goes into shock and takes a very long time to wake it back up again.

Thats what happened to us. We had a traumatic drug interaction. Its easier for us to get back to base line rather than those who have had years of childhood family trauma. They have far deeper wounds to heal than we do. But from what I have learned, is that drug induced DP or not, the mode of recovery seems to work for both parties the same way.

I completely agree with you on this point. I think we are disagreeing on a point of semantics. I use the term "anxiety" as a broad term to classify a comedown as a psychosomatic disorder compared to an actual physical injury caused by neurotoxins. A "comedown" is not GAD nor is it acute anxiety but I think it falls within the anxiety family of mental illness. I am not a psychologist but I would compare it to PTSD. Again, by mental illness I mean an acute stress on the brain from a traumatic experience that the brain's reaction was to go into standby mode. I am merely using the terms that my doctors used when they explained it to me.

Like I said before, I did not suffer from "anxiety" I had terrible brain fog, disassociation, blurry vision and muted emotions. I call my symptoms anxiety because I believe they are caused by my brain being stressed from a traumatic experience.

One of the biggest obstacles I had in my recovery was the "acceptance" phase. I could not get myself to quit thinking about my symptoms and when, if ever, I would recover. As time went on, I was able to temporarily distract myself but every time I felt off, I immediately attributed it to MDMA and a comedown. Every time the idea of a comedown or brain damage would pop into my head it made my symptoms worse. Every time I took a supplement I just sat there and waited for my comedown to go away. When it didn't, I would freak out about being stuck with DP/DR forever. By consistently focusing on the idea of a comedown, I just stressed my brain out worse.

The only reason I say something is that I feel that you are still trying to fight your comedown and force your brain to relax which could be incidentally causing more stress/anxiety and prolonging your eventual 100% recovery.

For the record, I am very much rooting for you and enjoy seeing you make progress on your recovery. It is important to have an open debate to help the people who unfortunately find themselves in similar situations.

well im one of the ones who think is not just anxiety, but im ok with both sides, anxiety itself is a phisiological response of the body, but i also think that the mind have some power to solve physiological disequilibrium, so far better if you use both approaches. For me meditation and diet BOTH did a huge good effect, also experimenting with vitamins are making good. Placebo? no idea...but dairy, gluten, alcohol,chocolate, coffe...they seems now to be bad for me (when in the past it didnt and i could eat a whole bread for launch). i didnt know about it until i make my own trial and error, and found this. later i discovered that this foods also affect in another neurological problems. Is kind of sensitivity mode of the body to certain kind of chemicals. this is my experience. very cool that you are going better pmz, i also miss my engineering classes and work.

Not being funny, but this whole thing screams "con" in my eyes. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you are making a recovery, but the £££'s spent for what is concentrated and high volume vitamins is just ridiculous. If someone told me I could charge someone $700 for injecting them with amino acids (plus the other stuff), I would do that too.

with all due respect.... you all can take your "its just anxiety" theory and shove it up your asses.......

Here is my neurotransmitter test I just got back

Im fucked on serotonin.

PEA - "PEA has unique rapid uplifting effects on mood, mental activity, attention, motivation, alertness, creativity, awareness, energy, stamina, physical activity, pleasurable feelings, sexuality, and sensory perceptions. "

Epinephrine - also known as adrenaline is a neurotransmitter and hormone essential to metabolism. It regulates attention, mental focus, arousal, and cognition. It also inhibits insulin excretion and raises the amounts of fatty acids in the blood. Epinephrine is made from norepinephrine and is released from the adrenal glands. Low levels have been can result in fatigue, lack of focus, and difficulty losing weight. High levels have been linked to sleep problems, anxiety and ADHD.

Glutamate is the major excitatory neurotransmitter in the brain. It is required for learning and memory. Low levels can lead to tiredness and poor brain activity. Increased levels of glutamate can cause death to the neurons (nerve cells) in the brain. Dysfunction in glutamate levels are involved in many neurodegenerative diseases such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's, Huntington's, and Tourette's. High levels also contribute to Depression, OCD, and Autism.

This makes a little sense

picture002.jpg

Last edited:
With all due respect, unless they did a blood platelet test, not a bit of that is accurate.

"A high urinary serotonin level might be seen after an acute release of serotonin from platelets as a result of an allergic reaction, a migraine headache, a high-sugar meal, or another biochemical insult that affects platelet reactivity. Conversely, if allergic reactions, migraines, high-sugar meals, or other biochemical insults occurred repeatedly, the platelets might become depleted of serotonin, potentially resulting in a low urinary serotonin level. In none of these scenarios would it be logical to assume that high urinary serotonin means the level needs to be decreased or that low urinary serotonin means the levels need to be increased. Similar arguments could be made regarding urinary levels of other neurotransmitters. It is noteworthy that a study of both healthy and depressed humans found no correlation between urinary excretion of various neurotransmitters and the concentration of these neurotransmitters in cerebrospinal fluid. (1)"

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Urinary+neurotransmitter+testing:+is+it+worthwhile?-a0173189954

Also, http://www.moodcure.com/pdfs/urinetesting.pdf

That place has been using amino acids and other holistic approaches since 1988. They know what they're talking about.

You just wasted a bunch of money.

its very fitting though. I dont have much to go by.

I wouldn't go to a naturopath that uses tests like this... Even the method of holding a supplement to my chest and asking myself if it was okay and buying it if I leaned forward, putting it back if I leaned back made more sense than looking for neurotransmitter levels in the brain in body fluids nowhere near it.

so are you saying there is no neurotransmitter imbalance at all? I mean she had said she has never seen a serotonin level as low as mine. even is it was inaccurate, that has to say something

"A high urinary serotonin level might be seen after an acute release of serotonin from platelets as a result of an allergic reaction, a migraine headache, a high-sugar meal, or another biochemical insult that affects platelet reactivity. Conversely, if allergic reactions, migraines, high-sugar meals, or other biochemical insults occurred repeatedly, the platelets might become depleted of serotonin, potentially resulting in a low urinary serotonin level. In none of these scenarios would it be logical to assume that high urinary serotonin means the level needs to be decreased or that low urinary serotonin means the levels need to be increased. Similar arguments could be made regarding urinary levels of other neurotransmitters. It is noteworthy that a study of both healthy and depressed humans found no correlation between urinary excretion of various neurotransmitters and the concentration of these neurotransmitters in cerebrospinal fluid. (1)"

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Urinary+neurotransmitter+testing:+is+it+worthwhile?-a0173189954

Also, http://www.moodcure.com/pdfs/urinetesting.pdf

That place has been using amino acids and other holistic approaches since 1988. They know what they're talking about.

You just wasted a bunch of money.

While I agree that the gold standard of measuring brain serotonin levels is via a CSF sample, and that there is no strong correlation between urine and CSF serotonin levels, I think PMZ's urinary serotonin level is not completely meaningless.

Like any other measurable variable in medicine, urinary serotonin levels should not follow a uniform distribution with an infinite range. Like every other lab, it should follow a unimodal or multimodal distribution over a finite range of values, that has a normal (Gaussian) like decay at either extreme of the curve.

I agree that urinary serotonin or 5-HIAA reflects not only cerebral processes but systemic processes as well. Therefore, a severely depressed patient with a carcinoid tumor in the abdomen (known to secrete serotonin) can have much higher urinary serotonin levels than a happy patient with no tumor. However , the fact that PMZ's urinary serotonin is LESS THAN THE 2.5 PERCENTILE, which is so far below the normal range of urinary serotonin values seen amongst the general population, should raise eyebrows. Given that PMZ is not having recurrent migraines or allergic reactions, one needs to wonder why his values are below the 2.5 percentile. Even if he was having migraines or allergic reactions, the serotonin levels should not be less than the 2.5 percentile.

Last edited: