• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos ambien

Ambien did not work for me. In fact, it would create a very nervous feeling that was worse than not sleeping at all.

Ambien is an odd medication. It helps many sleep well but others seem to lack that benefit. Personally, it acted as a mild hallucinogen for me. If I could not sleep within 3 hours of taking the dose, I would feel like I had micro-dosed LSD. Not intense visuals but just odd. I had better luck with Trazodone and Temazepam. With Ambien I found it is most effective if you are able to sleep within 2 hours of your dose. Some people fight sleep on the medication intentionally to get these effects but for me they were unwanted side effects and I had to switch

It's pretty good at knocking you out to sleep, but it doesn't last long enough. I'd always wake up 4 hours later and inevitably take another one.
Pretty much my experience, I always had to take it with either Benadryl or mirtazapine to stay asleep.

Well it is the only drug I was in a high speed highway chase on that was followed by a canine being released into a freezing dark forest I ended up having to finish running through in my socks as my shoes came off in bog partway in.

To paint a clearer picture I would have more embarrassing social encounters on zolpidem than I would on alcohol.

It used to make me feel so embarrassed after the fact for some reason like what it had me saying to other people and it always had me wanting to find people not be alone on it and go to sleep but I'm a fuggin' reckless drug addict who stole it from my parents to get high on.

Last edited:
Take it on an empty stomach and go IMMEDIATELY to bed before the Ambien Walrus rears his ugly head. Google ambien walrus for more info.

For me back in the ''ghost of the pasts'', ambien wasn't a cure to anything if I think twice, it was actually more like grenades in orange because it made my dick itchy for like 2 days, ahaha.

I used Ambien nightly for two years and loved it. I eventually tried a few other meds for sleep at my psychiatrist suggestion and settled into a prescribed diazepam habit for about 6 years as a replacement.

I remember I used to pop my Ambien at night, smoke some "Trainwreck" which was something similar to spice but stronger, and laugh my ass off falling asleep watching Benny Hill every night.

I really wish I had some Ambien.

Never had hallucinations from it but I needed to be ready to nod out when I'd take Ambien. I actually fell asleep on numerous occasions standing up and hurt myself way too many times.

I think I'm going to start a cooking show on YouTube where I'm making crazy recipes while out of my mind on ambien.

What is it about drugs like ambien and benzos that leads one into the kitchen at 3am to see how many kinds of things you can put in a deep fryer.

but these are myths, i know ppl even sniff this shit but from my lifewalk i can tell you some else, maybe here on bl for them is some sort of milky way

Just take Magnesium and Taurine instead. They bind to the same receptors as Benzodiazepines, without causing long term damage in the process.

Just take Magnesium and Taurine instead. They bind to the same receptors as Benzodiazepines, without causing long term damage in the process.
Do you have any references for that? I've heard of magnesium being a very weak nmda receptor antagonist, but not that it binds to the GABA A positive allosteric modulator site.

but these are myths, i know ppl even sniff this shit but from my lifewalk i can tell you some else, maybe here on bl for them is some sort of milky way

I actually used to snort everything. Colour me guilty as charged.

Do you have any references for that? I've heard of magnesium being a very weak nmda receptor antagonist, but not that it binds to the GABA A positive allosteric modulator site.
It's anything but weak. Diets low in Magnesium are linked to a multitude of mental health implications (likely as a result of too much Glutamate activity on the NMDA receptor sites).

Antagonising NMDA receptors is a far safer and logical solution for regulating neural activity and reducing anxiety/insomnia than agonising receptor subunits on the GABA-A receptors, which can only ever lead to down regulation and worsening anxiety/insomnia further down the line.

Anxiety and insomnia are triggered by excess glutamate activity, not a lack of GABA activity. Artificially enhancing GABAs effects on the Benzodiazepine receptor sites only serves to mask the issue without ever addressing it which is why the anxiety and insomnia will always rebound after tolerance is reached to the GABA enhancing effects of Benzodiazepines, as the excess NMDA receptor activation issue still hasn't been addressed.

Antagonism of excitatory receptors should take priority over agonism of inhibitory receptors when it comes to addressing these issues.