• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

AMBIEN QUESTION

Hey it's just me there gave me something called ZYPREXA
frown.gif
I was VERY upset...Anybody know anything baout this ?? I guess I'll try one and see what it does the little booklet says it's a "psychotropic agent that belongs to the thienobenodiazepine class" Am I gonna have any fun at all ??
------------------
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who could not hear the music"

frown.gif
I was VERY upset...Anybody know anything baout this ?? I guess I'll try one and see what it does the little booklet says it's a "psychotropic agent that belongs to the thienobenodiazepine class" Am I gonna have any fun at all ??
------------------
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who could not hear the music"

frown.gif
------------------

tell your doctor to go fuck him/herself and get a new doctor.
its used for schitzophrenia and bipolar mania...
http://www.zyprexa.com/hcp/hcp_about.html
in effect your doctor is:
1) telling you you are manic depressive or bipolar and the reason you cant sleep is because you are suffering from mania
2) he/she is getting kickbacks from lilly and he/she is prescribing this to you to see how it affects you ( happens all the time - this is why prozac was prescribed for everything when it first came out)
this drug was only approved 3/2000 - i personally would not take it for ANY reason.
tell the doctor you cant sleep because you have been stressed (and its thrown off your sleep schedual) -OR- just mailorder some ambien.
did the doctor tell you he/she thought you were manic-depressive (bipolar)???
if it were me - i would get as far away from that doctor as possible.

Actually Kewl, Zyprexa as well as many other "anti-psychotics" such as Risperadol and tricyclics such as Amitriptyline are prescribed for hundreds of thousands of people in low doses for insomnia, because they have a noticeable tranquilizing effect for most people. It has NOTHING to do with suspected bipolar at all.
XtCgU-etc., what this doctor is probably trying to do is divert you from easily abusable drugs (like benzodiazepines) while simultaneously trying to treat your "insomnia". It's a low risk practice for him, as your insurance pays for the drugs, and you pay him for the visits, and he doesn't absorb any risk by giving a probable drug abuser abusable drugs. This is an extremeley common practice among HIGH-RISK patients such as yourself, and every time you come back for more drugs you're going to get more non-abusable drugs.
Basically, your doctor thinks you're a sketchball, and you might have to drag him through mounds of elephant shit by his testicles before he'll prescribe something like a benzodiazepine.
Try again.

Hey everybody
smile.gif
I wanted to let you all know that I called my dr this morning and told him that the Zyprexa made me throw up
smile.gif
He totally belived me..10 mins later without even having to go down there he told me he would call me in a script for AMBIEN...Of course I played dumb and hid how extremly happy I was...I get 30 @ 10mg..(this summer I was taking 5's) plus one refill he said he'd see me in a month to find out how it's working and then he will give me more refills
smile.gif
smile.gif
The good hitng is I work 11p-7a..so I'll only take it on my nights off (two a week)..Anyways thank you all so much for all the info and advice..Also I do have bi-polar disorder and that's why he prescribed the anti psychotics first..but hehehehehehehe I got my Ambien
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------

I have to say that ambien is my drug of choice for dozens of reasons that I wouln't get into right now. But I want to plead with everyone who reads this, don't make ambien into the next ritalin. (not that I ever used ritalin) I dont want to turn on dateline and see a story about the next drug craze: ambien. once people see that, millions of people who've never seen ambien will be all for destroying it, and then the people who enjoy ambien are at a loss. and the people who need it to sleep are really screwed. So think twice before you start telling all of your friends / classmates / coworkers about abusing ambien.

Um? Are you high? What are you talking about "the next Ritalin" ... did you mean to compare it to a drug that is widely abused, such as OxyContin, or are you making a refrence to a drug thats over-prescribed like Ritalin... and why the hell did you dig up a post from February?
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'" (William S. Burroughs)

I didn't think benzo withdrawal could kill, only alcohol and barbiturates. Am I right or is one of the earlier posters right?
------------------
The world can get pretty fucked up sometimes, so why can't I?

It can be fatal, but that is in VERY extreme cases... I highly doubt anyone here is using enough that withdrawal would kill them...
------------------
"I am not one of those weak-spirited, sappy Americans who want to be liked by all the people around them. I don't care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is: 'What are they in a position to do about it?'" (William S. Burroughs)