• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ambien problem (if you wanna call it that)

Tl;dr I would strongly suggest tripping w/o the LSD before trying it w/ LSD. Take Amb./ZOL on a day off, early into the evening, and, rather than sitting down (recipe for sleep), take a walk while you're coming up. If you can, grab a sober sitter- that way, you can stay outside for the duration of the experience, which is bizarre and interesting and allows you to fill in the MASSIVE (and inevitable) memory holes.
Good luck!
I just realized how my last post sounded. I meant some kid traded me 1 tab high dose acid for every 1 ambien and 1 klonopin I had spares of. Ended up getting 9 tabs off him. But I'm afraid of trying the acid until I have at least one good ambien trip so I know how hallucinations feel before I take something that makes it last 10 hours. I wouldn't take it together though (yet). I feel like acid would give me panic attacks but with ambien being a sedative I think it would make for a better first hallucinogenic experience.

I'll try taking it during the day though next time and see if that works. I'm guessing during work in a pharmacy is a very bad place to attemp it though right? Like, would the people around me know what's going on or is it possible to hide that you're on Ambien?

And I was thinking yesterday about adding a tiny bit of DXM to the mix to maybe potentiate the ambien and keep me awake but the pharmacist refuses to sell it to me cause it's apparently dangerous to take with adderall so she wouldn't show me where to find it.

I wouldn't WANT to experience these effects. My friend was a arrested on Ambien and had apparently ran his car into several mail boxes and someone's garage. Woke up in jail and had to try to piece the day/night together with help from officers, etc. Lol

Just be careful and recognize where your sweet spot is for sleeping alone IMO.

Yea my aunt took ambien and then decided to go for a drive and she hit an 18 wheeler and she also woke up in jail. Why are you wanting to trip so hard on ambien? I mean it's kinda fun but def not worth stressing yourself out over it. Just do some acid or shrooms

I wouldn't WANT to experience these effects. My friend was a arrested on Ambien and had apparently ran his car into several mail boxes and someone's garage. Woke up in jail and had to try to piece the day/night together with help from officers, etc. Lol

Just be careful and recognize where your sweet spot is for sleeping alone IMO.

Yea my aunt took ambien and then decided to go for a drive and she hit an 18 wheeler and she also woke up in jail. Why are you wanting to trip so hard on ambien? I mean it's kinda fun but def not worth stressing yourself out over it. Just do some acid or shrooms

Not sure, just seems like fun. I want to try a short acting anxiolytic trip before getting into the introspective stuff. Hopefully I'm not sleep driving although apparently it wouldn't be the first time (drivers ed teacher almost failed me cause she falsely believed I fell asleep at a stop sign).

But i have an odd desire to pretty much recreate a real life experience of the movie "the hangover" and nobody will sell me rohypnol.

And my friends all manage to trip off ambien but it isn't working for me.

Now that's closer to what I experienced when on Ambien. I used to stay up late every night and would take the Ambien at like 10:30 - 11:00 or so and still be awake at 1:00 or so. I always found that if I took it and could lay down pronto, it'd put me asleep. However, if I could power through the first hour after taking it, it was "game on". I use to regularly just nod out while eating cereal at night or taking a leak and falling backwards into a shower. I'd usually come to just before I'd hit the ground but damn, some of those falls were really brutal. I actually asked to get off it. As my wife will attest, I was tearing the house to pieces. Never got anywhere nearing tripping though. Be safe!

I have an Ambien prescription and I binge it like heck. It's usually gone within three days of picking it up. I've had it quite often as a child too, back when my mother had it for her insomnia and my sleeping issues were undiagnosed... And no, I didn't steal it. She gave it to me out of desperation because I was really a problem with my insomnia. So let's just say I have a very long history with it.

I've taken 5mg, 10mg, and anything past that ranging to 60mg at once. Taking more during the day before it has even worn off isn't exactly uncommon for me, either. And I will tell you right now that no dose has ever just straight up put me to sleep like you're describing. Maybe you're sensitive to it? If that's the case, then you're going to need to take it when you're not already tired (ie during the middle of the day, or in the morning if you feel very awake at the time). Dissolving the pills, swallowing them, it's not going to make a difference in its "trippiness" or anything like that. The only thing that matters is that, if you do swallow the pills, you do it on an empty stomach. ... of course, you're probably just going to fall asleep since maybe this drug is not one that you specifically can get recreational value out of. Also, do NOT take it with alcohol. This CAN kill you. It's a fact that people have literally died from this. It's not just "oh they look dead lol." People die from that. Besides, if you're wanting to stay awake to enjoy Ambien, well, you're not likely to be able to do that if you mix those. You also probably won't feel much of anything if you take it any sooner than 24 hours from your last dose.

But anyway, reading your posts... I think you need to go to a different drug. The Ambien "trip" is nothing like your psychedelic trips. There's no introspection. No feeling of being one with the universe. No potential for "dying" or "discovering the truth of the universe." It is just not like that. The ONLY thing similar is that you MIGHT get hallucinations. Personally, I only got hallucinations as a child. And I'm reminding you here that these days I blow through 300mg of this stuff every month in 3 days. You are not necessarily ever going to get hallucinations, and they seriously are not that exciting because despite how stupid you are on Ambien and how real the hallucinations look, you will know beyond doubt that they are hallucinations.

... and for the record, yes, taking it at work is a stupid idea. You will make mistakes on Ambien (any dose!) and you'll have no idea you made them until it wears off and reality comes back to slap you in the face and fire you from your pharmacy job. If you absolutely insist on trying to get hallucinations out of it, do it on a day off. And come to think of it, I've only ever had hallucinations on it when it was dark. So lock yourself in the closet with only a very small light source to let your eyes and mind play tricks on you. This is not a powerful hallucinogen in any way. Okay? It is NOT the hallucinations that make people abuse Ambien.

Now that's closer to what I experienced when on Ambien. I used to stay up late every night and would take the Ambien at like 10:30 - 11:00 or so and still be awake at 1:00 or so. I always found that if I took it and could lay down pronto, it'd put me asleep. However, if I could power through the first hour after taking it, it was "game on". I use to regularly just nod out while eating cereal at night or taking a leak and falling backwards into a shower. I'd usually come to just before I'd hit the ground but damn, some of those falls were really brutal. I actually asked to get off it. As my wife will attest, I was tearing the house to pieces. Never got anywhere nearing tripping though. Be safe!
That's exactly how I am too. And I also almost fell backwards into the tub during the same situation. Also fell asleep while brushing my teeth standing up.

I have an Ambien prescription and I binge it like heck. It's usually gone within three days of picking it up. I've had it quite often as a child too, back when my mother had it for her insomnia and my sleeping issues were undiagnosed... And no, I didn't steal it. She gave it to me out of desperation because I was really a problem with my insomnia. So let's just say I have a very long history with it.

I've taken 5mg, 10mg, and anything past that ranging to 60mg at once. Taking more during the day before it has even worn off isn't exactly uncommon for me, either. And I will tell you right now that no dose has ever just straight up put me to sleep like you're describing. Maybe you're sensitive to it? If that's the case, then you're going to need to take it when you're not already tired (ie during the middle of the day, or in the morning if you feel very awake at the time). Dissolving the pills, swallowing them, it's not going to make a difference in its "trippiness" or anything like that. The only thing that matters is that, if you do swallow the pills, you do it on an empty stomach. ... of course, you're probably just going to fall asleep since maybe this drug is not one that you specifically can get recreational value out of. Also, do NOT take it with alcohol. This CAN kill you. It's a fact that people have literally died from this. It's not just "oh they look dead lol." People die from that. Besides, if you're wanting to stay awake to enjoy Ambien, well, you're not likely to be able to do that if you mix those. You also probably won't feel much of anything if you take it any sooner than 24 hours from your last dose.

But anyway, reading your posts... I think you need to go to a different drug. The Ambien "trip" is nothing like your psychedelic trips. There's no introspection. No feeling of being one with the universe. No potential for "dying" or "discovering the truth of the universe." It is just not like that. The ONLY thing similar is that you MIGHT get hallucinations. Personally, I only got hallucinations as a child. And I'm reminding you here that these days I blow through 300mg of this stuff every month in 3 days. You are not necessarily ever going to get hallucinations, and they seriously are not that exciting because despite how stupid you are on Ambien and how real the hallucinations look, you will know beyond doubt that they are hallucinations.

... and for the record, yes, taking it at work is a stupid idea. You will make mistakes on Ambien (any dose!) and you'll have no idea you made them until it wears off and reality comes back to slap you in the face and fire you from your pharmacy job. If you absolutely insist on trying to get hallucinations out of it, do it on a day off. And come to think of it, I've only ever had hallucinations on it when it was dark. So lock yourself in the closet with only a very small light source to let your eyes and mind play tricks on you. This is not a powerful hallucinogen in any way. Okay? It is NOT the hallucinations that make people abuse Ambien.

I'm very sensitive to all drugs actually. Even weed gives me panic attacks if I smoke it out of a bong. No doubt about that. And I don't like the thought of overdosing on stuff either so more than 20mg at a time of ambien would never be a possibility for me.

And I've always taken it on an empty stomach.

But I don't want any of that from my psychedelics. That's the part I'm afraid of. I just want to see stuff moving and cool patterns, no mental stuff at all.

Thank you for all the tips though. Probably would have taken it with alcohol if you didn't say that.

And I'm curious now, if it isn't the hallucinations people abuse it for, what part is it?

People abuse it because of the mindspace it puts them into. I think it's euphoric, but it seems a lot of people have different ideas of what euphoria actually is. I don't know how to really describe most of the nindspace it gets you into... but it does kill your inhibitions pretty much completely and has anti-anxiety effects. Something about it just enhances everything about life, while you're on it. Everything seems great, and everything is so much nore fun. At least, that's how it is for me. I only very rarely hear about people looking to hallucinate on it, and it's usually people who have little to no experience with it.

And you won't see cool patterns on Ambien. You'll just see bizarre thing like dead dogs in the dark corners of your room where you've got random piles of things tossed there, or maybe the shadows of tree branches from outside will look like the strange creatures. It's more like being prone to visually misinterpreting reality than seeing things that are literally not there in any way or form.

EDIT: I also want to add that, particularly since you're sensitive to it, it's very likely that even if you do have these hallucinations you won't remember them the next day. Unfortunately, I'm not experienced with real psychedelics at all, so I can't give you any advice for getting the kind of experience you're looking for. Maybe a lower dose of psilocybin or a lower dose of dextromethorphan could get you what you're looking for? If you could somehow get your hands on Versed/Midazolam, maybe you could get what you want. I remember having to take that as a child for sedation for a spinal tap, and apparently I was telling everyone I could see the doctor's head coming out of the walls. I have no idea what kind of dose that was, though.

Though, if you choose the route of dextromethorphan, be very careful and do a lot of reading. There are a lot of drugs that might just kill you if you take them alongside it (SSRIs and 5-HTP, as an example), and it can be difficult to find straight dextromethorphan since it's often combined with other ingredients which could fuck up your liver or make you vomit horribly for hours. Plus, people who do dextromethorphan tend to recommend completely absurd doses even for people who aren't sensitive. Fuck, I'm not sensitive to anything and I took 90 mg of pure dextromethorphan once, which many druggies will tell you you won't feel ANYTHING on... I was having some pretty hefty visual disturbances whenever I moved my head at all, and generally felt like the world wasn't even real. Had to close my eyes to get to the bathroom. I was probably just one step away from having visual hallucinations without having any of the trippy introspection nonsense.

Whatever you chose to do, be careful. You also might want to ask the folks in the Psychedelics section of the forum. They know more about these things and might know of something that could give you the effect you're seeking.

Last edited:
That's exactly how I am too. And I also almost fell backwards into the tub during the same situation. Also fell asleep while brushing my teeth standing up.

I suppose it's nice to know I'm not the only one doing that stupid Ambien shit!

@BeachBum4u

Hello!

You are not alone. I have been prescribed from a USA Psychiatrist, since, USA brand name "Ambien 10mg" since, January of 2000, when, it was
manufactured by patent holder, G.D. Searle & Co (PeaPack, New Jersey) of the C-IV Zolpidem Tartrate, with a continuous supply, every month,
with either a prescription of 30 tabs, with 1 refill, and a office visit every other month, until, December of 2010. Sometime, around the years
2002/2003, Sanofi-Aventis, either merged with Searle, and/or bought the patent rights, in the USA to mfg USA Zolpidem 10mg, as "Ambien, as
Stilnox, in other countries.

It never places me directly to sleep, but it does relax me, for about 2 hours, I have took to non stop for ten years, after May of 2007, I switched to
the USA generics to save money. I currently take Torrent 10mg of Zolpidem Tartrate, I rate a B+, or, a 8 on a 1 to 10 scale.

Just a note, after about two years of use, I would wake up in the middle of the night, thus,my evening dose taken at 10PM, had worn off by midnight
but, I learned quickly, a 2nd dose, if I were still awake at midnight was wasting my pills. Thus, on my bodyclock, if I waited, or re-qwakened at around
5AM, I would re-dose, and, the USA Zolpidem worked for another 2 hours........alarm clock and wake up time was 7AM anyways.

My M.D would not raise my prescription intake, so after two years of use, since early 2002, I have relied on a variety of IOP's as my back up supplies, of
Zolpidem Tartrate. My current IOP, sends me 90 10 mg at a time, "from across the pond" by a mfg, Zentiva, who market "Ivedal" that I rate a solid
"10" and Zentiva, is a subsidiary of Sanofi !!! My USA prescriptions I still get from the same M.D I get filled @Rite Aid for the generic form of USA
Ambien, mfg is Torrent, I rate, a 7.5, but it is cheap, and, on my Insurance Formulary, so the generic costs me the price of one Starbuck's Grande Latte
with a shot of Vanilla !!

40mg ambien, 10mg snorted Adderall IR, 1/10 gram 100% pure cocaine, and 1oz high proof rum later and still absolutely nothing.

This is PISSING me off.

Trying to decide whether to add more Ambien or some DXM

Edit: 50mg now. Feeling heavy but nothin cool.

Bet Belviq would make this awesome but sadly I have none and probably never will.

Last edited:
@TheSacredTree,
Hey my friend, I would be most cautious, if I were in your shoes, from what I read you just printed on post #35. I am a old school poly substance abuser.

1. I have taken USA branded Adderall 10 mg Instant Release from 1997 until the year 2014. 100 per cent of that era. DX ADD Inattentive Type, + a few more
diagnosis DSM-IV categories. From my experience, the Richwood Adderall the original brand Adderall from 1992 to around 2002, and later ShjireUS Adderall, and
later, briefly Barr Labs Branded Adderall until 2009 Teva Adderall, I switched over to generic, to save money. Every I/R Adderall I took had a waxy matrix, built into
the formula, that, clogged up my nose. I have not taken every version of Adderall instant release on over those years, as there were 1/2 dozen companies, that once
mfg generic Adderall. (mixed amphetamine salts) I have taken it the intranasal way, because I was a Cocaine addict in the 1980's, via intranasal and later by I.V use.

There are some stimulants instant release that do not have a waxy matrix, which I take now, a C-II but I choose not to disclose the mfg of this generic C-II USA stimulant
that could be snorted, if need be.

IMHO, the Adderall's and generics I used for 15+ years, I realized I was wasting the drug, on top of a semi clogged up nose, including the now discontinued, famous SKF
E-19 Orange heart Dexedrine 5mg ones.

My concern for you, is taken even 1/10 of a gram of very pure Cocaine, inhaling it, is a world apart from the widely available heavily stepped on Cocaine, that is in general sold
in grams on the street in powered form. I have had access to 20 grams of 90% pure cocaine and it is dangerous to mix anything with that level of purity IMHO.

Be careful, I have never mixed pharmaceutical USA C-II amphetamines, like swallowing a pill, then snorting high purity Cocaine....................................

At least try to have another adult with you at all times if you continue to mix multiple meds, at the same time. I was that way once, and I lost 10 years of my life.

Best wishes to you.

TST:

I took low & high doses of ambien for over a decade with nothing extraordinary to speak of and I had to climb the highest mountain in the contiguous US to get the crazy experience I did. Other wise it's just like a lot of the other posts said. Falling in the middle of pissing, standing on your neighbor's lawn mumbling to yourself, etc. You might want to try smoking a little Salvia Divinorum to get a quick taste of the true hallucinogens. It's NOT anxiolytic, nor as friendly as most others, but you will definitely see some shit and your mind won't know quite how to process it but you will snap back to reality quickly and you can decide from there if you want to go further down the rabbit hole. If you can handle Salvia, you probably will be ok to try a conservative dose of your lsd. Mixing uppers with Ambien is not going to deliver you to the "magic place".

Sorry if I led you to believe that a good ambien trip was easy. Good Luck

Last edited: