• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Ambien differences

Charly45

Greenlighter
I'm new to posting so I'm hoping I'm in the correct forum. My question is about different brands of Ambien. The one I have is little to no euphoria whereas the one I was taking was great. Have they changed formulas to a "pro drug" format?

To add to this the more euphoric tab was a light rust colored tab. The ones I have now are a white oblong tab. The only change was the color.

Don't know because I 've never tried Ambien, but maybe it could be that you got a generic form of Zolpidem instead of the original.

Some people complain about the generic but I've noticed no difference. I also get the white oblong 10 mg tablets.

If you're scripted zolpidem tartrate then that's what it is, zolpidem IR. To the best of my knowledge there is no "pro drug" formulation. The only other formulation I've aware of is Ambien CR, for which there is no generic

Did some digging via the pharmacy's websites I've used due to my not having any pills to check names of and found out that the "light rust colored" pills are actually the generic versions. Who'd of thought that my euphoria came from a generic formula versus the whit oblongs being the real deal. Anyway they're both 10 milligrams, Red Moon. I have to tell you guys, I've got copious amounts of both hydro's and oxy,s month to month but my fav is the Ambien. It's just that these damn whites are far less exciting than the rust (or peach color) generic version.

No I get that, I enjoy zolpidem as well. It's kind of a weird drug but it's strangely enjoyable imo

I've noticed slight differences between any of the larger round generic vs oblong. The latter being a little more powerful.

Yeah Burnt, my fav type of afternoon/night is an oxy/Ambien with a higher fat meal (for greater assimilation and effectiveness) along with a Moutain Dew to ramp up an offsetting effect with caffeine jolt.....little Kodiak(dip) and you've got yourself a great night. Well. That's if you've got the peach oblong but it sounds like I'm just nuts though with that theory per you all. Thanks for you all response.

The differences are fillers in pills. I was on ambien till recently, 10mg is 10mg. Small pill should hit quicker then large, but may be in my head. Another thing is how quick they melt. Some melt quicker also.

When you were taking Ambien did you happen to have used the peach colored"generics" vs the white "brand" versions? Both were oblong in shape. Color was only difference. Just curious, Speed.

possibly. mostly white. it is hard to say. between them all, i dont think there was much of a difference.

I never got the brand name, I always got the generic. It was oblong with a score in the middle and it was white. I never had any problem with it other than the obvious (walked around doing shit I wouldn't remember in the morning).

Well since you mention euphoria, I'm assuming that you use Ambien recreationally? It is insanely unique in high dosages thats's unlike anything that exists..In my much tounger years, I would take dosages in the triple digits. I was prescribed the 12.5mg CR formula becuase that was the most effective for putting me to sleep and KEEPING me asleep.. My previous issues with the Insant Release is that I would fall asleep, wake up in 2-3 hours, and then could never get past another latent period to reach more sleep...I took 12.5mg CR daily for almost 2 years and it lost its effect for potentiating rest after a month...I quit cold turkey, went through some terrible rebound insomnia and have been Ambien clear for over a year.... I'll never forget the high dose trips and their complete entrance into a new existence.. Oddest drug ever... Has dissociative qualities to me.

Yeah, Enlightened. Def recreational but a dual use as well with insomnia. I'm with you though as far as insomnia goes with it, as I only get that 2 to 4 hour kick from it however I'm not taking them going straight to bed either lol. I've not tried attempted tripled digits though. I use it on an empty stomach and found good results. A few times I'll taken one and a half and go total and complete dissociative. Really enjoyed those times but count on those nights being the quickest sleep times. Waking up early hasn't been too much of a problem nor has withdrawal as I've found, with me anyways, eating a banana and drinking milk along with it has quelled any rising blood pressure by offsetting it's negative kickbacks. My guess is that the calcium/magnesium duo from the two food and drink items help calm nerves.