• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Ambien at the peak of LSD?

CrypticArc

Bluelighter
Has anyone tried this combination? What were the effects like? I have only one ambien and I wanna get the most bang for my buck. Would I remember any of it by the next day? Weirdly enough, I have better memory during ambien trips than during acid trips. If any trip reports come to mind I'd love to read them.

Last edited:
I've had trouble locating trip reports of the two intentionally stacked myself, but would love to hear yours if you try it. My main warning would probably be of disinhibition, but if you have experience with it alone and you only have one I imagine it may not be a huge deal.... I do have a friend who has taken it with mushrooms and claimed that the visuals became far more concrete and like a mixture of psychedelia and delirium, and I don't believe he was too out of it still, but he retains control on most things easily. Just again though because of all the actually true ridiculous sleepwalking stories and things related to zolpidem I would definitely take some precaution.... Who knows what it could do when mixed with a really deep psychedelic trip!

Thanks for the reply Kaleida, if it's not too much trouble can you ask your friend how his memory was during the trip, and if he saw any major potential for things going bad? I have plenty of time to wait. I need a break from psychs for a while, been dosing every 1-3 weeks for the past 6+ months.

I know this is an old post, but I actually find this combo quite enjoyable!

Definitely different from LSD alone, but if you're one of those folks for whom zolpidem doesn't produce confusion, disorientation, and amnesia at reasonable doses, the combo is pleasant and fun. I find that it reduces potential anxiety of LSD experiences, makes them more 'casual' and silly, but doesn't dull the effect so terribly. In fact, zolpidem is one of the nicer 'chill' combos with L that I've tried (GHB and gabapentin are also nice; opioids were sublime in concert with L but I haven't used them for years).

For me zolpidem feels like trippy benzos, but is far less dulling of psychedelic effects, and I don't find it to produce amnesia until about 30+ mg. For others, zolp. creates weird delirious hallucinations and lots of memory loss, in which case the combo (or zolp. alone) might not be so fun.