• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Ambien (50mg) - Experienced - Woah.

I'm sorry for all you folks who can't trip even off a ton of the stuff. I can take ten milligrams and I will be severely fuckered, and I hallucinate wildly. I don't get much mentally, which is why I consider Ambien much more recreational per se than shrooms or LSD. Ambien has always seemed really friendly to me, I can't imagine having a bad experience with it unless I had to, say, talk to a parent. I snort it occasionally, and I find the onset much faster, but the effects only marginally more intense. I may plug it next time for fun to see if I hallucinate even more wildly.

My hallucinations, just for the record, are not full-fledged deleriant visuals. The ground ripples, there appears to be gelatinous goo on textured surfaces, I see shapes in my peripheral vision, but I don't talk to people who arent there or anything that silly.

I do however talk to random inanimate objects. I had an involved conversation with my bathroom tile once after snorting a line off my toilet cover (burn is intense, drip tastes like shit, but I love snorting anything). The tile was upset, so I told it I would help it and not to worry. I have also helped what I refer to as the psychadelic mice when I was on ambien. They are black fuzzy shapes that I saw in my yard one night. They were being chased by a bigger black shape that I called the panther, and I scared the panther away. I find this idea of helping inanimate or imaginary objects is rather prevalent on Ambien.

I clearly like this shit too much, since I just went on about it for way too long, but honestly, I love Ambien now and again and I can say that I find it not necesarily euphoric like pot or opiates, but definitely very fun, and I recommend it to everyone (this means you Mean Girl).

EDIT: It is useful to keep in mind that I'm a lightweight for EVERYTHING. .2 grams of weed and I'm high, .4 and i'm blown beyond belief, tipsy as hell off a glass of wine, 20mg hydrocodone and nodding sort of lightweight. This could explain why I get such intense effects from Ambien, as I realize many people do not get the same ridiculous trip I get off it, or even anything at all.

i get serious auditory hallucinations with ambien and i feel very "drunk" . btw i'm on 20mg ambien and 5mg valium right now (i really have to get to sleep before 4:00 tonight, i've been up for more than 26 hours already). the most ambien i've ever taken was 40mg in combination with 10mg valium and 1 vicodin, on that memorable occasion i had a vision of flying up through the clouds against a golden sky to meet the gods of the earth. freaky stuff

Ambien is the best drug I've tried for sleep. Trazadone came close but that stuff @ around 100mg practically put me in a coma for 12 hours. Ambien puts me to sleep quick, comfortably, and I don't feel it the next day when I wake up except for the weird aftertaste.

I've taken up to 20mg Ambien and stayed up for over an hour but never got any visuals. I was kind of dissapointed because I get visuals off all kinds of drugs easier than most people.

Anyway, I really want a legit prescription for this stuff because it's the best thing I've ever taken for my insomnia. Hopefully my Doc will agree.

many people seem to think that ambien is an anticholinergic, in actuality it affects alpha(1)-GABA(A) receptors.

I've found that ambien gives me the munchies. The problem with this is that after taking the ambien, if I eat anything within 2 hours or so following this, I will spontaneuosly (sic) projectile vomit. I've done this on the coffee table, the kitchen, the bathroom, on the walls... You'd think that I would learn, but after I take the ambien, I forget that I get sick when I eat. A couple of things to note... According to RXing info, cimetadine doubles the levels of sonata in the body. This may be applicable to others as well. Also, Lunesta, a new sleeping med, is very close to the same drug as imovane. Just a single isomer.

Oh, my friend refers to taking ambien as "taking a trip on the zolpidem hiway".

My mom gave me 2 10mgs of Ambien to help me fall asleep the day after my E comedown. Had no clue what was going on, just walking through the 1st floor confused, went to GF's house, hallucinated, talked to imaginary people. Her mom calls mine and is like "WTF?"

kaoskid said:
i get serious auditory hallucinations with ambien and i feel very "drunk" . btw i'm on 20mg ambien and 5mg valium right now (i really have to get to sleep before 4:00 tonight, i've been up for more than 26 hours already). the most ambien i've ever taken was 40mg in combination with 10mg valium and 1 vicodin, on that memorable occasion i had a vision of flying up through the clouds against a golden sky to meet the gods of the earth. freaky stuff
Hahahaa...Aw man I miss those aural effects so much....yeah all of this pretty much stops occuring after a while. You feel messed up and you see that you're in that 'alternate state' but no more aural hallucinations, no more '3d effect', no more buzz, just melting/distortion.....

kaoskid said:
many people seem to think that ambien is an anticholinergic, in actuality it affects alpha(1)-GABA(A) receptors.
More specifically the bz1 (omega 1) receptor, a benzo subtype sure, but that's why ambien is considered non-benzo.

Btw, would some care to explain how the amnesia effects from ambien come about? Is it just the benzo inhibitory action?

Very good trip report....i had a very simliar experience...the blue red and green lights were awesome :)....i love ambien because it varies each time you do it..my most memorable experience was tripping in the car a the lights that changed underneath the carseat

somekindagenius said:
What is the schedule of ambien in australia ?

ambien is better known as stilnox in australia, and it's most certainly prescription only (also labelled under the name myslee in japan).