• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ambien 10mg ir effects of snorting it.

STRYKA

Greenlighter
Hey, I had thought about making a small line of ambien to take a hit and see how

Hey, I had thought about making a small line of ambien to take a hit and see how
I don’t know but I took 4 one time and now I got fuck you tattoed on my arm that I did with a needle and thankfully no toxic pen ink I blame trump though

Haha. You'd be cooler than Takashi. I know this is sorta silly question tho because ambien is notorious for black outs. I drove in my car got ice cream and filled my gas tank and the only thing I remember is waking up with melted ice cream. Scared the crap out of me.

Yeah you can definitely do that...I used to do this on occasion, break a 10 mg tablet into two pieces, take half the tablet orally and crush the other half into a line to inhale. The onset of effects would usually take place in 3-5 minutes, whereas if you consume it as medically directed it usually takes 10-15 minutes, IME.

I don't do that anymore though...they changed the formulation of the pills, for one...it used to be that they seemingly were simply compacted zolpidem powder, and all you had to do was throw a tablet on a hard surface, crush and have a toot...but recently the tablets have an outer coating surrounding them that you have to peel off, which is time consuming and just not worth it. Plus it's not good for your body to inhale zolpidem, it's just inviting trouble for your sinuses etc. There's also the issue of zolpidem being "more-ish" and abusable for some people, and the accompanying risk of blacking out and doing moronic stuff, although I've never experienced this personally...I've never taken more than 15 mgs of zolpidem at any one time, and 99% of the time I take it it's been in the therapeutic range of 5-10 mgs.

Z-Drugs are a lot like Benzodiazepines with a few noted differences. Mostly, it's the fact that Benzodiazepines can be used during the day and although they are sedating, they don't produce hypnosis at the same level of these Z-Drugs. We have all heard the stories about trying to stay awake on Zolpidem (Ambien, Stillnox). It can involve hallucinations and completely blacking out and doing something stupid. Blackouts themselves are dangerous, as we tend to make absolutely terrible decisions when blacked out. Steal a car? Punch a police officer? Get in your car for a little spin and end up crashing into an SUV holding a family of 5, killing them all instantly.

I'm not just trying to be melodramatic here, blackouts are a lot more serious than what people make them out to be. It's more than just memory loss. You often end up with an "anything goes" attitude during a blackout. It can be fun, but as I've said, it could also be catasrophic.

Zolpidem will make you tired, sedate you and if you stay awake, from what I've heard there can be both open and closed eye visuals. The drug doesn't last long and its honestly not that great in my opinion. I think these Z-drugs are just good for sleep.

What incentive is there in using these hypnotics for anything other than intended? The pros/cons ratio isn't even close by most accounts. Is there any kind of mood elevation or euphoria to be had?
Not that you'd even remember much, if any, of it. Blacking out is scary shit. Little chunks of your entire perceived existance are just gone.
So when you wake up (come to?) with 40 new fb notifications and 30 missed calls, you still won't remember and then you're just fucked. 🤔

I found it quite enjoyable @tweakerguy . There was a strong and sudden euphoria when it kicks in and a very novel feeling of intrigue and enjoyment, like exploring down the rabbit hole for the first time. In short I found it to be very enjoyable but unfortunately difficult to remember exactly why afterwards. I never had difficulties with my behavior while using, no embarrassing moments or bad decisions like driving. So for me the reward/risk ratio was good. Obviously it's not like this for everyone.

I haven't had any zolpidem or any other z drug now In over 20 years. Wouldn't mind taking another trip into that bizarre realm.

I found it quite enjoyable @tweakerguy . There was a strong and sudden euphoria when it kicks in and a very novel feeling of intrigue and enjoyment, like exploring down the rabbit hole for the first time. In short I found it to be very enjoyable but unfortunately difficult to remember exactly why afterwards. I never had difficulties with my behavior while using, no embarrassing moments or bad decisions like driving. So for me the reward/risk ratio was good. Obviously it's not like this for everyone.

I haven't had any zolpidem or any other z drug now In over 20 years. Wouldn't mind taking another trip into that bizarre realm.

I agree...IMHO zolpidem is an underrated drug. A lot of people don't find it enjoyable, or experience problems with it...you can find endless reviews online to this effect from sleep medicine patients...but I've never had any problems with it and actually find it to have a nice psychoactive effect...usually GABAergic drugs make me feel depressed and melancholy but zolpidem makes me feel relaxed while pleasantly "off", if that makes sense...

Whatever you do just try to go to bed and stay there. Zolpidem doesn't only act on GABA-A receptor like benzodiazepines, it is also a strong delirium inducing drug and has lot's of properties that we still do not understand. I have already posted this links of Hamilton Morris but I will do it again. Zolpidem can be very potent in regular doses (5-20mg) but the danger of zolpidem induced delirium or sleep walking, sex, driving(whatever you can imagine cause it is one odd drug) rises as the dose is increased. There are all known risks of hypnotic benzos plus additional risks of delirium and/or sleep anything. I have been fine almost every time when I took zolpidem but those few times when I found my boots in the refrigerator or food mixed with toothpicks scare me a bit every time that I use it for sleep. Insuflated or swallowed take care and try to be safe. Now the links.

Hamilton's Pharmacopeia - Ambien/zolpidem

Hamilton Morris on JRE about Ambien/zolpidem