View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ethnobotanicals Amanita Muscaria questions need help please

WasteLand Warrior

Bluelighter
Hello my fellow bluelighters!!! It's been quite along time since I've posted, and need some help, advice and any useful knowledge. I have a batch of Amanita Muscaria Mushrooms on the way and I was wondering the best way to prepare them for me a great spiritual experience. I've taken shrooms before and I've researched that Amanita Muscaria is totally different. Just trying to research and find out what it's like and the best preparation for it. Sending love, light and positivity to my fellow. Blue Light bros n sistas!!! Much love

I've eaten amanita muscaria twice. Once I had I think 10g dried from a smoke shop and once I ate 2-3 large, fresh yellow amanitas while hiking on the Appalachian trail.

The dried mushrooms were expensive and barely did anything. The fresh mushroom experience was mild but I did notice that it altered my perception. I was laughing a lot while we were playing cards that night and felt a little drunk.

I wouldn't expect a whole lot. It's nothing like tripping.

Oh good gravy, it's been fifteen years. I remember needing to dry them in the oven at a certain temperature (75C?) with a fan on them for a certain amount of time, boil them (pH matters?) for a certain amount of time...

Basically the goal was to decarboxylate the ibotenic acid into muscimol. The science around this is marginal, with some people saying that it can be accomplished by oven drying and others saying that it can barely be accomplished with a strongly acidic solution or use of DMSO. Others recommend roasting over an open fire. I'm sorry for not being helpful—it just sucks that the science isn't really there.

I have a Russian friend that is trying 40C oven drying, cracked with a forced fan right now. I can let you know how it goes if you're feeling patient. They are apparently super on-trend among Russian influencers right now. I've told him what most people experience from A. muscaria. It's not generally well-liked. I had a great experience, but I don't know of anyone else personally who has.

I recommend harvesting a ton. That way you can standardize the dose of your whole batch and eliminate outliers. I recommend storing in the freezer, as the potency falls off a cliff. Russian sources currently say to store for two months at room temp before using, so who knows.

This last link looks promising, but I can't view it right now. It breaks my browser. https://www.amanitadreamer.net/

I actually ordered these from a Russian source online, he said that they have been dehydrated for two and a half days so when I receive them they will already be dried and ready for use supposably. I'm just starting to do research on them and how to use them. So when I get them I will be super cautious my first time using them, I will definitely leave trip reports about it, I won't be receiving them for about a month though

I tried making a tea with some I got from a vendor in the PNW, pre-dried when I got them. I didn't feel anything at all, but my friend puked his brains out (he was also drinking prior though). I never tried again after that, the tea was nasty and the lack of effects disappointing.

I think Erowid and newer Reddit material will be your best sources for information on these mushrooms. Not much discussion of their use here on Bluelight.

I’ve heard the ones on the west coast are nearly inactive but the ones further east are more potently psychedelic. Which is sad cuz theyre so easy to find in the PNW.

-GC

I’ve heard the ones on the west coast are nearly inactive but the ones further east are more potently psychedelic. Which is sad cuz theyre so easy to find in the PNW.

-GC
Interesting. I'm out that way and pick them when in season, dry them, and eat them with minimal psychoactive effects- I mainly use them as a culinary shroom.

The taste is quite bearable compared to other mushrooms. You can just eat them without preparation.

However, the potency obviously varies depending on the source. I ate 35 dry grams and had no psychedelic effects. I was just sedated and felt like sleeping.

Ate little bit today, just to "wake up" my receptors and to calm down because i have benzo withdrawals. I think i'll eat more tomorrow and sunday, at monday i'll take larger dose to trip.

Ate little bit today, just to "wake up" my receptors and to calm down because i have benzo withdrawals. I think i'll eat more tomorrow and sunday, at monday i'll take larger dose to trip.

Interesting.. It works well for that? You seem to be well acquainted with Amanita. You’re making me want to finally give it a go.. They popping around here right now.

-GC

Interesting.. It works well for that? You seem to be well acquainted with Amanita. You’re making me want to finally give it a go.. They popping around here right now.

-GC
For me it helps to calm down when i eat a little bit (1 medium cap). Amanitas helps me sleep also when feeling irritated/anxious. Drink a lots of water with them when eaten dried caps.

For me it helps to calm down when i eat a little bit (1 medium cap). Amanitas helps me sleep also when feeling irritated/anxious. Drink a lots of water with them when eaten dried caps.

Do you pick them yourself or bought online? I know depending on location they can vary greatly in potency.

-GC

I pick them myself. They grow here everywhere now (Finland).

Ah thank you, I was kind of wondering on location. Like here in the US, Amanita found on the east coast is a much better psychoactive than those found on the west coast. Not sure why..

-GC

I'm still meaning to get around to amanitas. I've taken them before but I was on alot of benzos at the time. I have taken many exotic drugs while on large doses of benzos but in many ways it felt like I never truly experienced them. Benzos make you a sort of empty shell of yourself, like a mannequin, so anything you experience while on them is like it never happened. Even drugs that I've taken alot of, like etaqualone (which landed me in the ICU, half dead), I feel like I never really experienced due to benzos I was on.

In any event, amanitas are one such drug. Have always been a fan of zolpidem (which I imagine amanitas have parallel to). Gonna go see if I can find that site that sells the decarbed amanita tincture 🤔

I had amanitas extract years ago and it felt like psychedelic alcohol would be the best way to describe it, much more euphoric than benzos or zolpidem.

I came across the mushrooms in the wild a couple times but for some reason I was afraid of poisoning myself and tossed them.

All the scare about decarboxylating the mushroom to make it safe is bullcrap. There is no need to process it in any way.
Just eat it raw. You can quote me on that. It's by far the best way. There is no convincing evidence to support Amanita muscaria's toxicity raw.

Nausea =/= toxicity
Ibotenic acid causing lesions when directly injected into the brains of rats =/= toxicity when ingested by humans.
It's best raw. Speaking from personal experience.
It also tastes the best!!! Fresh, you don't even have to pick it. Just get down on all fours like the animal you are.

This thread holds great interest to me as i've been thinking a lot about acquiring extract, but harvesting and processing them seems so easy i'll give that a go. Considering i've never been able to trip on serotonergic psychedelics, but do so on salvia, i would like to find out what's the case with muscimol. Amazingly it just works on GABA-A system and as such would easily write it off as sedative and yet it has psychedelic effects. For anyone that never could trip with zolpidem, have you had success with these mushrooms?

All the scare about decarboxylating the mushroom to make it safe is bullcrap. There is no need to process it in any way.
Just eat it raw. You can quote me on that. It's by far the best way. There is no convincing evidence to support Amanita muscaria's toxicity raw.

Nausea =/= toxicity
Ibotenic acid causing lesions when directly injected into the brains of rats =/= toxicity when ingested by humans.
It also tastes the best!!! Fresh, you don't even have to pick it. Just get down on all fours like the animal you are.

I don't know about that. I can recall consuming Amanita that wasn't properly decarboxylated, and that distinct feeling of mind being eaten away afterwards during the trip. Not the metaphorical psychophagia of say deliriants or alcohol, no, rather the sudden and pressing manifestation of void in mind, sudden as in street lights going out in sequences on a highway. Granted, I can't prove that was not a manifestation of suggestion in a tripping person's mind, but my bets are definitely NOT on consuming Amanita raw.

Decarboxylize with an oven, make tea, do the urinary thing indeed. Overcoming heavily ingrained hygienic habits will help you overcoming other habits in your life, additionally.

Or alternatively: oven, tea, add lemon. Nature's safe benzo.

Yes we are animals but please let's be sensible. Urophagia is crazy enough of a biohack, surely.

Nausea =/= toxicity
I have to interject here - ibotenic acid is an analog of glutamate. Glutamate is without a doubt dose dependently neurotoxic. I have overdosed on IBO before and it was extremely unpleasant, much
like coming off of a multi-day booze binge. That sort of excitation is indeed neurotoxic and imo IBO should be avoided if you are sensitive to these things, or in large doses.
Proper technique for decarb is:
aqeuous solution at 2.7ph, simmer at 170F for 3 hr. that is the optimal time/condition for IBO -> MUS conversion.
While i do not think that a little IBO will kill you, i do think that like glutamate over time ingestion will stack and cause damage.
I 100% prefer a fully decarbed product, and order those off the internet.