Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Amanita Muscaria grown in a cup, Holy Grail? wtf please look

thoughtsUnThought

Bluelighter
http://www.ambrosiasociety.org/resurrection.html

There a downloadable pdf file called "the herb of immortality" on this subject as well...
www.ambrosiasociety.org/files/herbof immortality.pdf

I've been reading this the last few days and now I'm ready for some outside input....

The philosophy and speculation of ancient religious use of Amanitas is interesting, but what I'd like some input on is the idea that a "wine" can be made from Muscaria which can spawn new amanita material by leaving it sit....

They claim that the amanita wine produces a fluffy mold which contains muscimol....supposedly (key word) this process can yield an infinite amount of psychedelia... As the molds can be used to inoculate another batch of wine. They also give a technique in which grain is used to grow the culture, living bread I think they call it.

They say that this fluffy mold is the "primal form"of the mushroom.

Supposedly any cup which holds the wine will grow the sacred fuzz (hence why they say its the holy grail), thus the psychedelic effects are accessible even without ever having a Muscaria mushroom. It all starts with one batch of wine which requires a mushroom, and somehow the mycelium grows from it and then you've got a lifetime supply of muscimol.

sounds fishy to say the least lol....however the psychedelic effects of the wine could be easily studied, so I figured it was worth bringing up here.

Have you guys heard of this? ! Is it 1000% BS, or is there any logic behind the actual procedure involving the wine...?

My gut reaction is that this is 100% bullshit...and I get pissed that there are assholes who for what ever asshole reasons enjoy spreading misinformation like this around.

That said, it might be true, but I highly, highly doubt it!

Anyone anyone..?
That book was written in 07 I think, was hoping someone would at least have said old news. I'm fascinated, though doubtful lol

They say you can! Claiming it to be a far superior trip to the straight mushroom....read some of those links, it seems too good to be true, which is why I'm bringing it up here.

Interest piqued, I've been planning in growing amanita with my pine trees ha. This would be cool too though I'll give it a shot when mine arrive.

So, I am thinking if one was to find an amanita, dry it out, grind it to bits and spread the bits around coniferous trees one could cultivate a lot of amanita mushrooms that way.

I haven't had the chance to try it, but I read your pdf and I'm pretty excited to give the holy grail thing a go! I'm also fascinated by his take on the various religious texts used as evidence to his claim. I think the book may be exaggerated, but I doubt it's all BS. I have read about the fly agaric on other sites and a lot of what he said checks out. If it works as he said, I think I'm in for a conversion.

I'm not sure exactly what it is OP, that you are asking (that you can use mycelia to inocculate wine or that you can get high off of mycelia?). I grow my own mushrooms (Cubensis) using the PF tek method and end up with spent cakes that are large mycelial masses. You can definately trip from eating them, but it's much worse taste/texture wise than eating mushrooms.

Tom

I'm not sure exactly what it is OP, that you are asking (that you can use mycelia to inocculate wine or that you can get high off of mycelia?). I grow my own mushrooms (Cubensis) using the PF tek method and end up with spent cakes that are large mycelial masses. You can definately trip from eating them, but it's much worse taste/texture wise than eating mushrooms.

Tom

Wait... The cakes are psychoactive? Why not just make a tea? How weak are they?

It's pretty normal for fungi to be able to grow mycelium again from tissue that has been 'hibernating' in dried statie. You can also grow many other fungi including psilocybes from dried tissue that way, the cells simply shrink and metabolism is stopped but there is not necessarily degradation and digestion by other microorganisms as long as there is no water and they cannot overrun it. But, when the 'fungus' resurrects it quickly needs proper substrate or it will basically starve. Amanitas need to interact in the soil with roots of iirc birch trees to create a mycorhyzzal symbiosis, so I guess that is part of substrate in their natural life cycle to make fruits (the mushrooms) and everything.
Before that mature part of the life cycle you can propagate mycelium on more basic substrates. Just like gel substrates in petri dishes are often uses.

Yeah i guess the mycelium can contain lots of similar compounds also seen in the mushrooms just like psilocybe mycelium typically contains psychedelic tryptamines.

Nothing really special to see here apart from the very interesting fact that fungus tissue does not immediately experience irreversible death states like mammals etc.

This might be easier to grow than Psilicybe mushrooms. You could make an extract from the mycelium. I should try growing some when the little Amanita patch right outside my home comes up shortly. I haven't picked any of them in other years but maybe I should this year.

Again, Amanita's need soil with living birch pine tree roots to have a symbiotic relationship with, otherwise they are probably hard or impossible to grow.

wiki said:
Additionally, A. muscaria cannot be commercially cultivated, due to its mycorrhizal relationship with the roots of pine trees

If there is a patch somewhere apparently the soil meets growing criteria... but using a patch to pick them can't really be described as growing them yourself right? ;)

Last edited: