View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Amanita Muscaria dependence/withdrawal

burn out

Bluelighter
I have been taking amanitas pretty much every day recently. I started about 6 month ago just with low doses but lately my doses have been increasing. I usually take about 6 grams a day and then drink my urine to recycle the alkaloids.

What kind of withdrawal am I looking at when I run out? and is there any harmful effect to drinking your urine on a daily bases?

I have never heard of an Amanita muscaria withdrawal syndrome developing, but you should report back if one does for you. I'm afraid I can't answer your other question.

I haven't got an answer either but I am curious what you were looking for in/ got out of your daily amanita regimen?

(just curious because I made a tincture a couple of years ago with the idea of microdosing for a while, but I never got around to doing it. Got interested in the tincture after I found this website: http://flyagarictincture.blogspot.com/)

It may have some kind of nicotine-like withdrawal or it could be more akin to what people experience from DPH addiction. Personally I would suspect it's like a cross between the two. Either way doesn't sound fun. Let us know how it goes, I'm curious.

You actually drink your piss after aminita? gnarly lmao

^Yes, the ibotenic acid turns to muscimol (someone correct me if it's the other way around) when going through your system. The higher ranking berserkers used to use amanita muscaria and then let their "underlings" drink their piss. You can actually send the ibotenic acid through your system several times before it finally is all broken down into muscimol.

As far as withdrawals, I would not expect anyone to have withdrawals from something that most sites I've visited on the subject say "No, it is not an addictive drug", but one can't always help but wonder. However, from my experience, taking amanita muscaria over the course of a month (yes, tripping for an entire month: quite fun) it led me to try other amanitas which are arguably more dangerous... I guess you could say I was looking for a stronger high.

I haven't got an answer either but I am curious what you were looking for in/ got out of your daily amanita regimen?

(just curious because I made a tincture a couple of years ago with the idea of microdosing for a while, but I never got around to doing it. Got interested in the tincture after I found this website: http://flyagarictincture.blogspot.com/)

I get a lot of different effects from it, mostly spiritual type effects. A lot of healing, getting in touch with my inner being/God, mental silence, information about life, a deeper connection with nature, feelings of peace and ecstasy on occasion usually when I listen to shamanic drumming (I have shamanic drumming specifically recommend for use with amanita, let me know if you want me to post a link). I also get recreational effects. It makes me feel good, kills pain, kills anxiety, produces a sort of divine drunkeness.

Thanks! I was more interested in medicinal effects when I made the tincture- it's interesting that CrypticArc mentioned nicotine-like withdrawal symptoms as I had an intuition it could help me quit smoking. Don't know if that's true though.

Let us know if you experience any withdrawal symptoms, I think most people who use them only do so occasionally so you would make an interesting guinnea pig.

I don't think the fly agarics that grow here (netherlands) are very potent, I tried them for a while, back when I was sixteen (eating the dried hoods) without much effect other than some dreaminess. Now I'd love to try amanitas again, especially after what you told about them but I'm afraid it's a bit late in the year to go hunting for them : (

I would be interested in a link to that drum music btw

yeah the european ones in general arent as strong in my expeirence. best ive had i bought on ebay and they were washington caps which are much stronger by weight. the washington caps are sedating and produce a divine drunkeness as i said, or sometimes a narcotic like body effect which as a former heroin addict, i absolutely love. They say ketamine is psychedelic heroin, well I find amanita to be the real psychedelic heroin. the european ones tend to be speedy and energetic, they dont produce the drunken type effects but tend to be more visual instead. they are just as great an experience if you increase the dose but you need to take them earlier in the day or you wont be able to sleep. actually the washington caps keep me up sometimes also but with them i am content to just lie in bed and slowly drift off. the european ones are so speedy they are always making me want to do something.

As for the drumming I am just gonna link you to this user account where you will find all three shamanic drum healing videos. You can do them sober btw but amanita makes it more powerful.
https://www.youtube.com/user/johnscottartist/videos

You might want to check out some of his other videos as well. This dude had a massive thee day NDE during which he traveled into the spiritual realm and spoke with the Creator for three days after he accidentally ingested a crazy high dose of amanita, thinking it was edible. The video where he talks about his experience is fascinating to me and as a fellow amanita user everything he says makes total sense to me even though most people, even most drug users would never believe it.

Willingly trying to become addicted right now.

Tolerance developes extremely fast. Increasing the (single) daily dose by 30% yields roughly the same effects.

My wife had a really really bad experience at 25ml of my brew and after a week of daily use I'm at 50ml after a week of daily use, without noticing any significant impairment. I do sleep like a baby though. :)

At this frequency and storage increases I will have enough for another 2 weeks. Three weeks is plenty for me to get a feel of the withdrawals with most drugs.

So far: Insomnia, restlessness irritability, empfindlich incontinence. Pretty much the same thing that happens to me when I withdraw other GABAergic drugs (never had any major dependence issues though).

I was aiming at a breakthrough psychedelic experience (as I do every year, alas without success), but seeing observing the rapid development of tolerance and lack of anecdotes about the phenomenon of Soma dependence :D my current idea seems more worthwhile.

Been timid on the consumation front after the last brush with what felt like death!

Still harvesting whenever the weather's good, another hard to carry basket today, and some deitific jocularism.

Don't pick the shroom with the frotty broth on it if there's been fading screeches of kids preceding it on the forest trail..

It's been two weeks of daily use now and I'm up to two doses a day. It's the first thing I think of in the morning. I'm getting more tense with each hour that passes before redosing. Also, since I'm bipolar, I get pretty hypomanic to the point where my wife asked me if I did any speed. It is attenuated by further doses.

Other than that I'm happy as a clown. Remarkably I have not experienced any significant pain during the entire duration of these past two weeks. This is very unusual since I suffer chronic pain and usually take NSAR daily and the occasional opiate when it becomes more of a burden than I'm willing to endure. No pain meds at all in two weeks.

Starting to get pretty convinced that this stuff is indeed much more addictive than the literature would suggest and may also cause physical dependence.

The fact alone that it feels so damn good is a strong indicator of addictive properties.

My brew will probably still last for two more weeks the way it seems, since I stopped raising doses (with diminishing effects though, it doesn't seem like tolerance has reached any type of ceiling yet).

God this stuff is the shit. I'm not even a fan of GABAergics, but this one just feels great. I'm sleeping soooo well.

Anyway, in my experience one month of constant GABAergic drug intake is plenty to experience slight withdrawals, at least in me.

A friend from school (now a teacher) just came off a 15 year 70mg/d diazepam and alcohol habit. He was very stubborn about not wanting to go to a hospital for the duration, so we tapered him to 15mg over the course of 3 months and then withdrew abruptly (based on further stubbornness to get it over with) with the help of 1000/750/500/250mg phenobarbital over the course of 4 days.

He experienced no physical withdrawal sensation except for some tremor and seemed quiet fine mentally as well.

I on the other hand take 10mg of diazepam and can't sleep for shit the next day. We are all different I guess.

EDIT: Next year I'll try to get the extract down to a dry powder, so I can cap it up. Wonderful stuff, I'm just perfectly mellow all day long.

At these anxiolytic/hypnotic low doses there is no nausea at all or maybe I'm just desensitized to these aspects of the effects.

It puzzles me that this isn't more popular. It surely is an everyday type of drug that I could see plenty of people enjoy thoroughly. Pretty much everyone who is into downers or booze.

I'd still prefer GHB over this, but not alcohol, benzos or barbiturates (have only taken three substances of the latter class though).

Last edited:
Very interesting. I've just ground my stalks collection to a powder (don't wanna put anything to waste even though even I don't have a proper chemical pressure cooker set up yet =D), gonna see whether Amanita Stalk coffee can be a thing. I was aiming for vapable granularity, but I'll take whatever serendipitous route comes my way on the red/white trail.

Gone through all my MXPr processing these harvests the meticulous manual way, probably operating at a loss but I'm ever in search for the right mind space to trust bookkeeping to. Acid's investment recommendations scare me, as do the mushroom's, bloody intimidating grandiosity. Need to find a compromise between those two and the antsy coffee state I usually MacGuyver my mise-en-place with, concerning things chemistry.

Why, thank you for your most polite and helpful post! I'd also like to thank you for pointing in the right direction, which will greatly help my own and other peoples attempts to further investigate into the medical risks you briefly albeit eloquently hinted at in your post.

I hope you have a wonderful day! <3

I've seen this claimed before on reddit, linking the Amanita to kidney damage. I had a look and they were interpreting messy science at face value, if I remember correctly.

There's a flaw with combining arylcyclohexylamines with it though which I don't think I've pointed out before. Because you don't care about hydrating once the mushroom and the herbs hit, and the kidneys take the full hit of whatever renally caustic stuff is circulating. But there doesn't seem to be much value in repeating that particular setup anyway, it's a get-the-message-hang-up-the-phone type of ordeal I reckon.