Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Am I wasting my DMT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mind-explorer

Bluelighter
Hello,
today I got some DMT and tried around 45-50mg vaporised throught "dmt bong" (how my friend calls it) its just plastic bottle cut at the bottom part with aluminium foil sealed up around it and I put DMT in the middle and try to gently vaporise it. I wait until it seems there is no more DMT vaporising and then hit that bong and hold it for around 10-15 sec. Am I doing something wrong? Because I had light experience and I consider 50mg dose to be pretty average. I'm not concerned about quality of product, it looks just like stuff on erowid photo. This was my second time trying DMT, previously Ive tried 30-35mg and had about the same experience. Nothing amazing was pretty bored, I could feel it though. Thanks for your input.

You can't really tell how pure it is just by looking at it, so that makes it also hard to tell which part of the reason is impurity and which part is degradation. It would seem ridiculous to claim that all DMT with a color or appearance like you are talking about is actually indeed good quality DMT. The opposite, (dis)colored DMT always being bad, is also certainly not true. The most potent stuff I ever had was red jungle spice, it probably had potentiating alkaloids or MAOIs in there because it seems to have been stronger even than nearly pure synthetic DMT that I have had. So between the mentioned extremes, who really knows...

Some types of extraction methods used "guarantee" a higher 'minimal' / 'to be expected' purity than others. STB can be pretty dirty, A/B tends to be a bit better, freeze-precip should be considerably better than just evaporation of solvent. The solvent can determine selectivity of alkaloids extracted, and the plant species chosen determines the palet of alkaloids one starts with..

Anyway I guess there are different ways to waste DMT in a bong (I have experience with DMT and bongs), a major one probably being seepage: DMT readily melts at temperatures lying below vaping / smoking temperatures, if you don't make sure that it is held in the bowl it can accidentally flow away. Use a carrier like say ashes or something else that is inert or that burns lightly.
You also may be pyrolyzing it: burning with too hot a flame applied. Keep the flame from the lighter further away and just let the flames lick the DMT lightly when you inhale and there is created an air current sucking from the bong's bowl. Go a little closer if no dense white smoke is produced but definitely don't just put a flame near/on it fully exposed. Finetune the process.
Using some metal wire meshing also works wonders, before use heat the shit out of a piece rolled up into a ball fitting in the bowl so that fumes escape. After that put the metal meshing in the bowl, lay some DMT on top of it and get it warmed up a little with even milder use of a flame than described before. The DMT should melt over the surface of the metal meshing. Then it serves as a heat sink, protecting against burning and more evenly spreading applied heat.
Put little or no water inside the bong unless you find the DMT vapor unbearably hot. If it is scolding but also just extremely nasty and plasticky, you are most probably still burning and wasting part of that DMT.

Thank you for your reply. Well I didn't say some of my friends smoked the same product and seem to be successful at 40-50mg doses for intense experience. It's pity I didn't watch them smoke or ask for technique. I try to vape it gently with low fire and not burn it, when I vaped 40-50mg there was nothing left just pure aluminium like there was no DMT. Also I don't see point in using ashes because there is no way that fire could touch DMT, there is aluminium foil between them. And I hold fire no where near "close". I tried 100mg later and it was definitely stronger experience but it just started to get visual and was away in 2 minutes. Far from breakthrough though.
edit: Yeah I just realized I had done 300mg mdma on friday. I assume that could be a problem because of lack of serotonine in my brain?

Last edited:
I saw a guy unsuccessfully try the bottle apparatus. It just doesn't seem like the best way imo. It doesnt produce the thick white smoke ime. The best method is a pipe. For packing the bowl from bottom to top, I use the acronym ADA for ashes, dmt, ashes. I prefer to use ashes from my smoked shisha, which have a "gummy" texture. If one takes a *powerful toke from the pipe and hold it in their lungs for as long as physically possible, they will be in DMT Land before they exhale all the smoke. If youre not inhaling thick white smoke to your full lung capacity, then youre wasting it.

Yeah, thank you very much. I will definitely try pipe instead when I get some more DMT.

You can look into using Mullien as an inactive herb base. I find smoking with hemp wick, while risky if not put out before tripping, out of a glass bubble with the dmt sandwiched in a minor amount of herb to be taken in one hit on top of a screen preferably glass is the best method. I personally use cannabis although I know some avoid mixing the two

Is smoke significantly harder to inhale if I put it on some weed? Because DMT smoke from bong was already very unpleasant for me. I'm gonna use crack pipe now. (meth pipes or any glass pipes heated from outer side are not sold in my area)

Honestly I find smoking dmt straight hard as if it is overheated it won't just taste bad, but fuck with your ability to breath. I smoke a good half gram to gram with a good 50+ mg of hash 2x-4x a day so a lil' bud is nothing for me. I actually prefer having herbs not only to make it harder to burn the dmt, but also to cover the taste.

Edit: Check out the dmt nexus and their Wikipedia setup. You'll figure out the science of smoking dmt looking through all of their methods.

Yeah I'm used to smoking weed too (maybe 2,5g a day, bongs), I just wanted to know if mix somehow amplify bronchi/lungs irritation. Maybe I will try weed/dmt/ash, but Im gonna check all methods before.

So, I tried it.
I put DMT between layers of cannabis in stem crack pipe and held fire few centimetres away. Smoke was smoother a lot now (almost pleasurable to smoke lol) and despite I made it into 4-5 tokes in 60-90 seconds (didnt see into the pipe if there is anything left because it was not clean) this experience was little stronger and definitely longer and more pleasurable than 100mg try before. Dosage was 40-50mg. So it shows I was burning a lot of product before.

Thank you all for your help. Feel free to close..

I personally wouldn't use cannabis as a cushion just because you need a material to do that, it confuses why you are using the cannabis... and any combinations you wanna take are best chosen consciously.

Glad you got better results now though, just keep at it... the efficiency should improve if you try to finetune your vaping technique.

And yeah smoke from burnt DMT is especially harsh, if you vape DMT cleanly it should be very doable.

closing as per request.

Status
Not open for further replies.