• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Am I overdosing (oxycodone) please help

Toreadores

Greenlighter
I know there are probably lots of threads about this but right now I just need advice. Please moderators don't lock/delete the thread for 1-2hours, after that if you want lock/delete... but right now I need advice and can't call emergency. I'll try to provide as much info as possible:

9:30 AM this morning I took 20mg (2 pills) pure Oxycodone.
1:30 pm I took OxyContin 20mg (1pill I swallowed it whole).
3:30 pm I didn't feel much releive so I took 2 and a half pills (25mg total) norco and 0.5mg xanax.
7:30 pm I took another 20mg oxy IR.
8 pm things were ok. No pain, feeling good.
8:30pm - I started feeling very uncomfortable, by 9pm I got extremely dizzy, drowsy, confused, blurry vision, increased hearth rate and HORRIBLE paranoia. I fear everything - fear to lay down, fall asleep and never wake up. I fear if call emergency they may report me for abusing. Naloxone is not yet OTC at Walgreens in Illinois so I can't get it.
I don't know what action to take. I am not sure if I am really OD or just the paranoia is too great. I have some OD symptoms but not all of them. I DON'T have slow/shallow breathing or slow hearth rate. My BP is 130 over 80 (which is my normal) hearth rate is fast but probably because the paranoia. NO sweating or nausea, my pupils are enlarged (but not too much). I tried to find something in internet... it's like I am in between. Current hour 10pm ( hour and a half since the negative effects started).
Total drugs taken since 9:30am: 40mg pure oxy; 20mg OxyContin; 25mg Hydro; 0.5mg Xanax.

Is it an Oxy OD? Or mixing different drugs even in few hours apart? Or just a "warning OD symptoms" that will go away and because taking oxy 1st time in 2 years?

I concider to high tolerance since I was switched to oxy because I was taking 100-120mg hydrocodone a day and got script for pure Oxys (not percocets) to avoid acetaminophen poisoning. The doc instructions are - 20mg OxyContin every 12 hours and 2 IR oxy pills (10mg pills) for breakthrough during the day. Technically this means total 60mg a day. And total I oxy I took today is 60mg But I mix it with Norcos as well. Sorry for the paranoid topic but if anybody was in this situation will understand how horrible is the paranoia and fear feeling...
Any advices or methods that can bring down the side effects? Will drinking plenty of water help to wear it faster or anything else that could help?
Thank you!

I'm no expert but with your tolerance I wouldn't think that you would be ODing....even with the benzo added in since it's only a small dose. Try getting some food in you if you don't already.

I just ate some food. My heart is getting better but this paranoia still haunts me and feel very sleepy and drowsy. I am basically fighting myself not to fall asleep because I have this terrible feeling I may not wake up or go into a coma.. I'll try to stay awayke for at least couple of hours if I am able to. Thank you for your response.

3 hours and 45 min. But the negative effects began about an hour after that and they reached the peak 30-40 minutes later. This was about 2 hours ago (since the peak began). In general I feel better my vision is ok, but the drowsiness still lasts. I still am afraid to fall a sleep. Instart having something like "passing out" moments for literally 1-2 seconds but then "wake up" because I keep fear that "it's not safe yet to fall asleep". Trying to distract with a movie and increased volume of the TV

I would think that as fast as alprazolam takes affect once you past the 2-2.5 hour mark and you are still awake you should be in the clear, this is just my opinion though. Maybe take a cold shower to wake you up a bit before your movie.

I'll do that. Thank you for your reply. It has been now little bit more than 4 hours since the pills were taken and likenyou said if I passed the first 2-3 hours it should be ok. I started calming down a little bit, but at what point you think will be ok to take another 0.5mg xanax, I think it will greatly help with the anxiety and the paranoia in general. I only know it is bot a good idea to take oxy with xanax together, but how about 4-5 hours after the oxys were taken? Or should I avoid xanax for longer. Before I was prescribed the oxys I usually was taking 1mg xanax per day (0.5 around noon and 0.5 in the evenings) since it helps me in general to stay calm. Once again I really appreciate and want to thank you for your responses!

Adding additional benzos could suppress your breathing more. If at all possible try meditating on your breaths (just focus on breathing with your eyes closed), chewing a vitamin c tablet, something not drugs to relieve the anxiety. I wouldn't recommend adding more fuel to the fire until the Oxy is out of your system. If you must take another 0.5mg of Xanax (and for the love of God no more) wait at least 6 hours after your last dose of opiods imo.

Adding additional benzos could suppress your breathing more. If at all possible try meditating on your breaths (just focus on breathing with your eyes closed), chewing a vitamin c tablet, something not drugs to relieve the anxiety. I wouldn't recommend adding more fuel to the fire until the Oxy is out of your system. If you must take another 0.5mg of Xanax (and for the love of God no more) wait at least 6 hours after your last dose of opiods imo.
This is very good advice, thank you. Toreadores, did you make it out okay?