• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Am I Having Withdrawals After 1 Week On Hydrocodone?

FLEXURE

Bluelighter
Hello All.

I'll attempt as put as much "pertinent" information in this "Post" as possible, with the hopes of giving those who read it the most accurate version of what I'm asking.

Although I'm still somewhat new to "Posting" on this site, some of you may know, from my "Thread" regarding Klonopin (Clonazepam), I am also prescribed monthly supplies of "Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen, 5/325mg Tablets, 1 Tablet, Twice A Day (10mg's of Hydrocodone a day), As Needed For Severe Pain", by my Orthopedic Surgeon.

This is due to "Neuropathic Nerve Damage", and subsequent "Neuropathic Nerve Pain", due to a Lower Back Injury I sustained while working.

My problem is: I Have Taken More Hydrocodone/Acetaminophen Than Prescribed, when I had my last prescription filled 9 days ago. I've recently had a significant "Flare Up" with this pain, and 1 tablet, 2 times a day (10mg's a day), wasn't helping much, if at all.

My Orthopedic Surgeon is not a big fan of prescribing Hydrocodone "long term", and I'm sure he won't prescribe more for me than he already has.

Instead, I "Dosed Up" to an average of about 5 Tablets A Day (25mg's of Hydrocodone a day), for the last 9 Days. That didn't completely eliminate the pain (I didn't expect it would), but it did help.

My Question Is:

Is a 25mg Daily Dose of Hydrocodone, taken for 9 Days, enough to cause withdrawal symptoms if I:

A. Suddenly drop down to my prescribed dose of 10mg A Day? (I Currently have 18 tablets left.)

Or

B. Suddenly stop taking it completely?

I've "only" been taking it for 9 days, after having been completely off of it for approximately 14 days. When I went off of it, I was taking 10mg's a day, as originally prescribed above.

If so, I really need to use the remaining 18, 5/325mg tablets I have left, as wisely as possible to try and lessen any withdrawl symptoms I may have unwisely created for myself. What would be my best way to do that?

Over the past couple days, when I took less, it felt as though my Anxiety Level Increased Sharply, although I suppose (?) this may have been at least somewhat "Psychosomatic", just knowing I had taken less Hydrocodone. I'm not 100% sure.

I am also prescribed Klonopin (Clonazepam), 2mg Tablets, 3 Times A Day (6mg's a day),
for a diagnosed "Panic Disorder", and Celexa (Citalopram HBR), 40mg Tablets, 1 Time A Day (40mg's a day), for a diagnosed "Anxiety Disorder".

Both of these were prescribed by my "General Practitioner", have been the only medication/s that have worked for these "Disorders", and I've been taking them for years without issues. (Other than when I was prescribed Cymbalta, which was discontinued after about a 2-1/2 month "trial".)

I'm 6'-0" tall, of a relatively athletic build, weighing approximately 200 (+) pounds.

I do have a remaining container of Cymbalta (Duloxetine HCL DR), 60mg Capsules, which is a "left over", discontinued, prescription once suggested by my "Orthopedic Surgeon" for me to try. I stopped, and have not been taking this, due to uncomfortable side-effects.

I also have 3, 150mg capsules of Lyrica (Pregabalin), available, which I have also not been taking.

I could really use all the input from anybody who is more "In-The-Know" regarding "Hydrocodone" than I am.

I WOULD TRULY APPRECIATE ANY AND ALL OPINIONS/SUGGESTIONS REGARDING THIS HYDROCODONE "THING".

Thank You.

R.

Last edited:
Viewed, But No Replies. I Could Still Really Use Some Advice.

Hi All.

I started this thread where I felt many of you would be able to have some easy answers, due to the probability of your having much more experience with opioids, particularly Hydrocodone. That was 5 days ago, and I see where my initial post was viewed, yet I have not received any replies

While trying to figure out why, I'm thinking I might have gotten too lengthy with my post, and it appeared overwhelming to read. If that's the case, I regret causing any problems you guys/gals may have had with that.

I'm thinking another possibility for my post not receiving any replies is that my problem may be considered "too minor" when compared to the "extremely painful" problems many other members of this site are going through, and some of you read my post, and moved on.

My current status is, as of today, I've gotten down from 25mg's to 10mg's of Hydrocodone a day, and I have one 5/325mg tablet left. I've taken 150mg's of Lyrica yesterday and today, hoping to get a "head start" on intercepting any possible withdrawl symptoms when I "jump off" at this dosage of 10mg's of Hydrocodone a day, to no Hydrocodone at all. It has now been 14 days since I started the Hydrocodone.

I'm not quite as concerned about the physical pain of any withdrawls as I am about withdrawls creating heightened levels of anxiety.

I have done a lot of reading on this site regarding this, but most of what I have found has been geared more towards people on much higher dosages.

That is the reason for asking for advise on my particular situation.

Any advise, or opinions, as far as any withdrawls I may be facing, and/or how to prevent them, would be GREATLY APPRICIATED.

Thanks Guys/Gals. I Sincerely Hope To Hear Your Advice And/Or Opinions On This.

R.