• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Am I having severe allergic reactions to IV meth suddenly? HELP!

Lizabeth

Bluelighter
After countless doctors appointments, echocardiogram, EKG, blood heart enzyme tests, you name it. And results always coming back looking normal and good play my surprise. I think I finally may have figured out what may potentially be happening to me!! I’m not positive, but that’s why I’m asking. I relapsed 7 months ago, and I’m an IV meth user. I’m feeling very hopeful as of recent after finally reaching out to my husband for help that I will have the support to be able to try and quit. However, in the meantime I’ve been having these episodes, but only every once in a while not every time. Before Easter it happened to me suddenly out of nowhere after months of using daily, these episodes are absolutely terrifying where I actually thought I was going to die. And it won’t be the batch I get because I’ll have done it before and it was good. And it can be with even just the smallest amount.

It happened to me pretty much every time I try to use four months ago, so I had to stop for a while. The doctors couldn’t figure out what was wrong with me or what was happening. It’s been extremely frustrating because all this time I’ve been thinking that I have heart problems. Which could still potentially be the case in some ways. But it just happened to me again the other day after months of having no issues! I did a tiny five cent shot! I practice harm reduction and my technique and sterilization to the point it’s ridiculous. The stuff was awesome the first time I tried it, as well as the second time. Then suddenly out of nowhere I had one of those episodes where I thought I was going to die.

i’ll have gotten plenty of sleep the night before, taking good care of myself eating and keeping hydrated. The first thing that happens is I’ll do the shot and I know I didn’t miss. Sit there for a minute wondering why in the world I’m not feeling the effects of it or tasting it at all. When suddenly my heart will start to palpitate extremely hard, and then before I even have time to panic i’ll be totally relaxed and my heart rate will go from a normal resting rate of 80 to about 200 within a matter of seconds. Completely beyond my control. My feet get cold sweats, and my chest turns red sometimes. My chest also gets extremely hot. I’ve even broken out into hives a couple of times. Both at the injection site, but my arm and on my chest. It was so bad once that I went to the emergency room. By the time I got near my heart rate has gone down, and they couldn’t find anything wrong with me other than having hives so they just sent me home. Both at the injection site, but my arm and on my chest. It was so bad once that I went to the emergency room. By the time I got near my heart rate has gone down, and they couldn’t find anything wrong with me other than having hives so they just sent me home. My neck will tense up beyond my control for some reason, and I have to just lay there and not move for 20 minutes or longer until it goes away.

Sometimes it’s not so severe, but the last time it was incredibly severe. I was so dizzy I thought I was going to pass out, heart rate skyrocketed and would not slow down no matter what I did. Panic attacks have never even done that to me before like that. I’ve been just researching my heart out and trying to figure out WHATS WRONG WITH ME. Because it’s so frustrating to have that happen to you and then at the doctors just blow you off like you’re making it up. I’m just saying that you’re having panic attacks. I’m sorry but I’ve had panic attacks before, I know what those are like. This is completely different. And it happens when I am totally relaxed. The doctors don’t believe me, people think I’m crazy, and and I’m over here thinking I’ve got heart failure and dying or something. I’ve cut down significantly! Can’t even begin to tell you how much I’ve cut down.

But it’s so weird. And it doesn’t happen every single time. Sometimes it’ll happen like three times in a row, and then goes away. Or sometimes it all happen and then the next time it won’t. and then like recently it just completely went away for months and never happened to me until just a few days ago. It dawned on me this last time that I broke out into hives on my chest as well as with white raised red bumps around the injection site, and my heart started to race.......Am I having occasional allergic reactions Am I having occasional allergic reactions to meth??? i’m not sure if an allergic reaction can cause severe tachycardia episodes with the heart like I’ve been having but I just can’t think of what else it could be and it makes perfect sense. I read something online about anaphylactic episodes? Not sure exactly what that is. Can anyone please help me with this? I’m in the process of quitting, I pretty much don’t have a choice at this point if I want to live. But if this is what’s happening to me, what should I have done to help or to change my situation the other day when it was so bad? Take an anti-histamine? All I know is I absolutely cannot do any more until I figure out what’s happening to me with these random episodes. I just wish I had an answer so that I know what’s been happening to me. It’s a really awful feeling to have such episodes that are potentially life-threatening and not have any clue what’s wrong with you and the doctors won’t listen to you. I know for some reason it happens again, which it shouldn’t because I don’t plan on doing it. But if it does, what do I do? Do I pop a Benadryl? This is just crazy. I have bad luck. The worst

It definitely sounds like it is time to take a break from meth. Even if you tests come back A-OK each time you take meth you could be having an episode. Sometimes the negative effects seem to come randomly but they depend a lot on multiple factors including your state of mind at the time and your general physical condition.

As for the hives and red bumps - I’d suspect something your meth is cut with.

Could be what they use to cut your meth with. It's Almost always been cut before you get it.. and it's not uncommon to have them use something different to cut there product with. There could be a certain thing they use to cut there meth with and it's when you get it with that certain cut

I recall this kind of thing being a known side effect of that fake gear isopropanolol or whatever its called, the "I'm going to die" thing anyway.

Have an anti histamine and have some electrolytes, you are likely low in iron as well, get that checked as being run down in the first place doesnt make doing drugs worth the hassle.