• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Am I having psychotic episodes or just a panic attack

Barkedge

Greenlighter
I've been smoking for a while but recently whenever I smoke I become extremely depersonalised and have extremely paranoid thoughts (which I believe could be in response to being depersonalised which I've never really felt before)

Weed started having very strange effects after doing acid for the first time for me, basically I now almost always experience psychedelic visuals while smoking but I'm not sure how mormal this is because honestly I can't really differentiate weed from a trip now

Basically I'm not sure if these effects are a warning of me becoming psychotic or just a simple panic attack
How can I tell the difference?

Thanks

This happened to me exactly, out of nowhere too. Its just panic attacks though.
I stopped smoking for two years because of this problem, and just recently ive been reintroducing weed into my life in a very slow manner and i have had no problems. So just give it some time and take a break

Take a break. Its happened to me, either Sativas don't work with you or your weed is being cut early.

If other strains don't relieve that feeling, you should relax on the nugs. You can always go back and try smoking after you feel copacetic.

Thanks for the responses guys, to clarify this was actually a indica strain, blueberry to be precise.
I guess if my mind can't handle this without panicking it probably needs a break.

Last edited:
That's very common, and completely normal. Especially if you have used psychedelics, or if you are smoking or eating a Sativa.