• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Am I gonna die? No rude comments please

PandaVii

Bluelighter
okay bluelight family iv been having a hard time getting high on pills lately. my tolerance is up to 20 mgs of oxycodone now every 4 hours. I got some 10/500 of hydrocodone today for my overian cancer. the bottle says to take one every four hours but of course i didnt listen. I also have 5/325 of hydrocodone. so i took 2 of the 10s and broke a 5 in half so all in all i took about 23 mgs of hydrocodone and 1,100 of tylenol orally. im feelng really sick and i didnt know if that was enough to actually stop my breathing and kill me. any advice is welcome

With your tolerance, I think you will be okay. However, if you feel that you are in danger don't hesitate to seek medical attention. Hydrocodone sometimes gives me a stomach ache too. Next time, try taking it with food. It's not recommended to exceed 4,000 mg of acetaminophen per day so you're within the limits of safety.

also, if you're going to take more than prescribed, do a cold water extraction on the pills (it's very simple - use the search function for cold water extraction or CWE if you don't know what that is).

as ms calderone says, acetaminophen (or paracetamol as we call it over here) is very dangerous (potentially fatal) if you take too much.
i think generally with opiate overdose, if you're conscious enough to worry, and type up a thread on here, you'll most likely be fine. take care :)

thank you guys very much. i hate vicodin it feels like a dirty high to me. i dont know how to explain it. its not as pure as oxycodone. i think ill just leave it alone from now on. thank you so much again

do you know how to do a cold water extraction? it's simple and a good trick to learn.

Here is the simplest CWE I can think of. It is easy and it takes less than 1 minute:

All you need is: 2 glasses (or anything that can hold water); Tissue paper; Spoon (or your finger, anything to stir with); Water.

STEP 1. Put pills in the first container. Pour enough COLD water to completely submerge pills (from the sink, no need to cool it in fridge). No need for excessive water. Stir untill all pills are completely dissolved.

STEP 2. Take 2 pieces of tissue on top of each other, hold them on top of the second container like a filter; gently pour contents of container 1 through filter into container 2.

THAT'S IT! drink the water, discard the stuff caught in the filter.

if you're going to use pills with opiates and acetaminophen, it gives you a bit of wiggle room in terms of not overdosing on acetaminophen

perhaps maybe take this as a sign?
some sort of cosmic hint to stop...
or at least cut down?

not that i have any reason to stop myself aside.. from... yours...
bALLS.

If you're nautious or vomiting it's a sign you took a little too much given your tolerance. But from the little information you gave i think you'll be fine.

If you are worried that you took too many or that you may overdose, please go to a hospital, tell them which drugs you took, any other drugs/medications you take or are prescribed, and get help. You will not get into legal trouble for doing this. Stay safe.

Im sorry you are battling ovarian cancer mate :(.

Are you on the pills as a part of your treatment or is the treatment causing you pain?

Can I ask how you are coping with this?

Its very sad snd a horrible cancer to deal with.

Are you getting break through pain because of tolerance? You might have to move to fentanyl patches mate.

Is the

Your oxycodone dose isn't really that high. I'm a chronic pain patient (non-cancer) that was prescribed 90mg of roxy every day for years(6 roxy 15s dail/180 roxy 15s every month, which wasn't enough, but, these days, I know when to shut up and be happy with 90mg of roxy per day). I got bounced off my old pain management, and my new pain doctor has me on half of that [90 roxy 15s/month], which is totally inadequate for my pain and tolerance levels. What I did with 6 roxy 15s per day was either take all 90mg at once every morning( way more effective on the pain and generally lasted most of the day), or take 4 or 5 roxys for my initial dose and have 1 or 2 for the evening. Both ways of dosing was a lot more effective than 1 pill 6 times per day. So, our doses for oxy were pretty similar. On refill days and some days here and there, I would take 150mg + as one single dose for the day. I'm also prescribed 8mg of Xanax daily, so that synergizes nicely. IME/IMO, you aren't in danger of an OD. The reason you aren't getting high on your dose as of lately is that opioid tolerance builds rapidly, and oxycodone is among the opioids that raises your tolerance faster than many opioids.

As to why the hydro feels like a "dirty high" to you, I think it has to do with the fact that hydro is more sedating (even though it's weaker than oxy), while oxy is a stimulating opioid. The nausea is probably due to all that APAP, even though you are well within the 4 grams/day safety zone. Just some thoughts and opinions from my many years of experience with large amounts of practically every opioid and opiate you can think of, including many years of IV heroin addiction, fent analogs combined with roxys, heroin, etc......

I'm sorry to hear about your cancer, I know what that's like. Be good, and I hope we all get the amounts we want of the specific opioids we like, want, and need. ~downerhead.

Others have already covered most of the pertinent information, but I will echo for good measure. It's typically different for everyone, but a general consensus exists stating that Hydrocodone (Vicodin/Lortab) is approximately 2/3 the potency of Oxycodone (Percocet/Oxycontin). You can use this as a starting point in determining appropriate dosage.

The most important issue to address here though is your intake of APAP. APAP is toxic to the body in high amounts, but luckily, there is an easy way to extract the Opioid in question from the tablets. Using a Cold Water Extraction, you can quickly and easily remove the Opioid from the APAP, hopefully achieving your desired analgesia while sparing your poor liver from the insult of all that APAP.

I didn't know Oxycodone was a stimulating Opioid? I didn't know that even existed? Where I live you can get Oxynorm for sublingual use, the highest dose being 20 mg. - no prescription - and after taking, even with a high tolerance due to as good as daily Heroin and Oxynorm use a dose of over 100 mg. makes me sleepy or even able to get some sleep, even when on Coke, tho high quality Coke is quite relaxing and not that stimulating at all as often people using cut up stuff think it is - of course it is a stimulant, but with a high dose you get quite chilled out and having a relaxed state of mind (and this state of mind from the first bump to the last,never anxious or nervous or overstimulated mentally, tho the body, in my case, gives the most signs of Coke being a stimulant). In high doses even not that stimulating at all actually, after having bounced off the walls the first few hours there always comes a point I've used that much Coke that I'm euphoric and high but even slightly sedated instead of stimulated (at first Cocaine was mistaken to be a sedative instead of a stimulant by the way), so I wouldn't take Coke too much into consideration regarding me being able to sleep - still, Oxy is a downer to me, even when used without Heroin... Maybe because of the way Oxynorm for sublingual use kicks in that hard? Or why would it be sedating to this degree to me? (and I'm not that sensitive to Opioids in general at all)