• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Am I dosing too high?

Thewhitenugget

Greenlighter
Hey, so I'm relatively new to rolling, only done it two times (not counting another the night after my first where I felt NOTHING but headache, would not recommend this)

Both times I've had 350mg crystals (I know these aren't necessarily pure but the experience was amazing) spaced out in 3 even doses over 3 hours, and had a jolly good time - no discomfort and comedown is alright

Thing is I'm aware this is a high dose (I'm 6ft, about 78kg, but still) and I'm worried I'll get a bit trashed if I take the same dose of stronger stuff - and really I've been taking weak stuff before and actually my tolerance isn't that high.

Anyone got advice? I spaced out the drops by 3 months - could my tolerance just be naturally very high? Does the redosing mean I have been able to take more?

EDIT: Misread the dosing schedule. My advice then is not as urgent, but still stands regardless.

Do you reagent test? Taking a gram of pure MDMA over three hours is liable to get you worse than trashed, regardless of tolerance. I suggest that you buy a test kit to make sure you know what you're taking, then take a long break to mitigate any tolerance you might have developed, then experiment with taking lower doses and not redosing.

My biggest worry is that what you have taken thus far is either not MDMA or very impure, and that if you try that dosing schedule with real MDMA you might get hurt. Please just be very careful if you try something from a new source or batch.

Last edited:
I took 350mg, not a gram - think that would ruin anyone.

I'm also worried about getting caught out by pure stuff - would 350mgs of pure mdma ruin my night?

I took 350mg, not a gram - think that would ruin anyone.

I'm also worried about getting caught out by pure stuff - would 350mgs of pure mdma ruin my night?
Any new substance reagent test and start low. Problem solved. Will ruin your night...probably not...but your memory will problany be a little fuzzy and the side effects will be more pronounced.

On my neibourhood, crystal is usually quite pure: barely anything is lost with acetone wash and the reagent tests provide strong reaction with even a miniscule amount of substance. The first time I rolled (ever), I took 110mg. Amazing. The second time I rolled, I took 150 and I was quite floored.
The lastest times, I've taken 150 + 50 as booster at T+1hour. That is plenty. So yes, if your stuff is high purity, you are taking way too much. Just speculation, but I'd assume one gets tolerance faster using higher doses than with moderate doses.

Ok, thanks for the responses guys. I think I'll take it easy the next few times, don't want a tolerance because for me this drug is pretty magical.

One more question though - I really didn't experience any negative effects taking this dose before. Surely this means the amount was good for MY body - does this still count as a heavy dose which will have disproportionately bad effects re tolerance? Or would it just have the same effect as someone's normal dose of, say, 150mg, if that gets them rolling hard?

Sorry if this makes no sense

Hey, so I'm relatively new to rolling, only done it two times (not counting another the night after my first where I felt NOTHING but headache, would not recommend this)

Both times I've had 350mg crystals (I know these aren't necessarily pure but the experience was amazing) spaced out in 3 even doses over 3 hours, and had a jolly good time - no discomfort and comedown is alright

Thing is I'm aware this is a high dose (I'm 6ft, about 78kg, but still) and I'm worried I'll get a bit trashed if I take the same dose of stronger stuff - and really I've been taking weak stuff before and actually my tolerance isn't that high.

Anyone got advice? I spaced out the drops by 3 months - could my tolerance just be naturally very high? Does the redosing mean I have been able to take more?

Reading your post it appears you take 3 x 115 grams (do you weigh?) over 3 hours.

Obviously you should test your stuff first. It won't tell you purity, by kit, but potentially negate you taking something which is not MDMA. Also make sure you do weigh your dose.

It is likely that your first dose and then second will set the experience and your 3rd is a waste and will simply prolong the experience, perhaps increasing your comedown and time to recover. Basically that 3rd dose will not deliver as you've already blasted your serotonin.

If you read through BL stickies - The best method would be to consider a first dose as between 80 - 150 mg IE your first dose tends to set the level of the experience. Then an hour to two later (after onset) to redose at half the original which extends the experience.

By paying attention to that first dose quantity you will be able to assess the quality / purity of your product. You can't assess anything the way you currently dose and you are going heavy at 350 mg in 3 hours.

Problem is that if you have one batch that works at this it doesn't mean the next will, even if it's from the same source it is not necessarily the same.

Take care

Very helpful, thanks. Thought the third one might be a waste, definitely seems better to go for lower dose - can always add more if I'm not feeling it

Mdma is a drug best used when a sweet spot is found, not too much and not too little.

Also its a drug when less can actually mean more.

All I'll say

Mdma is a drug best used when a sweet spot is found, not too much and not too little.

Also its a drug when less can actually mean more.

All I'll say

^ Agreed but unfortunately you never know what you actually have unless you GC/MS.

The best way (not perfect) to ensure you get the dose right / sweet spot without full test is to only ever buy in advance before your planned roll and buy a little more than intended for one roll.

First test with reagents. This tells you you have SOME MD type compound. Then do a accurately weighed preliminary dose of around 40 - 80 mg. (based on tolerance height weight etc,). You are not looking at this point for a big roll just an idea of where a low dose puts you. It can be enjoyable, it can feel fustrating (being half way to bliss) as an experience but don't then redose.

If nothing at all happens you can be fairly certain your product is heavily cut. Then you need to consider why you would want to take a poor supply. Or consider if you really must repeating to find the active point of your mixed powder. Check out acetone wash as this will remove most inactive cuts.

If in pill form you can still do the pre test - weigh the pill then crush. As a rough assumption 50/50 (mdma / binder) generally recognised that you need at least this ratio for the pill to hold together; so a 400 mg pill will be around 200 mg mdma.

Regarding pills - they can vary per pill on mg content. If following this method it is sometimes safer to consider crushing and mixing same batch pills together to make powder. Then you know the powder is at the same mg.

If you get an alert at these doses depending on intesity you can then be able to get a good handle on the product purity and bingo a good night without over or under doing it.

Alas sometimes less can be fustrating IMHO. Being on the edge of a good roll but not quite getting there can feel a waste of a good night. But I have seen many people go down hill
quickly by boosting the original dose with a random heat of the moment purchase, when they are not perhaps as capable of making an informed decision in the cold light of day.

Problems occur when people buy drugs on a whim in a club / event don't get a hit then drop a lot or mix believing that it's low purity / inactive to then get kicked in the ass by dodgy product, too much and or not allowing time to reach onset. Chemical soup scenario of dropping random untested drugs / pills - chemical combinations are way more likely to cause issue.

Pre test ensures you are taking the product in a controlled scenario at low dose and you personally know it is active and at what level.

The above method, although agreed not perfect, ensures when you go out you know you have tested and don't fall into the need more or looking for more scenario from an unknown.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. Im going to invest in a reagent and purity test off eztest. If I decide to drop before that I'll start with 140mg, see where I'm at after 2 hours and redose accordingly. I'm really hoping that will be enough because it feels like I'm asking for trouble putting this much in my body, even though I never felt like it was too much. Will let people know what happens...

Has anyone ever lowered their dose after they thought they had found a 'sweet spot', and for good results?

Has anyone ever lowered their dose after they thought they had found a 'sweet spot', and for good results?

I have done this. All it requires is a sufficiently long break. I usually take a 125 mg dose when I want a serious roll, but after a few months of abstinence I can manage a surprisingly pleasant experience from a dose as low as 60-70 mg.

Update - ended up dropping again after a 2 month break. Decided that I would limit myself to 250mgs but that didn't happen in the end...

This stuff was <<obtained somewhere>>, 80% purity. Started the night with an 1/8th, came up nicely but after that felt a bit flat so took another. That got me to a level where I felt really empathetic but without the rush and urge to dance. Decided to break my rule and have 1 more (now about 2 hours since the first kicked in), and wow, after that just sublime for the next 4 hours. Nothing quite like that feeling. No noticeable bad side effects, comedown hasn't been too bad. It was good to see what level each dose got me too, and to know that I've probably found my 'sweet spot', even if it is very high.

Last edited by a moderator:
That isn't your sweet spot. You just took a too low initial dose, and seeing as MDMA tolerance begins immediately, you had to take a lot more to finally put you where you would have been had you taken maybe 150-200mg to begin with and left it at that.

^ agree I should of pointed out that you can't do a pretest to find relevant purity of the sourced MD nor sweetspot by doing it the same day or even few weeks before you then intend to re drop the bigger dose.

It's a long process.

It's a method only to be used when you intend to use the same supplied MD for extended periods. From HR a lot safer than seeking supply based on immediate use scenario.

You appear to have decided your own logic and have enjoyed it so fair enough.

Take care

That isn't your sweet spot. You just took a too low initial dose, and seeing as MDMA tolerance begins immediately, you had to take a lot more to finally put you where you would have been had you taken maybe 150-200mg to begin with and left it at that.

Fair enough, I hadn't considered that. Will try a heavier dose to start next time.

I do really appreciate the advice, just for whatever reason it wasn't working for me last time so I decided I would try something else - no disrespect!

The short answer is: yes you are!

Refer to the sticky above for more info. :)

I also suggest that if you're taking 300+ mg doses, a two-month break is not long enough to fully reset your tolerance.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I do just feel a bit confused having read people's recommended dosages on here. So far I've always felt that every dose and redose I've taken has added to the experience, I never got the feeling that there was no effect, let alone negative effects to having more (although there's a stage where I realise I don't need any more). All my friends take similar amounts (last time there were 10 of us, my dose was comparatively small!), haven't taken it enough to fry their brains and still just have a great night with mild comedowns.

I've seen people posting on BL that 150mg 'floored' them - I really don't understand why my experience has been so different. Perhaps I should put this down to binge culture in the UK, or maybe it would be naive to suggest I'm getting pure stuff so less nasty things to ruin the high? Just feel a little bit confused, was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I do just feel a bit confused having read people's recommended dosages on here. So far I've always felt that every dose and redose I've taken has added to the experience, I never got the feeling that there was no effect, let alone negative effects to having more (although there's a stage where I realise I don't need any more). All my friends take similar amounts (last time there were 10 of us, my dose was comparatively small!), haven't taken it enough to fry their brains and still just have a great night with mild comedowns.

I've seen people posting on BL that 150mg 'floored' them - I really don't understand why my experience has been so different. Perhaps I should put this down to binge culture in the UK, or maybe it would be naive to suggest I'm getting pure stuff so less nasty things to ruin the high? Just feel a little bit confused, was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience
Maybe your naive thinking your product is as pure as you think. Just because it's advertised one way...doesn't mean it is...if you really interested you could send in a sample to Energy Control or the Avengers. I know they have samples that supposively "84%,99%, blah blah blah %" that turn out to now be as pure as advertised. Not saying active cuts; just less then pure reactions creating less then pure substance by mass.