View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Am I doing this right? (DMT)

Tennisman

Greenlighter
So first time taking DMT, doing it in a bong and using ash sandwich.

I scoured the net for things to consider for my first time and dove right in with a friend. First time I got really dizzy without any other noticeable visuals.

Second time, even less effect than before that.

May I ask you gents for any insights on why I failed?

First try (I kinda overdid the sandwich thing):

Used the sandwich method on a water bong.
Made a small bedding of unsmoked cigarette tobacco.
Then about a layer of ash which, with the unsmoked cigarette tobacco, made about maybe 3/4 of the bowl.
Put 30mg of dmt on top.
A layer of ash on top of that.
And a final layer of unsmoked tobacco form cigarette which I used to light and made my heat source.
Took about 5 small hits but kept it in rather long (about 10 to 15 seconds)

Effect: Felt dizzy, kinda heard the whirring sound which I read happens on the first hit. Nothing after that.
Laid down for a bit until I recovered.

Second try, an hour after the first try:

Used only ash this time.
about 3/4 layer of ash as bedding
another 30mg of dmt on top
and a thin layer of ash covering the spice.
Used a bic lighter to light it up.
Took one huge hit, felt nothing.
2 more hits later and I couldn't smoke anything out of the bowl.

Effect: Noticeably less than my first try

My question is, would the above methods work under normal circumstances?
If so, would you think it was my technique that's wrong? On my second try, I inhaled the flame right into the bowl and kept it going thinking the ash would do it's thing. Did I burn the spice?

Will be trying again soon, so I kinda want any suggestions at this point.

Got a lot of info just by lurking, but I really couldn't find any post on the tiny details. Thanks everyone!

I don't know about the bong when it comes to vaporizing something like DMT. The gut tells me there would be some loss of potency.

Why not use a glass bulb or "crack pipe" and gently heat it underneath? Never had problems with this method. But "sandwiching" DMT pretty much always ends up being wasteful IME.

Check out Nexus forum as its more DMT oriented.

Depending on your DMT, try melting it very gently from a distance with your lighter pointing away from the spice. After you layer up, you don't want to "light it" right away. You almost want to dance the flame across the bowl while drawing in. It takes time to get this right, but you aren't trying to actually SMOKE the DMT. The goal of the sandwich method is to slowly introduce hest until the DMt begins to vaporize, not burn.

Your better off not heating it enough, then you are to overheat it. At least if you don't get it hot enough you can try again. DMT has an incredibly distinct flavour. It will be very prominent at vaporization point. Also, make sure you are holding it in your lungs long enough

Cool! I'll keep the tips in mind. Been feelin under the weather this past couple of days. Will try again when I get better and let you guys know how it goes. Hopefully I get better at this.

I just don't have a "crack pipe" with me right now and all I can get are the tobacco glass pipes, so I dunno if those work. They kinda look different than the crack pipes I see on google.

I just don't have a "crack pipe" with me right now and all I can get are the tobacco glass pipes, so I dunno if those work. They kinda look different than the crack pipes I see on google.

I've never smoked DMT but one thing I've wondered when people talk about pipes is if you could use a brand new Marijuana pipe and put your dose through the bowl, like into the bowlhead chamber-area....and then just light the bottom of the pipe....if that makes sense.
Would that work? I think you'd have to pull lightly so as to not inhale powder but it seems like that's pretty much the same idea as a crack pipe.

I always have intended to use either a light bulb vape (in case I broke it) or a bong but am curious if the pipe idea would work just because I see so many questions online about smoking DMT.

I've never smoked DMT but one thing I've wondered when people talk about pipes is if you could use a brand new Marijuana pipe and put your dose through the bowl, like into the bowlhead chamber-area....and then just light the bottom of the pipe....if that makes sense.
Would that work? I think you'd have to pull lightly so as to not inhale powder but it seems like that's pretty much the same idea as a crack pipe.

I always have intended to use either a light bulb vape (in case I broke it) or a bong but am curious if the pipe idea would work just because I see so many questions online about smoking DMT.

It works, but not great. a lot of product is lost inside pipe, but the thick glass prevents it from burning up as fast. Thick glass also stays hot longer so take flame away a little early and keep hitting after flame is gone.
My first extreme DMT exp. was using a little bitty weed pipe...brand new. No sandwich just some DMT in the bowl.

Bamm! Thanks for that Nutz.
I live right next to a Lil Bodega that has a large selection of cheap glass so it'll be really convenient.