• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Am I CWEing Correctly

MKLuiKang

Greenlighter
I see a lot of tutorials but no actual pictures and so I wanted to show what my process looked like.
I wanted to show how it turned out. Right now I used two norcos.

This is when I first dissolved it in warm water

This is after I taken it out of the freezer

This is how it looks in the filter

this is the final product

this is the remains in the filter

did I do It right. I just want to be extra sure.

Looks right to me man, you're never going to get absolutely everything, but you definitely got a massive amount in that filter.

After many a thousand CWEs, I think I have managed to get my yield up to >95% by using around 150 ml of water when first dissolving, filtering that, squeezing the filter until no more water comes out - the insoluble material becomes so dry that it sticks together forming hard clumps. Then I add another 50 ml of cold water to the filter and use a spoon to mix everything on the filter, squeeze every last bit and voila. There is otherwise quite a lot of solution left in the insoluble goo when doing 500+ mg at once, my usual having been 800 or 1000 mg back when I was addicted.

Total amount of solvent (water) at an increased pH (why do you think soluble paracetamol has to be acidic?) means you can get it ALL out. I would still go with ibuprofen + codeine. Ibuprofen is profoundly insoluble in water. Take methionine if you must play with paracetamol, IMO it should be a legal requirement for ALL patacetamol dose formats to contain methionine. It would certainly save 10s of thousands of lives per annum.

If the Russians can DIY desomorphine, is is too complex to use solvent extraction? Yes, mechanical losses means it's better to do 10 packs at once but you too can see codeine hydrochloride.

But seriously - do try it. Codeine has a pKa of 10.60 so you can get it all and get it clean. Put this next to the solubility of paracetamol I linked to last week:

https://meloun.upce.cz/docs/publication/094.pdf

Download and share

Last edited by a moderator:
^ paracetamol is a phenol, so it forms a salt and subsequently becomes much more soluble at higher pH, think >9.

^ paracetamol is a phenol, so it forms a salt and subsequently becomes much more soluble at higher pH, think >9.

I posted the solubility data and it says exactly the opposite so if it is indeed wrong, please E-mail the journal and authors. A simple piece of litmus paper shows the pH of soluble paracetamol is lowered to enhance solubility (also pH of drip formats). Now throw in some NaOH and see what happens... yeah, dropped out didn't it? Not all phenols are equal. a p-amide isn't going to activate it and it will only form an ionic species when the pH is hugely increased. A said look at the pKa of the species because I don't think blindly following instructions is inherently a good approach.It's an ionic solvent so you want an ionic species so at lower pH the phenol is activated.

I HAVE put in the effort to post a LOT of papers but I can't come around to everyone's house and do it for them. I'm sorry if I wasn't clear on the matter and of course I have no idea what excipients are in each brand but it is as well to learn. I've just seen to many people die of ignorance so please don't think this is me on an ego trip. I struggle to put things into plain english which is my fault.