• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Am I addicted to meth yet?

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
Over 2 months total, on average I do a bump/line of meth every three days. I don’t enjoy the feeling after the initial uplift in mood and the long drawn out period of feeling like I could do something productive but end up staying in the home wasting the time away while having a general fear of venturing outside. I turn down lines all the time “no I’m working tomorrow, I gotta be straight.”

From personal experience how quickly can this progress? I’ve decided to quit the shit and I guess I just want some reinforcement. Plus this post is being typed while I’m coming down and depressed. Not touching it today.

The comedowns will get harder and it's easy to say during a hard comedown "i'm never doing that again."

I'm not saying you shouldn't follow through with it but be very aware that once you are baseline again it's easy to forget how hard the last comedown was to justify another hit.

It's good your worried about being addicted after not being a heavy user. You have a good head on your shoulders and should try kick the shit. Maybe aim for a goal like I'll stay off and Nye I'll have a dabble. I know it's not quit all together but it'll make you stay away from it and on Nye you might give it a miss to. Small goals I find works. Saying I'm not touching a drug ever again for me is overwhelming and kinda scares me and I fuck it up so quickly cos the goal was to big I thought nH I can't do this. So it's good your reconising it and yeah man small goals. Keep it under your control man.

If you find yourself using it even when it causes intense negative side effects then you at the very least have the beginnings of a mental addiction.

Any kind of casual/once in a while drug user caries this risk, the longer you keep it up the easier it is to fall into addiction. Some are more susceptible than others but everyone has low points and bad days, these things can cause downward spirals.

It can progress very slowly over a decade or two or hit you hard, it all depends on your mental state, whether you have fulfilling hobbies, relationships, etc. There are so many variables it's impossible to tell.

If you hate the sum of the effects and deem it not worth continuing stick with that. Unfortunately it might mean distancing yourself from friends that use or a scene where it's prevalent. If you can abstain without separating yourself from that scene then that's great but if you give in and find yourself in the same situation then take it as a sign that you might have to take further action.

Last edited:
Day two, turned it down. The thought of repressed appetite and a little sick that lingers on and on and on made me say NO again. What was I thinking.

You dont wanna become addicted to potent stimulants, they fuck ur body up especially ur heart!!

Good on you, man. Take advantage of the early stage will power and quit while you're ahead. And honestly, the comedowns usually get easier as time goes on making repeated dosing and further addiction much more likely.

technically i actually relate to your drawn out feeling, which i only ever get with meth, its a period during the 'high' where the euphorias gone but there's residual stimulation that lasts for a few hours, pretty much the only downside to it, which is why with any type of amphetamines i only use them if i'm gonna be going at it for a few days so i can redose as many times as physically possible