Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

AM cures corona?!

Chris Timothy

Bluelighter
Hi guys!

I have an experiment to report on, so I'd say that warrants a new thread (the other one's.. uhm.. doing its own thing now..).

So it would have been irresponsible to have gone out in order to consciously catch corona for science. Luckily this ethical dilemma didn't need wrestling with, instead I just happened to go to the shop right before lockdown. On the trip back, I suddenly noticed an itchy throat.

The day after, I got a cough, and a pain in the chest developed. I did switch coffee brands recently, I cannot completely exclude the possibility I'm confusing heartaches for lung pain. But I'm in reasonable shape nowadays since a month or two, sudden cardiac issues would be surprising. I normally never get ill as lockdown is kinda most of my lifestyle, yet now suddenly this. I don't think it's the common cold you guys..

BUT SO, guinea pig acquired! 😁

I figured if I'd have to eventually recommend this mushroom to John or Joan Doe for his or her corona, I cannot assume complicated preparation. So I took 2g of dried, simple, uncarboxylated Amanita Muscaria in tea form. It took away the chest pain within minutes! The ibotenic acid was noticeable, and annoying, and gave a bit of a hangover the next day.

Day two I took the same 2g plus 10g which got an extra hour in the oven at 140°C (lowest stand I got, alas). This proved too long, the 10g was rendered disappointingly weak. I compensated through the good ol' water recycling trick, got up to four cycles, and when I came down the cough had been reduced to a slight tickle in the throat. Note that I even took the liberty to vape the delayed herbal logistics I was pleased to wake up to.

Day three (today) I woke up with some increased tickles in the throat again. There was still bottle of.. uhm.. holy water left. But the mushroom kills bacteria, so no spoilage noted, and within half an hour the tickles were brought back to the previous, minimum level.

I understand that, in more severe cases of flu and corona, the organism gets trapped in multiple feedback loops. I can imagine the Amanita breaking them. That's just going off on the sense of deep, interal centering and rest, which stops the coughing feedback cycle, for one. It feels different than DXM's relatively crude suppression.

Pretty sure these things are not supposed to happen according to mainstream medicine. Even if I don't have corona, a common cold isn't supposed to be this much of a pushover either, right?

Jesus supposedly made the lame walk. Now we know thanks to the Dead Sea scrolls that Jesus represents the mushroom, it's kinda obvious that the healers of old would laud their most powerful treatment against the polio virus, isn't it? That's one example, but there are multiple within the decoded scriptures. So to summarize the evidence for antiviral properties: there's the ecological clue of how the forests are functionally organized. There are the historical clues. Then there is the contemporary, mounting, anecdotal evidence. (Let's dismiss the woo connection between warts on the cap and its warts-curing ability [warts == virus!], although it's uncanny).

How the frick is this possible that you're learning this from me, you ask? Three reasons. The Amanita can't be cultivated, tricks to make it grow without tree buddies are yet to be conceived. Therefore it doesn't fit in the industrial, economical scheme. Secondly, it's a complicated species, I don't think I've seen a faultless comprehensive resource yet (working on it!). Plant antivirals are simpler, but depressingly weak, not sure whether anything works outside of the petri-dish yet. Thirdly, gaboxadol wasn't boring enough a muscimol analogue, people were overdoing their prescription doses in the test trials, no coat wants to take responsibility for that. So those are three strong incentives for industrial medicine to look the other way, leaving this path of inquiry to your local wannabe witch-doctor. 😁

It should work for prevention as well, but I'm not sure if that's the best use, I suspect other mushrooms do more immune system boosting. It's the direct effects that are so interesting here.

So I encourage everyone with a stash and a cough (or someone you know with a cough) to replicate the experiment and report back! Let's do something more than wash our bloody hands, shall we? Here's to chemical, mental and medical sovereignty, hurray!! :D

And this is based on only this information? I'd like to see some informational studies on the subject. Not random experiences. What's the science behind it?

It's pulling from Teeter, Wasson and Allegro. For the anecdotal reports look at the free ebook on Teeter's website, there's a healing chapter.

What do mean by informational studies? As opposed to studies that do not give information? Anecdotal evidence despite not the most reliable is still information, you might have noticed we often use it to stay alive here..

I explained above why you're not likely to see clinical studies about this any time soon.

Very cool work, CT. I live beside a stand of AMs which would fill a dozen big garbage bags each fall (only harvested once) and I now have another reason to revisit these big beauties! I wonder about how the recyc process works on the virus caught in the throat, the acidic nature may cut down the virus. But as with most things Amanita, it may be a combo of compounds, processes and mechanics.
I heard that drinking very hot teas frequently can curb the virus, as it likes temps between 10-25c.
So the acids in the prep could be filling that roll somehow, opening throat cell-walls and flushing the virus down into the stomach where they meet doom.
Anyway, interesting stuff, even with one trial.

I note that on more than one occasion, LSD or Psilocybin mushrooms have cured my cold.
I love our fungal medicines!

Interesting, but hardly "cures corona?!" given that nobody knows if you were at all infected with SARS-CoV-2.

Just saying. ;)

And again, I'm still stuck here with just the tonnes of psilocybes....I guess I could experiment as well if I catch anything, which I would rather not. Fuck I may have enough mushroom here to run some sort of clinical trial on a decent sized population.

I take a 14 medicinal mushroom blend every day... great for the immune system. Mushrooms are good medicine in general. It would be great if amanitas could cure Coronavirus.... I doubt it's the case but I doubt it could hurt anyway.

@Aeon Psyche
Thanks! Exciting huh? :D

@DrumTripper
Ooh, excellent point! No doubt it's working on various levels, but I hadn't considered the recycling as meaningful variable yet. I don't do warm chugging anymore though, I work it into milk with honey nowadays, so the resulting fluid is closer to room temperature.

Some people do defend shroomless urotherapy for some reason.. better to eliminate that variable from the experiment just in case. Such a pity though once you're used to it, I'll leave it to others to waste their purified elixir! (Could store some bottles in the freezer instead I suppose.. worst case that is, I'm currently testing out what the expiration date is, two days in and still no smell).

That's an important remark about the serotonergic fungi as well, if LSD&Co cold recoveries are as rapid as AM cold recoveries, then there would something to be said for keeping the focus on the immune system. "If", that is. Someone who falls ill more often would be in a better position to compare.

@SunriseChampion
Yes of course variables can't be kept constant very well outside of lab conditions, introducing unwanted uncertainty. That's exactly why we need more people joining in! Quirks average out over bigger data sets. Not sure what kinda of homebrew clinical setup you're thinking of, but sure sounds like fun!

@Xorkoth
I should have been more clear. It's a case for antiviral properties. That wouldn't imply it's automatically a match for capital c corona, but it does make one wonder whether there would then exist a suitable dosing regime, doesn't it? Your last statement seems to be true though, in general even. I've caught wind of some other illnesses and conditions people have been throwing fire shroom magic at, including auto-immune disorders. I haven't doublechecked yet, but even if it does nothing for it, it must still be a big clue it's generally well tolerated. I can't even come up with any counter-indications on the spot, especially when the ibotenic acid is minimized and CBD is co-administered. I didn't like the combo with DOC, that's all I can say. And I suppose it could amplify respiration suppressors and cause suffocation? Indirect things like that. But barring those, every interested patient should be able to start low and work their way up.

Antiviral properties are certainly encouraging. :) All in all, fungus is pretty amazing all across the board.

To me there are 4 states of consciousness mushrooms produce. The first is that of feeling satisfied having eaten something, so food. The second could be the ultimate consciousness shift: death with the right mushroom. The third would be a healing state. Some are very good medicines. The fourth hovers between death and life, a psychedelic state. So I do think mushrooms are interesting and I understand why the whole spore theories would arise to such speculative levels.

CT, in 100 years they will point back to BL thread and see AM works to destroy viruses, any and all.:) You could be on to something.

So you went to the shop and developed symptoms while walking home?

What happened to the 9 day incubation period then?

^LOL, outside the pox. :D

Intent means a lot. Now if CT were making money on this by calling it the truth then he becomes just another low life scammer. Speculating seems ok and CT's humor adds to the lightness. (I tend to dig CT's knowlede as well as speculation on this class of mushrooms) But I have to say will we as humans ever really get a fully controlled study on anything ever again? Example, my 92 year old father in law who is diabetic and in a nursing home was in a turmeric study in Ontario. Yet he is on about 7 different medications to begin with and eats like shit. What kind of controlled study is that? Just sayin... the way science changes is staggering, but even with that science is the best we got, we just have to use our heads and improvise by whatever knowledge we have. (IMO) So anything definitive that comes out these days is suspect to me.

Tbh I can't think of much in the way of a infection like this that'd develope within minutes of exposure...

Sounds psychosomatic to me

That need not be implied. Fact is I'm having viral symptoms, whether my story about it makes sense or not.

You're free to dismiss anecdotal evidence. I'm free to dismiss your dismissal of my anecdotal evidence. You're a fool for thinking I can't discern between health and sickness though. That's just my personal opinion and you're free to dismiss that as well.

I'm a fool? I wasn't even debating whether or not you had in fact been infected with covid-19.

It was just the fact that you said you were at the shop just as the news was buzzing about it and then suddenly started suffering symptoms on the walk home.

So, the media said you were gonna get sick, you went out and then magically developed the symptoms they'd been describing all in a timeframe much much shorter than is to be expected, seems more likely to be psychosomatic than not.

But sure, I'm clearly a fool, no one has ever been known to develop the symptoms being described to them before have they?

Immune system is greatly influenced by the psychological state so I'm sure a "healing" or positive trip can make a difference. It doesn't mean some substance doesn't have an anti viral effect outside the psychological factor.
Now drawing conclusions on one case is a bit short, the vast majority of people recovering naturally from c19 anyway.

What is AM?
I've had Corona but that mild version they talk about. That + being a smoker = you've never heard a chesty cough like it! SOooooo much phlegm I though I was gonna asphyxiate in the night. Day 7 now and feel 80% better. Opioids seem to temporarily take the symptoms away.