View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

ALWAYS the same realization from Nitrous

no_id

Bluelighter
I occasionnally use nitrous oxyde. I noticed that I always have the same developpement of thought when on it (how the thought are "chaining" themself). I can't describe it as it would sound somewhat bizarre, plus it's more about the developpement of the thought than its content. Does anyone have the same effect ?

It's a bit hard to know what you're saying but I think I might understand. How much have you taken it? Personally I have taken probably 1000 cartridges or more during 6 years or so and I definitely get some thought loops /semi deja vu feelings when I do it which I didn't get at first, especially if I'm alone and just listening to chill music. Basically I cant stop thinking about that I'm thinking and I also get throwbacks to places/situations where I took nitrous before.

To be honest n2o should just be used as a party drug with friends or to boost other drugs like cannabis and mdma. It's a nice feeling but ultimately it's not a very powerful experience when you've done it a lot of times like I have.

I should have taken something like 100 to 150. I was speaking Ive this effect only when I'm high, it's kind of thought loops wich develop always the same way. Ive no after effect from it atm

This thread is old but OP, if you're not aware of the writings of William James (arguably the first psychedelic philosopher) on nitrous oxide, you should check them out.

^ The thread is not too old so thanks bindingaffinity. And thanks the the link in the 5-bromo-dmt link on marine drugs too. All good info.

Nitrous on psychedelics is incredible, nitrous by itself is just a quick buzz. But yeah, I always have the same trip except it goes deeper each time, when I do nitrous on psychedelics. Nitrous is a hell of a drug, hands down the most profound place I've been, but I can only ever remember the tiniest bits.

When people would describe to me DMT, I always thought it sounded a lot like my experiences with LSD and nitrous.

The visuals were always these colored blobs and had no definition to them, obviously, unlike DMT. I would often enter into dream like states, where I would either relive past memories or similar happenings. I often thought that I had died, and was disappointed as I came out of it.

My friends often said I stayed under longer than everyone else.

It is profound indeed, and like Xorkoth suggested, rather shallow and boring on its own

Nitrous on psychedelics is incredible, nitrous by itself is just a quick buzz. But yeah, I always have the same trip except it goes deeper each time, when I do nitrous on psychedelics. Nitrous is a hell of a drug, hands down the most profound place I've been, but I can only ever remember the tiniest bits.

This. On psychs nitrous is amazing and very profound. And every time the same for me too. It's always difficult to remember, but it boils down to the euphoric realisation that all of existence, including the self, is a result of direct opposites. Creation and destruction, life and death, oneness and allness etc... But not in words. I seem to see, feel, and even become these opposite concepts and then realise that the fabric of reality is constructed from them. From the tension between contradicting principles and forces, right where they interact. Everything and nothing are the same things. It's a very simple and euphoric realisation. Existence itself is the ultimate contradiction. And then this deep knowing fades away into a vage memory when the nitrous wears of.

It is amazing how something like LSD can potentiate nitrous to be almost a whole new experience. I had 4 root canals at once some years back. I was young enough to where I was able to take acid at work (pumping gas) and go about my day. (not sure I can do that now :) ) So this day at 8:00 am took a blotter and went to work. I had the dental procedure at 2:00 PM. So it was past the peak. I went to the dentist. He puts on the nitrous, lifts off my headphones and explains he is putting it on the highest he can. It was one of those dentists that had music and headphones too. (that day I picked the Beatles) I was done at 4:15. But the profoundness has no words. I thought I died at one point and I just kept existing. A very profound experience. 2 hours and 15 minutes of nitrous on high while on LSD.

Funny enough I went back to work that day as I had the night shift at the gas station. My partner had to run home for something, it took him an hour. So there I am still high at 8:00PM. The station was off I-10 in Houston. So there I am by myself and about 100 motorcycles come roaring in to gas up. It was the Bandidos. There I am a little nervous. But over the course of 50 minutes these guys gassed up one by one and came in to give me the money for their gas. Very peaceful. But wow. :) Some things I will never forget. I then popped some of the percocet they gave me and went home.

Last Tuesday I combined a heavy dose of LSD with an average dose of mdma and about 25 nitrous balloons over the course of a night, mind blowing. Writing a report now

i don?t do nitrous a crazy amount but every time I hit a balloon I have these fucking like epiphany?s and each one is like a puzzle piece but then I forget 80% of them seconds after or i conclude that they actually made no sense. I can?t exactly describe it the way it feels. Very hard to explain. I get thoughts like I?m cracking the code to life or some shit. Like when I?m on nitrous I?m god almost. Like that movie limitless with Bradley Cooper. What the fuck does it do to you damn. Do we know? I half honesty feel like if I kept doing nitrous I could figure out the secret of life or some shit dude. Or figure out what it does to you and your brain and your soul. Idk if they know what exactly happens pschye-wise/spiritually during a nitrous trip, but it fucking speaks to me when I inhale it. Lmao.

More nitrous = another piece of the puzzle. Entertaining at best, but still feels so wild man.

Intrigued to hear if anyone experiences anything similar.

Woo my favorite topic!

Interestingly, i was having a conversation with a friend of mine at a festival the other weekend that got sort of cut off, but we were discussing raving/partying and the different ways in which music is consumed in this sort of setting. He's a big fan of all night house/techno sort of events, where its like 6+ hours of this continuous beat and how for that type of music is less about the individual songs than it is the bigger picture, the full set.

But anyways, on topic, he was saying something about how yeah it sucks that doing MDMA continuously over the course of a night like this is awful for you, because he thinks its fantastic due to its ability to produce loops towards the end of the roll/if you just keep doing bits for extended periods of time. I need to ask him more about this, but this kind of made sense to me. For the last year I haven't taken MDMA, but i've tripped quite a few times and done a lot of nitrous with it. And while nitrous+psych produced a profound experience most of the time, it isn't nearly as all-consuming and looping into infinity as nitrous+psych+MDMA, it wasn't quite as powerful of an experience. Or at least, not as powerful as my post-candlyflip balloons that are more or less as powerful as blast off DMT for me.

I was wondering if anyone had any info on MDMA and thought loops, I'll ask him to clarify this but it really resonated with me, cause I think that has something to do with why the candyflip whipit is so powerful; it always begins with a looping that through looping for infinity, becomes something entirely new.

And yeah spillet, thats exactly how it is for me if i take it after a candyflip. Doing doubles, or if you've got quite a large balloon, triples or quads (with oxygen between of course!), I've been able to live what seemed like entire lifetimes as different versions of myself leaving me speechless for hours after.

My favorite time/place for nitrous is after a long night of raving in the forest on MDMA+LSD, come back to camp in the early light of morning and laying in my hammock, looking up through the pine trees. The tree branches overlapping all the way up create these insanely beautiful fractal patterns with 1 charger, with more than 1, these fractals give way to the beyond.

But as everyone else has said, nitrous is completely useless to me if i'm not at least tripping. Which is nice since it sort of removes any abuse potential for me at least.

Last edited: