• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alternatives to benzos for anxiety?

Phase0)))

Bluelighter
So what are some good alternatives for severe anxiety? I cant take benzos because I'm a recovering addict. I've tried multiple forms of Kava, baclofen and clonidine, gabapentin, etc. Nothing really works. I am becoming very panicky, and I'm even contemplating 5150'ing myself because it's getting so bad. But I want to see if there's anything else? Like any safe analouges? Would very much appreciate any suggestions because I'm fucking losing it.

exercise
cut out caffeine and fruitjuices
mediate

][[ and then there;s non -benzo anxiolytics such as: prome zine, hydroxyzine hydrochloride, busiprone and mirtazipine to naME a few

So what are some good alternatives for severe anxiety? I cant take benzos because I'm a recovering addict. I've tried multiple forms of Kava, baclofen and clonidine, gabapentin, etc. Nothing really works. I am becoming very panicky, and I'm even contemplating 5150'ing myself because it's getting so bad. But I want to see if there's anything else? Like any safe analouges? Would very much appreciate any suggestions because I'm fucking losing it.

Sadly, benzos are really the only silver bullet when it comes to anxiety. And ones you mentioned are ones I would suggest; mainly clonidine. That helps me a little bit in the absence of benzos. Other than that, maybe try exploring some herbal stuff. Ashwagandha for example may help, although I tried it several times recently and it did nothing.

I too suffer from crippling anxiety so I feel your pain. Idk what I'd do without my klonopin script...

Thank you sir for the reply. I have cut out caffeine, I am meditating and working my steps and I workout and diet pretty hard. I have made significant progress but it's still almost unbearable. I hate hydroxazine and other antihistamines. They make me tired as heck and depressed. Buspar and mirtazipine also didn't help and I was on both for awhile. :/

Kava, clonidine, baclofen, pregabalin and gabapentin come to mindo. Kava has a very mild withdrawal and seems to not form as much tolerance, as quickly as benzos.

It's worth checking if you can get Baclofen, pregabaline or gabapentin preceive off labEl.

Benzodiazepines are the only true treatment for anxiety. They are safe and effective. There is no reason whatsoever why you cannot or should not be treated with benzos: being a 'recovering addict' is not a valid justification for being denied the medication group. If you use them only to treat anxiety, you are fully entitled to be treated. There is a 'tidal wave' of misinformation out there about the medication, such as it being inevitable that you become physically dependent and will suffer a 'withdrawal' syndrome on cessation. Most people that cease the medication incorrectly blame the re-emergence of the original anxiety on 'withdrawal' from the medication. One of the great assets of benzos is that they are effective on an as-needed basis. Hang in there, there is an answer for anxiety (benzodiazepines) and you have every right to be treated for a serious disorder.

Benzos are the medicine for the symptoms but dont treat the underlying cause. Psychological help must be included to give non medicinal coping mechanisms and a good mental health plan in combination with occasional benzo help is the best for anxiety. Addiction is a massive problem and makes anxiety worse if you just rely on them

opiates especially tramadol but typical ones like oxycodone and morpgine Deffo help but addiction is too strong take a few 30 codeine
natural alternatives are strong valerian root capsules I recommend getting the ones mixed with passion flower.
also is say alcohol like bensos but very short acting

opiates especially tramadol but typical ones like oxycodone and morpgine Deffo help but addiction is too strong take a few 30 codeine
natural alternatives are strong valerian root capsules I recommend getting the ones mixed with passion flower.
also is say alcohol like bensos but very short acting

Lol. HezzaD it seems you didn't catch the point that OP is in recovery and avoiding drugs. If your life is out of control due to anxiety it makes sense for you to talk to your doctor about all of your concerns. Citalapram (celexa) is a SSRI that works on anxiety. This is your life and only you and your doctor know what is right for you. Not people from programs. They are well meaning however I've met extremists who think taking antidepressants is using. It is your business and if you are worried about being judged then only share with your sponsor and then only if you feel safe. ✌

sorry didn't read topic properly I notice duloxetine Ian only anti depressant what ever helped on 3omg a day urn also makes opiates except codeine lAston hour or two more

Thank you guys for the replies, I wish I could use opiates but heroin was my main drug of choice and what really brought me to my knees.

Honestly I think I might just end up getting some clonazolam or some other analouge. This is unbearable. I have tried praying on my knees today and I went to 2 meetings. My thoughts are racing so fast, it physically hurts my head. I cannot stop clenching my teeth that my jaw hurts very bad. I can't stop thinking. Now, it seems like getting some dope is my only option since it's available immediately. I only say that because I can't bear to think what suicide would do to my family. But right now I'm cornered and out of breath. I don't know what to do. I really dont.

Clonozolam is some evil stuff man.

Magnesium Glycinate
Meditate
Exercise
Nature
Sex

zinc magnesium is great get a good quality one high strength fish or krill oil valerian root and exercise even a ten minute walk a day and vitamin d supplements hermit or non hermit

Thank you guys for the replies, I wish I could use opiates but heroin was my main drug of choice and what really brought me to my knees.

Honestly I think I might just end up getting some clonazolam or some other analouge. This is unbearable. I have tried praying on my knees today and I went to 2 meetings. My thoughts are racing so fast, it physically hurts my head. I cannot stop clenching my teeth that my jaw hurts very bad. I can't stop thinking. Now, it seems like getting some dope is my only option since it's available immediately. I only say that because I can't bear to think what suicide would do to my family. But right now I'm cornered and out of breath. I don't know what to do. I really dont.

Just a thought- Nature's own version of valium is called Gaba. This is something that you can get at a vitamin store, not your local Wal-Green's. You can get it straight, just pure Gaba, or you can get it mixed with B vitamins. Gaba by itself will make you sleepy, but if you are looking to sleep and can't shut of the brain, this would be the time to take it in the straight formula. If you need it during the day, take it with the B vitamins. The psychiatrist that I went to to help me quit somiking suggested it as a way to help relieve the stress without the need for nicotine. It really does work! It also is considered acceptable to 90% of the people I know from the rooms, so your clean time is safe! You can find it on line, the psychiatrist told me that it is hard to find good Gaba, suggesting the brand 'Pure Encapsulations' is the only one that should be purchased. I have used other brands, namely 'Now', however they were not as effective as the Pure. I wish you the best of luck! Stay strong!

This is unbearable. I have tried praying on my knees today and I went to 2 meetings. My thoughts are racing so fast, it physically hurts my head. I cannot stop clenching my teeth that my jaw hurts very bad. I can't stop thinking. Now, it seems like getting some dope is my only option since it's available immediately. I only say that because I can't bear to think what suicide would do to my family. But right now I'm cornered and out of breath. I don't know what to do. I really dont.

have you spoken to anyone about these thoughts? a doctor or a councellor? this sounds like its really effecting you - you might do better on SSRIs or something along those lines

Oh believe me I totally understand what you are dealing with. In any case I'll get right to the alternative remedies that can help aid you in alleviating your symptoms.
Valerian root extract and Passion flower extract work great with chamomile tea, ginger and turmeric( one of thee most powerful anti-inflammatorys in the world). These supplements tend to help me with my anxiety but need to be taken consistently for a good while(weeks/months maybe).

You have to ask yourself," Do I want to have to keep taking these addictive benzos for God knows how long?!" Staying hydrated is key, in fact if you feel about of anxiety coming on just chug a tall glass of water. It works! Focus on some breathing techniques, meditation and excercise.
I promise you it will all seem like a lifetime ago you had these issues coming off of benzoz. Stay strong and always remember YOU are NOT alone. Peace and God Bless!! One Love!

Yeah there's no good alternatives in the sense of RC's or analog for any benzo. If you're an addict you can't go near any of it. Trust me I know.
Gabapeptin should work, maybe your dose needed to be higher?
What about seroquel?
Exercise, eating healthy, getting enough sleep, living well, and finding healthy ways to cope with the underlying reason behind your anxiety. CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) worked for me a lot. Also, cannabis can be good depending on the strain. Seriously it takes a while to deal with a lot of the stress and shit, but if you stick to it things will get better. I've been locked up i the psych ward 3 times because my anxiety was so bad I just wanted to die. But thongs can get better. I was on Xanax for 5 years at 4-10mg a day and klonopin for 2 years at 6mg a day. Hope you're doing ok. Good vibes. Peace,

sorry didn't read topic properly I notice duloxetine Ian only anti depressant what ever helped on 3omg a day urn also makes opiates except codeine lAston hour or two more

yeah duloxetine is a somewhat sedating ssri (for me at least), mirtazipine too
and has anyone mentioned clonidine yet? cause clonidine

anxiety really is awful. I feel for you mate as I still suffer from this even though I have come along way in regards to my own but at times I'm so frail and right there on a knife edge just dangling over and nearly being consumed. Exercising and eating healithy are not to be taken lightly they do huge for the body and mind in my opinion and as from previous people posting also recommending it. Cut out tobacco, caffenine, excessive drinking and other drug taking.

Find a hobby or something and commit to it.

Wishing for you to get better. Stay strong and keep the faith as my old man use to say. Peace.