• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alternative to Lexapro, feel like I lost my identity

adhdanon

Greenlighter
clonzepam with adderall is what im using now to study, but seems like anxiety and depression i can't escape from. Also, dark circles under my eyes only appear off lexapro, is there another antidepressant that doesnt destroy libido and personality, that may make me look healthier while i try to pass the bar exam a 4th time? tried vyvanse need the NE from adderall, so evekeo is only alternative except dexedrine spansules are decent.

have you considered that the anx and dep might stem from your use of uppers and downers? just a thought.
and i always found sertraline worked for me fine, just recently made the switch to duloxetine tho

Conazepam and adderall sort of counteract each other, so it's not a great idea to take them both at the same time for studying. Id reccomend taking adderall IR to study, then using the clonazepam after for the anxiety. Take the IR 4 hours before you plan to stop studying, unless you're going to study for over 4 hours. Clonazepam takes a while to kick in, but the time varies, so take it alone once and measure the amount of time it took to kick in, then take it before you stop studying so it kicks in right when you're done. Anyway, about the lexepro, the effects of different SSRIs on the same person can drastically vary, so there's chance another could work. IMO SSRIs are pretty shitty drugs though. they take a month to start working, most will make you misreble until you find there right one (if there is a right one), all of them kill your libido and cause temporary erectile dysfunction, they cause sedation, and can cause pretty much any negative emotion there is. You should try a different kind of antidepressant. Effexor is the only one that worked for me, it's an SNRI (N meaning nerepinephren). According to my psychiatrist, it has the highest success rate out of all traditional pharmaceutical antidepressants. It also doesn't have any sexualy related side effects. There's also welbutrin, it's an SDRI (dopamine). It has a pretty high success rate, but its also really dangerous. It can cause seizures in prescribed doses without any other drugs with it. Along with adderall, the chance of seizures is significantly higher. In your case, id reccomend it as a last resort, even after trying something like IV ketamine. You could try 5-HTP too. Its OTC, pretty safe, and really effective compared to its safety. It works on serotonin, but differently than SSRIs do. I take it, and I mean I'm on like 8 or 9 other prescribed meds, but it definitely does help too.

ave you ever tried Cymbalta nancy? just started on it and would like some ppl's experiences - so far its all good with me but i literally started taking it last evening.

Its sounds to me like your miserable and forcing what you think you should do down day after day and i dont will help that. I say this because i notice you "while i try to pass" already sounding like your expecting misery before it even happens." This bar exam for the forth time "

If you said I love law and is there a pill o can take because sometimes i get too depressed to study what i am passionate about then id say it might help.

Just a thought im no dr. Phil im talking out of my 21 year old head here.

There are tons of antidepressants out there.
Tell your doctor what you specifically dislike about lexapro and they can recommend something they think will have a different affect.
Personally I've always liked Prozac.

just a random idea... my aunt recently started taking white kratom for depression since her psychiatrist and psychologist aren't covered by Medicare. She just recently retired and thus switched from employer insurance. She also told me about a free self help thing she was using inconjuction with therapy called mood workout i think or maybe it was mood gym something like that.

ave you ever tried Cymbalta nancy? just started on it and would like some ppl's experiences - so far its all good with me but i literally started taking it last evening.
I haven't, sorry. My current cocktail of meds is working pretty well for my depression and anxiety so I don't wanna change anything related to those. My depression is mostly seasonal though, so right now is the best time of year for it, but if it gets bad in the winter I'll keep cymbalta in mind.