• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Alternative Herbs

AFAIK the skullcap...isn't that the one related to 'indian warrior' ?

If so then I believe the actives to be resinous in nature, so quite likely low oral bioavailability and low water solubilty. If this is the correct plant, then I'd smoke it rather than drink tea made from it, which is probably a waste.

Salvia Nemorosa is easier to attain than any legal high from the internet and is as strong or stronger than any non weed or psychedelic plant. It's ubiquitous, seems to lack toxicity, and is probably growing in your yard already.

I have bought ashwagandha extract. Ashwagandha is Withania somnifera or Indian ginseng. Is like corean ginseng but relaxing instead of stimulant. It gives vitality, relieves stress and anxiety, makes you sleep better, is a mood equalizer and mood booster, is good for blood sugar and arterial tension and too is aphrodisiac as well as cognitive enhancement. I have a bottle of capsules each with 500mg of ashwagandha extract standardized at 1'5% which is 7'5mg of active compounds per capsule. Anyone know this plant? I would like to read experiences. Thanks

Indian Warrior has a nice mild high, but is one of the strongest of these types of herbs I've ever used and the first time I smoked it I was shocked out how strong an effect it had.

Last night I took one hit before bed and it knocked me out.

It smokes so smoothely and tastes so nice it really feels like it was intended to be smoked, and I've tried many of these herbs with no effect, so I'd strongly recommend it to anyone who wants a nice legal high.

It would be hard to compare it to anything, but one interesting effect is that if you are the type of person like me who sometimes gets anxious when smoking weed, if you combine it with Indian Warrior and I.W. will almost entirely counteract the negative effects of the weed.

It's a fascinating plant that I'd like to see more research done on and I'm surprised it's slipped under the radar all these years.

No one even introduced me to it, I just found it online one day, so I really feel like I discovered something nice and it was a really cool feeling to discover something obscure like that.

I know it has a history of some Indian tribes using it, but I want to see research done it's chemical constituents to find out what's in it, and to learn more about it's history.

There is a really good psycoactive herb for smoke that is inhebriant mint (Lagochilus inebrians) which active compound is an alkaloid called lagochiline but online vendors sell fake herb which are other species of Lagochilus without lagochiline but there are some vendors that sell real herb and its price is high. Inhebriant mint is sedative and euphoric

There is a really good psycoactive herb for smoke that is inhebriant mint (Lagochilus inebrians) which active compound is an alkaloid called lagochiline but online vendors sell fake herb which are other species of Lagochilus without lagochiline but there are some vendors that sell real herb and its price is high. Inhebriant mint is sedative and euphoric

They call it the Intoxicating Mint. I have some of it and I know it's authentic stuff and I smoked it a couple times but it was very mild. I know it's suggested make tea with it, but I never did, and it's probably 5 of 6 years old in a ziplock bag, so do you think it could still be potent?

How would you even suggest making a tea with it?

Honestly, I suck so much at cooking I'm not even sure how to LOL...though most likely I just throw it in a pot until boiling and leave it for a while right?

Lagochiline is not an alkaloid. Whilst many plant products with powerful actions upon the body are alkaloids (and glycosides, some of which, although not all, have nitrogenous aglycone portions), not all are, in this case, lagochilin is a terpene and contains no nitrogen, all alkaloids contain a basic nitrogen in some form or another, either as an amine, or as part of a heterocycle, such as in a pyridine, pyrrolidine, pyrrolizidine, indole etc. ring system. If it has no basic nitrogen, it is not an alkaloid. Good examples of non-nitrogenous bioactive plant (or animal) constituents include the terpenoids salvinorin-A, and the (highly toxic) cardioactive cardenolide (plant produced) and bufadienolide (almost universally animal products, toad venoms usually, although one plant, Scilla maritima, produces bufadienolide type cardiac steroids), these, such as oleandrin, strophanthins, and the drug from Digitalis (foxgloves) slow the heartbeat and increase its force. They are highly toxic in excess but some have found use in medicine.

Also often, they find use as arrow or dart poisons, and can be capable of taking down quite large animals when used this way.

Ok, I don't know what it is or it isn't scientifically speaking lol, I'm still wondering whether or not people think my Intoxicating Mint leaves might still be good after all these years and how to make a good tea out of them.

Indian Warrior is just scullcap, am I reading correctly?

I stand by my personal work where scullcap was far more potent for sleep than anything other than cannabis. Valerian a distant third, the rest junk.

m

Indian Warrior has a nice mild high, but is one of the strongest of these types of herbs I've ever used and the first time I smoked it I was shocked out how strong an effect it had.

It smokes so smoothely and tastes so nice it really feels like it was intended to be smoked, and I've tried many of these herbs with no effect, so I'd strongly recommend it to anyone who wants a nice legal high.

It would be hard to compare it to anything, but one interesting effect is that if you are the type of person like me who sometimes gets anxious when smoking weed, if you combine it with Indian Warrior and I.W. will almost entirely counteract the negative effects of the weed.

It's a fascinating plant that I'd like to see more research done on and I'm surprised it's slipped under the radar all these years.

No one even introduced me to it, I just found it online one day, so I really feel like I discovered something nice and it was a really cool feeling to discover something obscure like that.

I know it has a history of some Indian tribes using it, but I want to see research done it's chemical constituents to find out what's in it, and to learn more about it's history.

Valerian is an interesting one. Active as a GABAa agonist, at the loreclezole binding site. I've found its best use to be taking before sleep, as an oneirogen, its capable of, at high doses, of inducing the most intense, vivid dreams I've ever had. More like being on a rollercoaster than sleeping, its intense enough to be comparable to a psychedelic taken while awake. Can be a bit of a psychic buffeting, but its easily worth the sheer intensity of the oneirogenic effect of high doses (I usually use two boxes of high dose extract tablets), although there is a tachyphylaxis effect, that prevents overuse, tolerance to oneirogenic effects develops within a single dose, two at the absolute most on consecutive nights, and it seems to decrease near as fast as it takes hold.

There's also a burning sensation if you take too much of the whole herb. Extract is the way to go for high doses. It's one of the only plants known to agonize BZD subunit on GABA-A. Good to have around.

Valerian is an interesting one. Active as a GABAa agonist, at the loreclezole binding site. I've found its best use to be taking before sleep, as an oneirogen, its capable of, at high doses, of inducing the most intense, vivid dreams I've ever had. More like being on a rollercoaster than sleeping, its intense enough to be comparable to a psychedelic taken while awake. Can be a bit of a psychic buffeting, but its easily worth the sheer intensity of the oneirogenic effect of high doses (I usually use two boxes of high dose extract tablets), although there is a tachyphylaxis effect, that prevents overuse, tolerance to oneirogenic effects develops within a single dose, two at the absolute most on consecutive nights, and it seems to decrease near as fast as it takes hold.

A very interesting herb to get high is kanna (Sceletium tortuosum). It is an african herb that can be take in infusion, sublingually, smoked or snorted. I have taken kanna, extract UC2 and extract ET2 ever snorted. ET2 extract is a free vegetal stuff with a very high level of mesembrine made specifically to be snorted. I recommend buy online ET2 kanna extract and snort it. Kanna produces a high with sedation, euphoria and lack of concerns

Very interesting. I never heard of this before, but the little bit of research that I did just now looks like its probably legit. It looks as though it has a very long history of use as well, which of course is a good sign (though obviously not a guarantee) safety wise as well. By far, the most intense legally available substance that I have used is morning glory seeds. In fact, I have had some of my strongest trips on this that were just as strong as my LSD and mushroom experiences. While the seeds themselves aren't more dangerous than other classical psychedelics, some companies coat the seeds with pesticides that can be extremely harmful if ingested. So, you need to research and/or ask the company whether or not a manufacturer coats their morning glory seeds with anything.

Last edited:
IIRC valerian doesn't target the BZD sensitive binding sites, but the loreclezole site. I'd LOVE to one day, add loreclezole to my list of synthetic targets and whip some up to see if it too has, potentially more potent and controllable similar effects.

Indian Warrior is just scullcap, am I reading correctly?

I stand by my personal work where scullcap was far more potent for sleep than anything other than cannabis. Valerian a distant third, the rest junk.

m

No, Indian Warrior is entirely different from scullcap and is a plant called Pedicularis Densiflora.

Lots of people know about Scullcap but very few people know about Indian Warrior.

Not sure how you got the two confused.

A very interesting herb to get high is kanna (Sceletium tortuosum). It is an african herb that can be take in infusion, sublingually, smoked or snorted. I have taken kanna, extract UC2 and extract ET2 ever snorted. ET2 extract is a free vegetal stuff with a very high level of mesembrine made specifically to be snorted. I recommend buy online ET2 kanna extract and snort it. Kanna produces a high with sedation, euphoria and lack of concerns

I'd really like to try it, but I'm on Lexapro and as I understand it's not safe to mix Kanna with SSRIs as it sort of is one.

It's not as good as Kratom though is it?

I have 3 papers on it, but they're from Russia and in Cyrillic. If you know anyone who can translate, I'd be happy to upload them. I really want to know myself.

Kratom, kanna (extract used nasally), and kava kava are like the classics.

I had mild effects from myrrh too. 10 or more grams in tea or eaten raw seems to work.

L-theanine worked too although not technically a herb. But it is a "herbal" extract :D People say its anxiolytic which it maybe was but more importantly it acted like an adaptogen/nootropic/pretty strong appetite suppressant.

Kaempferia galanga is rumoured to be a mild psychedelic.

Calamus root too but its notorious for giving people stomach cramps. But some people also claim that there are techniques to make it not painful :D

LSA seeds but those are kinda classic too. Although i wouldn't try those to get high, too scary side effects. There are some techniques to make it fine like with calamus but still i wouldn't xD

Akuamma seeds are supposed to be like kratom alternative.

I tried albizia julibrissin and it worked as a stimulant. Cant sleep if i take it in the afternoon. there were some mild mind altering effects too but not very much.

There were also mild but noticeable effects with passiflora incarnata. I boiled like 10-25 grams of it. It was mild but not placebo.

I would stay away from yohimbe that shit is not very safe.

I would also research interactions and dangers and shit before trying any of these if i were you. For example passiflora is MAOI.

Can Kaemferia Galanga be safely combined with an SSRI?

And how do you get Calamus to work?

Cause I tried chewing on some of that and I think it's an urban legend that anyone gets effects from it.

What poet was it that talked about loving it?

Walt Whitman?