• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Alternative Herbs

Can Kaemferia Galanga be safely combined with an SSRI?

And how do you get Calamus to work?

Cause I tried chewing on some of that and I think it's an urban legend that anyone gets effects from it.

What poet was it that talked about loving it?

Walt Whitman?

Calamus root is s other plant requiring fresh material for any real effects. The extracts are essentially inert, as is dried root. Fresh root is definitely psychoactive, but not quite psychedelic I'm.

Calamus root is s other plant requiring fresh material for any real effects. The extracts are essentially inert, as is dried root. Fresh root is definitely psychoactive, but not quite psychedelic I'm.

How would you use fresh root for effect?

Make a tea or chew on it or what?

I chewed it for a while, since the taste isn't too bad, then swallow what I chew. You get much better effects than just chewing the root. Fresh root is soft and crunchy, like a water chestnuts, but a little tougher,unlike the useless dried root.

The effects remind me of a threshold dose of 2c-c or allylescaline. Colors are enhanced, mild euphoria can be present. Even at +2 level doses do not alter patterns of thought are totally intact. If you can access truly fresh root, it's worth a go. If you have to get it online, get a live plant or don't bother.

I've heard pretty negative things about calamus though, strange physical side effects...? I can't quite recall though.

IIRC there are two different kinds of Calamus, which further muddies the water. IIRC one is psychoactive the other is not.