• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Alprazolam to Lorazepam

ALC1980

Greenlighter
I am a long time sufferer of severe panic disorder. I WAS taking up to 3mg of alprazolam a day until last month. I asked my doc to only prescribe me 60 (1mg up to twice a day as needed for panic).

Guess who ran out a week before my next refill? Obv I need more than 2mg a day....but until then here is my problem/question:

I have some 1mg Ativan. it's the weekend so I can't tt my doc.

Can I safely substitute the generic Xanax with the generic Ativan for the weekend?

I appreciate someone replying! I am literally terrified of dependency withdrawal, forcing me into the er, and being seen as a drug seeker. Literally torturing myself all day today fearful that if I take the generic Ativan it is going to somehow not work or harm my body in some way.

I appreciate someone replying! I am literally terrified of dependency withdrawal, forcing me into the er, and being seen as a drug seeker. Literally torturing myself all day today fearful that if I take the generic Ativan it is going to somehow not work or harm my body in some way.

You won't have any withdrawals from the Xanax since you have the Ativan. And it's only a couple of days. You're fine. Sounds like you have a good doctor as well so just work it out with him when you can.