• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Alprazolam - intense night sweats, but not with other benzos?

cropsos1620

Greenlighter
Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting, but I have been lurking around BL for some time now. I’m grateful to everyone here for sharing their wealth of knowledge, which has kept me out of trouble many times.

Question: why do I get intense night sweats and disrupted sleep after using alprazolam, but not with other benzos? Does anyone else get this? I don't mean a little sweating, more like withdrawal sweats where ya gotta change out of everything and when you get back into bed you're freezing... I've ruled out other factors, and it consistently occurs when I dose alp (1-2mg only). This side effect occurred from the beginning but I didn't make the connection until much later.

I'm prescribed alp 2mg nocte for insomnia. A large starting dose... it would always knock me the fuck out. Since being scheduled as a controlled drug here, more and more psychs won't Rx alp so I was very surprised when my GP wrote me a script for it at the highest available dosage. Shit, I didn't take it every night, though - my own experience and those of other BLers have taught me to limit my benzo usage to 1-2x/week. And on some weeks, none at all. When I asked the good doctor about the night sweats and rebound insomnia, he simply shrugged and switched me to temazepam :unsure:

Anyway, I don't get night sweats or rebound side effects with temazepam (40mg). I also have nitrazepam, diazepam, lorazepam... some of the more commonly prescribed benzos here in Aus. No intense sweats or rebound insomnia with those either: at worst a sedative hangover the next day, especially with nitraz and diaz. I find temazepam and diazepam euphoric, but not so much the others.

So, what the hell? For the time being I’ve shelved away the Alprax. However, I’m curious to learn why and if anyone else has experienced this nasty side effect (or perhaps with another benzo).

Cheers,
C

I wake up sweaty too….damp t-shirt, no covers

All at 7am….
Methadone 80mg daily
Ritalin 50-60mg

All at 6pm after work
Methadone 25mg
Valium 10mg tablets 3-5
Pregabalin 300mg
Cannabis Indica 10mg oil under tongue
Ethanol/ Jin 2oz cocktail X 3-4 (sometimes line of Coke before drink & smoke)
Etizolam 1mg hour before bed

Wake up sweaty when I should be Laxed and comfortable. Nope, Not until my Methadone 80mg & Ritlain 50mg, coffee and cigarette

thats because doctors aren't worth a shit. you go there to get a bill not a cure

do not form a dependance to benzos, it's just death. benzodiazepines induce sleep but reduce your ability to engage deep sleep.

"simply shrugged" lmfao. i hate doctors. 12 years + school + debt + 50 years of knowledge gathering/testing after synthesizing alprazolam and ole boys just "uhhh ionoo i just prescribe drugs i don't understand". bet if you went to another doc he'd have a different answer.

lmao. ahhh docs. anyways, i would say switch back to diazepam. if its for your insomnia you just need to induce sleep, a vally should be enough without thwarting the sleep process like stronger benzos do.

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time posting, but I have been lurking around BL for some time now. I’m grateful to everyone here for sharing their wealth of knowledge, which has kept me out of trouble many times.

Question: why do I get intense night sweats and disrupted sleep after using alprazolam, but not with other benzos? Does anyone else get this? I don't mean a little sweating, more like withdrawal sweats where ya gotta change out of everything and when you get back into bed you're freezing... I've ruled out other factors, and it consistently occurs when I dose alp (1-2mg only). This side effect occurred from the beginning but I didn't make the connection until much later.

I'm prescribed alp 2mg nocte for insomnia. A large starting dose... it would always knock me the fuck out. Since being scheduled as a controlled drug here, more and more psychs won't Rx alp so I was very surprised when my GP wrote me a script for it at the highest available dosage. Shit, I didn't take it every night, though - my own experience and those of other BLers have taught me to limit my benzo usage to 1-2x/week. And on some weeks, none at all. When I asked the good doctor about the night sweats and rebound insomnia, he simply shrugged and switched me to temazepam :unsure:

Anyway, I don't get night sweats or rebound side effects with temazepam (40mg). I also have nitrazepam, diazepam, lorazepam... some of the more commonly prescribed benzos here in Aus. No intense sweats or rebound insomnia with those either: at worst a sedative hangover the next day, especially with nitraz and diaz. I find temazepam and diazepam euphoric, but not so much the others.

So, what the hell? For the time being I’ve shelved away the Alprax. However, I’m curious to learn why and if anyone else has experienced this nasty side effect (or perhaps with another benzo).

Cheers,
C
Alprazolam aka Xanax is soooo Fast Acting it's awesome but only lasts for so long. Stick with the Temazepam if your truly looking for good sleep!

I wake up sweaty too….damp t-shirt, no covers

All at 7am….
Methadone 80mg daily
Ritalin 50-60mg

All at 6pm after work
Methadone 25mg
Valium 10mg tablets 3-5
Pregabalin 300mg
Cannabis Indica 10mg oil under tongue
Ethanol/ Jin 2oz cocktail X 3-4 (sometimes line of Coke before drink & smoke)
Etizolam 1mg hour before bed

Wake up sweaty when I should be Laxed and comfortable. Nope, Not until my Methadone 80mg & Ritlain 50mg, coffee and cigarette
Sounds like my kind of Day & Night. lol