• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos alprazolam and baclofen

T1gersxjaw

Bluelighter
So I'm getting so xanax from a friend, and he had some baclofen he wanted to get rid of so he basically gave me noprices, and I figured I'd try them. I love Somas, and I know that these things aren't gonna get me high like somas do, but if I used them with my xanax would they potentiate it? Or should I take a large dose, because I've heard they can get you a GABA like high... opinions?

Last edited by a moderator:
There's two types of GABA receptors, GABA-A which is where the "fun" GABA drugs act - benzos, barbs, etc. and GABA-B, where GHB, phenibut, and baclofen work. Alcohol works at both, I think. But they have separate effects, so saying a drug has "GABA type effects" is kind of vague.

I would save the baclofen for using them on their own. It can be tricky to get the dosing right and not everyone enjoys it. Baclofen is a much more potent analogue of phenibut, which people see to use because it's more widely available. While both do have intoxicating effects, if you overshoot the dose you can end up getting incredibly motion sick and having no fun at all, possibly even blacking out. Don't take a large dose (probably more than 80mg) all at once unless you want to be found unconcious, covered in vomit. Titrate your dose upwards, you have enough to do it.

Baclofen and phenibut are considered to be much less recreational, and have less abuse potential, than drugs like alcohol, GHB, and benzos.

Baclofen and phenibut both build a bitch of a tolerance very quickly too and while they're not recreational to most, they are extremely addictive. Cycle it with a few days on, a few days off at least to prevent the tolerance and withdrawal.

I've used phenibut for sleep. I've avoided baclofen because I've seen evidence that it was more addictive than phenibut and I had to watch myself with phenibut and it was in a supplement. I'd be screwed if I had the powder!

quit while your ahead. these gaba drugs create a world of problems, you are better off avoiding the baclofen. If you must, try it by itself at a dose of 50mg, dont get hooked it has hellish rebound. you have been warned

Last edited:
Slightly off topic but does baclofen really build tolerance and addiction as fast as phenibut? I've heard otherwise from baclofen users.

It works at the same receptor, it's just more potent. I don't see any reason it shouldn't. There are cases of dependency and withdrawal with both phenibut and baclofen.

quit while your ahead. these gaba drugs create a world of problems, you are better off avoiding the baclofen. If you must, try it by itself at a dose of 50mg, dont get hooked it has hellish rebound. you have been warned

^^This...I am currently going through it with Xanax WDs on prescribed doses after ignoring what I knew to be true just bc it was a great crutch for my anxiety. My body (gastrointestinal tract actually) is not doing good AT ALL with tapering off only 1mg/day after 3 years of use. I have been to the ER and had many tests done only to be figure out it was due to Xanax WDs and too fast of a taper (.25mg per 2 weeks). My gut is just really sensitive to benzos I guess or extra filled with receptors. If I could redo it I would never have used Xanax for sleep/anxiety daily. Bad idea along with any GABA drug used for daily anything. Just have some drinks on the weekend. Also, if you must use baclofen I believe you need to titrate up your doses each day and down when you are running out as someone else said. Its not like other muscle relaxers.

I think the phenibut tolerance builds quicker. This is just my experience tho. Everyone reacts differently to different substances. I prefer baclofen over phenibut!