• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Alprazolam aka Xanax withdrawal questions

Damn one does know a great deal of substances, mico. Surely this is not exclusive to you but I read it with focus (as much as i can) and learn something in all.
What was/is field of interest/study?
I know (usually) what a chemical can and/or will do but not why or how.
Thanks for expounding where one can learn a bit once in a while.
Peace

Since Monday

Well, before I went to bed Sunday. I had Rx for Adderall and Xanax since March... I’ve been on a wild ride the last 2 years esp the last 2 months, since my one and only time in rehab. Long story short- I was psychotic the last 2 weeks- and need to be sober before I lose everything. The anxiety is just crippling.

The anxiety is just crippling.
damn bro. am in a little over my head ATM but functional. havent been here in a coulple days.
scared to ask if one isfeeling better today but knowing this is unlikely... wishing the best.
so sorry to hear the head is fucked. hate that shit, man. makes everything almost impossible to deal with.
will check back as am at work for a bit.
is all this from the benzo, you think or more factors?

damn bro. am in a little over my head ATM but functional. havent been here in a coulple days.
scared to ask if one isfeeling better today but knowing this is unlikely... wishing the best.
so sorry to hear the head is fucked. hate that shit, man. makes everything almost impossible to deal with.
will check back as am at work for a bit.
is all this from the benzo, you think or more factors?
Got a month under my belt! Those first 2 weeks were brutal, but I’m coming around. My brain is starting to work again and the anxiety has lessened. Thank god for the “rooms” physically attending helped so much and I grabbed a sponsor for real this time in. I know for me, I need physical presence in my life with others to keep me in a good path. No isolation. How u doing

shiiiiit been a minute from benzos. maybe month or two. bout time for those diazapams to roll around. lol
glad you made it through. i get a bit anxious at times but there is a lot of shit i gotta be present for ATM. also been fuckin up on some crack cocaine a bit but think it's about played it's course as i see money going back in the bank. feeling pretty in the moment as only thing been going on is a little phenibut a coupla times a week, some (3-600mg day) gabapentin for the nerve sh*t in spine, 220-240mg naproxen a day (depending on pain level), coffee/cigs, a few puffs of green here & there and thasaboutit. I would consider this as base as it gets for this ol' boy. ;)
Thanks for getting back, though: It just reminded me how long it's been since alp or diaz. no wonder i been feeling decent recently.... ha
congrats
be easy and see ya round (?).
peace

Update I ended up in the hospital and almost died so the doctor said I obviously had enough stored to keep withdrawals away so I’m back on my full dose again sorry I disappeared I literally was fighting death

Going from 4mg xanax -> 25mg diazepam left me seizuring after smoking bong the first days.
Though anxiety will never be as high as it was during tapering so I feel fucking free.

Update I ended up in the hospital and almost died so the doctor said I obviously had enough stored to keep withdrawals away so I’m back on my full dose again sorry I disappeared I literally was fighting death
Thanx for getting back at us with the final evaluation, you are not unique in a way you wont WD. So after the last Alprazolam was released from body reserves you were literally in danger, you got yourself to the hospital or did it come as a suprise when it evt came?

Glad you are ok DirtyMonger

Thanx for getting back at us with the final evaluation, you are not unique in a way you wont WD. So after the last Alprazolam was released from body reserves you were literally in danger, you got yourself to the hospital or did it come as a suprise when it evt came?

Glad you are ok DirtyMonger
I started sweating and shaking and having heart racing and felt panicked so I rushed in because I felt like a seizure was gonna come on and on the way there I had a seizure and had seizures in the icu until I was stabilized

So I have taken heroic doses of Xanax in excess of 100mg in a single dose doesn’t sound even possible but yeah we had a large quantity of pure powder form and we went bananas. I am also prescribed it for a major panic disorder brought on by heroin and meth abuse. I abruptly said fuck Xanax and decided it’s time to stop the time traveling days and not knowing my birthday has passed and quit cold turkey. So can someone please answer me this, I haven’t had a single withdrawal symptom at all and I mean at all. I’m so freaked out and read other forums of the nightmares this causes and me being prescribed 180mg a month for 5 years mixed in with my ungodly doses I was doing for fun why haven’t I felt anything no rebound anxiety no extra panic attacks besides the regular will this get worse with time and am I still In seizure territory?? I do use opiates daily still and I honestly think that’s probably why but if anyone has any input I would absolutely love to know why this is thanks and have a lovely day
In the first forum here I just posted my opinion on the best benzo for withdrawing (hint: it's diclazepam.) But damn, the only time I've exceeded 100mg of alprazolam, also in powder form, it was bunk junk from China.

I started sweating and shaking and having heart racing and felt panicked so I rushed in because I felt like a seizure was gonna come on and on the way there I had a seizure and had seizures in the icu until I was stabilized
Fuck it's a scary thing when you've had one before and then you know that you're about to have another one and you've got about 5 seconds to hit the ground before you lose control. Hope you're well

If what I read about seizure's and the state generally labeled as a black out.

Unvolentary jerking, weird hallucination's and such is basickly a type of epeleptic seizure. Quite dangerous as you go down in a sec. The are scary at best, so they are like the start of a wd seizure.

Gaba and Humanity

This is just shocking , I mean just almost not believable ( not saying ur lying) but I sometimes take too many of my klonopin,and by the time my script is filled I'm climbing the walls ,pacing and just having panic attacks ,can't concentrate on anything. I get kratom to feel somewhat better but dang u are lucky!

sweating and shaking and having heart racing and felt panicked
i call that "buggin"" and been there a few times from benzo abuse. no longer will i subject myself to this head-fuckery... i got enough freakin problems without adding WDs from benzos which is the worst for me.
as much as i love my alp and diaz i love my sanity a little more and use responsibly. not really... i eat em up fast so i dont build dependence. you were at some extremely high dosages IME and am glad you got help in time. shit is heaven and hell.
i can only hope you are doing a little better now.
dont recall anyone every not having to pay a price for heavy benzodiazepine usage. ever.
i gotta admit i wanted to be where you were with that bag of alpazolam but super glad i wasnt. if there is a next time have a plan of tapering off before its gone. this would help immensely.
til next time....
peace

Last edited: