• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Alprazolam aka Xanax withdrawal questions

DirtMonger

Greenlighter
So I have taken heroic doses of Xanax in excess of 100mg in a single dose doesn’t sound even possible but yeah we had a large quantity of pure powder form and we went bananas. I am also prescribed it for a major panic disorder brought on by heroin and meth abuse. I abruptly said fuck Xanax and decided it’s time to stop the time traveling days and not knowing my birthday has passed and quit cold turkey. So can someone please answer me this, I haven’t had a single withdrawal symptom at all and I mean at all. I’m so freaked out and read other forums of the nightmares this causes and me being prescribed 180mg a month for 5 years mixed in with my ungodly doses I was doing for fun why haven’t I felt anything no rebound anxiety no extra panic attacks besides the regular will this get worse with time and am I still In seizure territory?? I do use opiates daily still and I honestly think that’s probably why but if anyone has any input I would absolutely love to know why this is thanks and have a lovely day

Couldn't imagine one not going through some serious head-fuckery at some point.
Possible the body is saturated?
Possible one will not have WDs?
Who knows? We will see....
Please keep us posted?
Will follow as this is interesting.

Couldn't imagine one not going through some serious head-fuckery at some point.
Possible the body is saturated?
Possible one will not have WDs?
Who knows? We will see....
Please keep us posted?
Will follow as this is interesting.
I got you definitely I read another post idk what happened and this kid had a very similar experience but then ghosted so idk but I will post daily and let everyone know.

So update I’m actually feeling even better today clear mind a lot of energy and I’m in an exceptional mood this has been one of my most anticipated scares and so far I feel like I just pulled a “neo” I’m having a little trouble staying asleep but that would be expected of any depressant. I will keep updates every day for the next 7 days at 3pm my time and then 2 times a week for the following 3 weeks and let everyone know my progress thanks for the readers and I hope that this is an interesting read as it’s been an extremely interesting experience. I have been taking some supplements and like I said opiates daily and will post a full list of my supplements and vitamins and maybe we can find a way to dampen this horrible withdrawal for everyone and that would fucking be miracle work and be what I know this website is about which is harm reduction and drug education. If you have any suggestions or comments or contradictions please feel free to post here and let’s get this figured out.

I thank you for taking the time to update.
I truely hope there are no issues as if they do arise it will be hell. Opiates help me a little when going through alprazalom WD but benzos are a different beast and at least 10x the agony, IMO/E. I tread very lightly when fuckin with benzos these days.
Will look forward to the list of substances used and any more updates to this.
Super glad I didn't come back to read that there wasn't a stright-jacket in the rubber room with ya. ;)
Much love,
Ptah

I just gotta say you must be a 1 out of a million case if you can essentially "chip" the withdrawal at those doses and for that long. Consider yourself seriously blessed and thank God because my suggestion for someone coming off such serious amounts of Alprazolam would be an extensive long taper and doctor supervision. Most people would have had numerous seizures and possibly died by now. Like I said, consider yourself blessed my friend.

100mg of Aprazolam... there is a 0.1% chance it was pure at that dose and about the same percentage you wouldn't have seizures going cold turkey from doses like that. Being prescribed 6mg a day for 5 years is enough for "seizure territory" cold turkey, I'm surprised no Moderators have stepped in. Whether true or not, NOBODY reading this ever go cold turkey off of Xanax in any dosage even nearing what the OP is claiming. Good luck.

100mg of Aprazolam... there is a 0.1% chance it was pure at that dose and about the same percentage you wouldn't have seizures going cold turkey from doses like that. Being prescribed 6mg a day for 5 years is enough for "seizure territory" cold turkey, I'm surprised no Moderators have stepped in. Whether true or not, NOBODY reading this ever go cold turkey off of Xanax in any dosage even nearing what the OP is claiming. Good luck.

This is not true and everyone is unique when it comes to genetics. I have come close to taking 50 mg of etizolam on complete accident, benzos have an extremely high LD50 and it's very difficult to overdose on just benzos. Granted, if you take that large a dose expect to black out for numerous days (which happened to me). Plenty of people have gotten grams of RC benzos or other pure Xanax powder and unintentionally consumed large amounts. And like I said, some people simply don't withdrawal. It is not usual, incredibly rare, but some Vietnam vets came home after using pure heroin for years and didn't even notice.

I am definitely not accusing you of lying, but am simply stating that 100mg of pure Aprazolam powder is more than 100x what most people find effective for a therapeutic dose. I have been on Benzos for PTSD since my time in the military ended over a decade ago so I know how differently and all react. Nonetheless, coming off of 8MG of Xanax a day cold turkey was near-death for me. Seizures I was awake for and electricity in my mind that I truly believe has affected me to this day.

It sounded like you were implying you and your friend had a great time on 100mg of Aplrazolam, since you said you went bananas and didn't mention blacking out. Most large quantities of Benzo powders are acquired online, so if not from a pharmacist or hospital directly, I would assume it wasn't pure. Regardless though, be careful man. 6MG doesn't seem like a lot but it truly is and 5 years is a long time.

Why are you getting off of it if you don't mind me asking? It definitely sounds like you abuse the medication, but you also stated it is for medical reasons that you are prescribed. Why not just take it as prescribed or even better, lower the dosage? I moved on to Clonazepam and it manages my PTSD and anxiety much better with zero sluggishness or forgotten days.

Truly wishing you the best and hoping you are ok through the process.

I am definitely not accusing you of lying, but am simply stating that 100mg of pure Aprazolam powder is more than 100x what most people find effective for a therapeutic dose. I have been on Benzos for PTSD since my time in the military ended over a decade ago so I know how differently and all react. Nonetheless, coming off of 8MG of Xanax a day cold turkey was near-death for me. Seizures I was awake for and electricity in my mind that I truly believe has affected me to this day.

It sounded like you were implying you and your friend had a great time on 100mg of Aplrazolam, since you said you went bananas and didn't mention blacking out. Most large quantities of Benzo powders are acquired online, so if not from a pharmacist or hospital directly, I would assume it wasn't pure. Regardless though, be careful man. 6MG doesn't seem like a lot but it truly is and 5 years is a long time.

Why are you getting off of it if you don't mind me asking? It definitely sounds like you abuse the medication, but you also stated it is for medical reasons that you are prescribed. Why not just take it as prescribed or even better, lower the dosage? I moved on to Clonazepam and it manages my PTSD and anxiety much better with zero sluggishness or forgotten days.

Truly wishing you the best and hoping you are ok through the process.

Yeah I completely agree about the withdrawal and cold turkey part.. I could tell I was withdrawing after polishing off a 90 count 10 mg diazepam script and that was only in about 3 weeks.. let alone years of higher doses. Like I said he really should count his blessings if all this info is true.

Are you drinking or using some other kind of drugs?

I have a hard time believing you would not be in withdrawal at this point.

Tell me more about when you took 100 mg. Did you just sleep for 2 days with flashes of memories here and there?

Is there the possibility that the ultra-high doses of benzodiazepines were stored in fat and there is still enough circulating to prevent withdrawal? I remember having sub-threshold findings of diazepam metabolites more than 8 years after I stopped taking it, and once I was on such a high opioid dose that it took 16 days for withdrawal to start. I also somehow figured out how to shoot a 36-hour bolus of nicomorphine into my arse cheek if needed.

When that serum benzodiazepine level drops below a certain level, one is going to be in a world of hurt with a spectacular and potentially lethal abstinence syndrome. It can be like the bottleache plus shooting MPDV into ones nuts every 30 minutes plus the exact opposite of what GHB does all at the same time. The usual protocol for this I think is inpatient and going from diazepam to chlordiazepoxide to phenobarbital and maybe Thorazine over a week or more and I have heard of it requiring medical surveillance and slow tapering for up to 20 years, and I have heard of general anaesthesia being required at intake. I am guessing that someone with a slow metabolism could be on the hook for 50 years or more getting this taken care of.

Benzodiazepines have won their ubiquitous place in medicine due to their efficacy and low toxicity, but that doesn't mean that high doses and combinations with things like alcohol are going to be as smooth as silk . . .

For the love of God, can't they bring back methaqualone, glutethimide, ethchlorvynol, methyprylon and all the rest for us tranq lovers? Unlike benzodiazepines, they were self-limiting with respect to the amount of time one could take them without sleeping 24 hours a day . . .I've known people they needed to take off meprobamate and it started out even more spectacularly than benzo withdrawal but after it was under control it took about a week and that was the end of it. She was on it from three days after it went on the market in April 1954 and went into hospital to be withdrawn on 10. September 2017 at the suggestion of her neurologist because of a possible surgery needed. She told me about taking a triple dose with a lot of Vicodin during the 11. September 2001 atrocities, much like me -- I was in Titz, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany watching it happen live on RTL and I downed some carisoprodol and mainlined 215 mg of ketobemidone just as the north WTC tower fell. They had to pour me on to the train to Berlin-Tiergarten to catch the Šljivovica Special back to Vienna at 2.30 the next morning . . .

Last edited:
Update for all of you when I took 100mg I was blacked out for over a week and unconscious multiple times and have absolutely no recollection of events at certain points it was like waves and waves but I had something that happened that seems like a seizure or something from the dose my eyes were moving up and down so fast that it looked like I was possessed everyone said and I collapsed and had to take awhile to stand back up I’m saying I know there is people out there that have taken higher doses this just isn’t something most humans would even try to consider doing something like that when the effects make you black out at a certain point but there are several months almost years I don’t really know what the fuck I was doing and I probably have script receipts from the previous 5 years for the alprazolam I can blot my name out if I have some if that isn’t against the rules. I just shared an experience with whoever wants to read it because I haven’t read others that took doses like this in awhile but my friend regularly takes just as much as me and like I stated was taking heroic doses when we had the pharmaceutical grade powder This seems like an impossibility but it is a fact and trust me of the purity it was on point. I’m currently still not in withdrawals idk why but I feel absolutely fine I worked 10 hours today and came home smoked a joint and did my dope and made some kratom tea. So yeah I read on here that someone said they didn’t experience wds for over a week then got shotgun blasted so that’s definitely what I’m expecting i probably have some still stored in fat and believe someone stated this but regardless I will keep updating this. Just because you couldn’t believe someone would do this doesn’t mean they wouldn’t ;) see there’s people with ungodly I mean ungodly opiate addictions with doses so fucking crazy it would shatter your dreams yet just because it’s xanax your like nope not happening and said it should be taken down that is ludicrous that just because it’s hard to believe it didn’t happen and hasn’t happened. I have heard of people who were alcoholics for years drinking a half gallon a day and quit cold turkey and were fine I really don’t think it’s absurd to assume this could happen with Xanax as well. And I just pushed something so far to see what would happen the ld50 of Xanax is like 2180mg for a fucking rat dude so I figured what’s the worst that could happen I end up in the hospital or die Ive been shooting dope for years and obviously don’t really care if a drug would take my life which is horrible and I’m trying to change this step by step. Thanks guys!

The amnestic effect of benzodiazepines is a major problem unless an anaesthesiologist is using it to make it easier to jam a camera up ones arsehole or whatever, and there is a thing called Depressant Drug Automatonism in which a patient on a benzodiazepine, barbiturate, hyoscine, and other anterograde amnesia causing agents goes and takes more and more drug without remembering it -- it is probably what killed Marilyn Monroe and Aimee Semple Mac Pherson,, and I have to think that Michael Jackson's intake of propofol and Sublimaze, which contains both fentanyl and haloperidol, had the late King of Pop walking around as a downer zombie more than once . . .

When the doctors gave me diazepam for muscle spasms to take on top of hydrocodone, one night I ate 56 Vicoprofen and burned a hole in my stomach and got some tachyphylaxis going which drove my tolerance way up, so I got some electronics people together and we put together an alarm clock which spit out the correct number of Vicoprofen every 4 hours. Had I not been on 200 mg of dextromoramide a day within the previous year and a couple of years before than multiple grammes of morphine, I probably would have croaked.

Last edited:
The amnestic effect of benzodiazepines is a major problem unless an anaesthesiologist is using it to make it easier to jam a camera up ones arsehole or whatever, and there is a thing called Depressant Drug Automatonism in which a patient on a benzodiazepine, barbiturate, hyoscine, and other anterograde amnesia causing agents goes and takes more and more drug without remembering it -- it is probably what killed Marilyn Monroe, and I have to think that Michael Jackson's intake of propofol and Sublimaze, which contains both fentanyl and haloperidol, had the late King of Pop walking around as a downer zombie more than once . . .

When the doctors gave me diazepam for muscle spasms to take on top of hydrocodone, one night I ate 56 Vicoprofen and burned a hole in my stomach and got some tachyphylaxis going which drove my tolerance way up, so I got some electronics people together and we put together an alarm clock which spit out the correct number of Vicoprofen every 4 hours. Had I not been on 200 mg of dextromoramide a day within the previous year and a couple of years before than multiple grammes of morphine, I probably would have croaked.
Damn bro see that’s sooo much that’s the Vicodin with ibuprofen instead of acetaminophen? If so how much ibuprofen was that?? And yes when I first was prescribed it I would take like 4-8 bars a day on accident forgetting I took em and loosing them and all kinds of dumb shit I’m over being a fucking xambie but if I go into wds I’m just going to take as prescribed and continue on with life I’m done taking massive doses of this drug it’s just pointless but it’s the only thing that stops my panic attacks but I haven’t been having that many just what’s absolutely normal for me. And I do not abuse Xanax and haven’t for a little over a year I was taking it as prescribed just am tired of it and over this feeling of stuff controlling my life my goal is to be off heroin and Xanax And be free again

Is there the possibility that the ultra-high doses of benzodiazepines were stored in fat and there is still enough circulating to prevent withdrawal?
My first thoughts.... If so; wouldn't wanna be in OPs shoes if WDs come a knockin'. Shit... I though my dosage was high at times. Maybe I'm just a pussy? Well, I am what I eat. Sorry... not sorry. Can and may be deleted at a later time.
For the love of God, can't they bring back methaqualone,...
FUCK YEAH!
NICO for president!
Long live horse tranquilizers!
hahahahaha

Damn bro see that’s sooo much that’s the Vicodin with ibuprofen instead of acetaminophen? If so how much ibuprofen was that?? And yes when I first was prescribed it I would take like 4-8 bars a day on accident forgetting I took em and loosing them and all kinds of dumb shit I’m over being a fucking xambie but if I go into wds I’m just going to take as prescribed and continue on with life I’m done taking massive doses of this drug it’s just pointless but it’s the only thing that stops my panic attacks but I haven’t been having that many just what’s absolutely normal for me. And I do not abuse Xanax and haven’t for a little over a year I was taking it as prescribed just am tired of it and over this feeling of stuff controlling my life my goal is to be off heroin and Xanax And be free again

I certainly hope it works out well for you -- whether we call it the 30 kilo rhesus macaque on the back or the infernal metabolic hourglass over our heads, it can be frustrating, to say the least, to try to make a change and two hourglasses over ones head probably makes it four times harder.

So how long were you on benzodiazepines total in this run of them? If it was a relatively short time, the very worst case scenario would be a taper two to ten times as long, and I think the benzodiazepine antagonists they are inventing can maybe shorten that a lot one way or another.

But since you have the panic attacks, it sounds like a much lower daily regimen of Xanax is a very useful thing, and an invention I would like to see is a microprocessor controlled osmotic engine (two titanium tubes arranged into a piston with a hole on one end and a semi-permeable membrane on the other like they are working on for the 90-day implantable hydromorphone/hydromorphinol/oxymorphone engine that works a little like Norplant) which delivers a little bit of a potent benzodiazepine at a time, and the computer logic could monitor blood pressure, body temperature, cortisol levels and other parameters to anticipate a panic attack so it can give the patient extra medication, and it could send all the data to a smart phone or computer so that the patient and doctor have detailed information on the progress of treatment. Salinity differentials across the area in which the engine is installed is what mainly runs the piston; I assume it could be electrically actuated when needed as well.

I'm just glad the medicines I ate when I was blacked out on diazepam and hyoscine and four days with no sleep wasn't the paracetamol stuff -- that could have had me two metres in the ground within the week . . . 11 200 mg of ibuprofen and 420 mg of hydrocodone it was, but at one point I apparently projectile vomited more than eight metres across off a balcony so it may not have been in there all the time. I had activated charcoal and water for my meals for the next two days after drinking a bunch of water and vomiting then took a whole bottle of endoscopy prep liquid and made sure everything was cleaned out and was very careful not to cut myself and bleed all over the palace.

Next appointment they switched me to IM Dilaudid, extended-release morphine, tetrazepam and then carisoprodol and injectable dantrolene as well as the orphenadrine which is a general purpose drug for me and I also had my neighbours bring back some nefopam when they came back from Paris later that week . . . after that and it has worked well, and when I need an Nsaid I will take naproxen with the stomach protectant misoprostol, piroxicam along with misoprostol, or a big shot of ketorolac (Toradol) right in the arse cheek. I like naproxen best because it actually gives me a touch of extra euphoria, which ibuprofen and ketoprofen do too to a lesser extent. Naproxen, paracetamol, and diphenhydramine was my favourite sleeping combination for a while and I am glad that I can feel it again, sometimes with a carisoprodol or meprobamate tablet cut in half 90 minutes before. I wish naproxen came in ampoules like Toradol, so I could get a 10 cc syringe and mix up my dinner of tripelennamine, naproxen, orphenadrine HCl, morphine or Scophedal, and dantrolene. Misoprostol does effect the prostaglandin system the same way that injuries, arthritis, and swallowing cum do, so I take it first so the Nsaids get a crack at it.

So for our jizz-loving comrades and comradettes -- take some ibuprofen or naproxen before you suck cock and you won't get that sick achy feeling afterwards. I cannot tell if I have had it set in after a protracted pussy-eating session, but I am usually flying on stimulants and Dilaudid or nicomorphine plus orphenadrine and naproxen and a pre-load with a whole opium product when I do it. My amazing experiences with narcotic enemas and suppositories also lead me to believe that such a practise as Rough Riding could put some extra prostaglandin into one's system as well, and the vagina is also used to take drugs ("Shelving" smack and Bolivian Marching Powder, and witches' flying ointments for two)

But if you tell my stomach
My achy-breaky stomach
It might blow up
And spray us all

-- Peppa Pig, 17. November 2018

Xanax during the day and nitrazepam at night if you can get it where you are at the recommended doses seems to be a good protocol for panic attacks and I have seen it continued indefinitely. I think especially in the United States, psychologists seem to discount the physiological basis of panic attacks more than they should. I had an uncle who cannot take Sudafed because it precipitates panic attacks and destabilises his angina pectoris -- he was really in a pickle when the USA banned phenylpropanolamine about 15 years ago but luckily he gets a lot of relief from his allergies and colds with one of those pots one uses to wash out their sinuses with saline and some chlorphenamine and orphenadrine twice a day. The one thing I think is really funny about the ephedrine and pseudoephedrine restrictions in the states is that I believe there are other more rare OTC nasal and eye decongestants which can not be made easily into meth or ecstasy but one of them can be used as a precursor to make some kind of 4-methylaminorex analogue . . .

My first thoughts.... If so; wouldn't wanna be in OPs shoes if WDs come a knockin'. Shit... I though my dosage was high at times. Maybe I'm just a pussy? Well, I am what I eat. Sorry... not sorry. Can and may be deleted at a later time.

FUCK YEAH!
NICO for president!
Long live horse tranquilizers!
hahahahaha

heh heh heh -- you know, I think that either methaqualone or mecloqualone are being investigated for treating plasmacytomas and some blood plasma dyscrasias and/or elements of HIV/Aids . . . this was first broached in Der Spiegel in 1984 IIRC, and thalidomide actually is now used as a somewhat gentler and more selective anti-neoplastic for the same things as above plus pancreas cancer. The latter I think was the first real progress made on pancreatic cancer in something like 45 years too . . .

There is a horse tranquilliser in the clonidine family known as Xylazine which has become Puerto Rican smack folks' equivalent of the anticholinergic eye drops that Russian horse lovers and Krokodil cooks add to their narcotics to get a bigger bang . . . I think tropicamide is the big one . . . I think there was a heist in Chelyabinsk or vicinity in which the robbers went straight for the tropicamide and stopped themselves and went back to the shelves because they had overlooked jugs of codeine, dionine, and benzylmorphine as well a three strengths of C-Jam liquid and some other goodies . . . also a good-sized phial of an anti-inflammatory wash and mydriatic and cycloplegic which is essentially the dionine analogue of Scophedal -- maybe a little less stimulating than Scophedal, but using it in a manner inconsistent with its labelling by mainlining it would be quite an experience . . . The narcotic in the eye mixtures was to remove inflammatory products from the eyes, and I think it also causes the pupil dilation to begin to reverse itself after 10 minutes or so . . . it was invented in 1883 and called Schlesinger's Analgetic Solution and can be used topically in higher doses along with liquid cocaine to soothe cock and clit scrapes and erosions in uncontrollable masturbators and things like that. Or inexperienced masturbators who experiment with Brillo pads maybe?

Last edited: