Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines Alone in the Universe - A Mushroom Tale

SpanoonapS

Bluelighter
here goes nothing...

My name is Andrew, I'm 24 originally from New Jersey and currently residing in sunny San Diego. I have been contemplating the use of mushrooms for quite some time now and am caught up in a paradox within myself. It took me an entire year of research to understand that religion, government, and business has been fucking me every day of my life. Heavy use of weed was a great experience and triggered my views of perception, weed is an interesting thing (the tree of knowledge, as my brother calls it). Panic attacks ensued eventually when I dug deeper within myself and thought "god" was speaking to me and telling me that I have been sent to hell because of a past life (or at least that was my fear). I constantly questioned existence and evolved an existential point of view and became sort of a philosopher, George Carlin and Bill Hicks opened my eyes greatly and made me question and think about everything in life so I like to think of myself as sort of their protege (not saying I'm as great as them but we have the same morals and beliefs). Anyway, I had really intense "trips" on marijuana while mixing it with opium tea and had equally paralyzing experiences while just smoking weed itself, i would always think of death and how my friends and family would react if I died and basically flipped the fuck out.

Fast forward a year or so now and I'm back into the swing of things, studying quantum physics and other interesting theories and now I kind of feel more at ease and more at peace... I may have experienced bad things because all of that hateful religious shit was coming out of me at the time and came to a head.. there was also a point where I felt as though things would speak to me, I actually thought I was Neo from the matrix and someone, somewhere was telling me that I am a slave (which i know i am a slave, basically)... I know this sounds insane but bare with me lol. Anyway, I'm at a point now where I want to travel further down the rabbit hole and understand different perceptions and reach higher points within myself and the universe.
I am just nervous about what I might see, I basically fear the unknown as most humans do and don't know what will happen to me. But I do understand omnipresence and that we are all one with "god" and I just don't know how to prepare mentally for the experience. I listen to Bill Hicks explain his trips and they are amazing and I want to feel and experience these things but I think of consequences like "what if i trip forever.. what if i die..what if i find out that I'm alone in the universe and everyone I've ever loved or touched has disappeared.

Any advice or information would be more than appreciated... I understand this sounds completely whacked the fuck out but it was worth a shot. Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read and respond to this. Oh and if you're interested in my comedy I have posted a link below called Animals + Drugs. Enjoy.

Peace and Love

ANIMALS AND DRUGS
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=21773031

I had many of the same fears as you before diving into the psychadelic kiddy pool. I found that if you worried about this stuff before a trip, then you'll almost certainly worry about it during the trip. Keep yourself occupied while you're tripping, don't do it alone and don't put yourself in the position where there is no outside stimulus, nothing worse than when you're tripping balls and it's just you and your mind, you'llstart to pick yourself apart and get some very dark thoughtts indeed.

I say start small and work your way up, there is no need to start on a scary sized dose. Be with people who have tripped before and have experience. First time i tripped, my dealer gave me an anti-psychotic tablet just in case. I never needed to use it but knowing that it was there just in case was very comforting. I experienced the feeling of being one with the earth and god and at one point of the trip i felt i had acheived infinite wisdom and i was perfectly happy to just be, no worries in the world. I felt like i understood the universe and that i was the key, to happiness, to everything..

Odds are, you wont trip forever. All the stories you hear are bullshit, psychadelics will not fuck you up unless you're already mentally unstable or have some sort of mental illness within the family. Do not trip if you have a history of schizophrenia.

Goodluck, and trip safe.

Is it true that you do not suffer from any mental ailment?
Is it true that you do not have a family history of mental disorders?
Are you prepared to have the doors of your reality blown of the hinges?

If the answer to every question is yes than you should take some shrooms.

I say start small and work your way up, there is no need to start on a scary sized dose. Be with people who have tripped before and have experience.

I disagree. Take 10 hits of LSD or 3.5g mushrooms by yourself at night, and just deal with whatever you have to. Its a right of passage. :)

(/non-harm reduction advice :))

I disagree. Take 10 hits of LSD or 3.5g mushrooms by yourself at night, and just deal with whatever you have to. Its a right of passage. :)

(/non-harm reduction advice :))

While doing this is great, for someone that is worried about the trip and has tripped out hard on only smoking cannabis before, i would say leave the 10 tab sandwich for another day. Maybe 2nd time, lol. %)

I agree with Somewhat-damaged for now... (Roger&Me ;))

1-1.5 g maximum (until you're comfortable with the substance, which usually happens pretty soon).

Maybe take some L-Theanine before (although it might dull the trip, unsure of the reactions with Psilocybin), or keep some Benzos on hand (Ativan, Klonopin, etc.) because that alone will make you feel at ease upon entering the trip.

Some nice music (Pink Floyd, Jimmi Hendrix, Trance), a good set & setting, nice environment, a trip sitter who you trust could also be nice at this dosage.

Also, because of the synergy that's found with Psilocybin Mushrooms and Cannabis. You're probably better off not smoking at any point during your trip. Especially considering the intense past experiences you've described when using Cannabis.

Here's a good example, taken from another thread:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=438216

You will know when you're ready.

Good Luck.

I've had some great experiences messing with anywhere from .5-1.5g of Psilocybe mushrooms, this is even after I've experienced higher dosages. You're going to find that everybody is different from this thread, so just take in all the information you can and figure out which person you think you might be like.

Last edited:
also, and I know this is weird sounding, but when you first get them don't take the right away, wait until you wake up one day and think this is the day for tripping, depending on how much flexibility you have with your life.

I agree with aquabat. Tripping is so much better when it's done on impulse.
And rogerandme... 10 hits of acid? Man, I don't know how weak the tabs that you get are - but over here in New Zealand (which i swear was made purely for acid heads), telling someone to take even 3 tabs, would be like telling them to jump off a cliff. Insanity.

Spanoonaps - I don't at all think any of that sounds whacked the fuck out! You appear very onto-it and intouch with something that no way near enough people are aware of.

If you're going to take Mushies, I'd suggest you do not start off small. In saying that, do not start off big either. A "normal" dose would be ideal IMO. Grams are generally pretty inaccurate, as it depends on how potent the mushies are as to how much of a trip you'll get out of each gram. I've taken 6 medium sized mushies, and had an average trip. And taken 6 of the same type of mushies from a different batch, and been transported to another place.
If you're buying them, definately talk to your dealer. If they're a half decent dealer, they'll know their stuff - and know their batches and mushies well.

When you get to know your body and your substance, you can start building the doses up really sensibly and get the fucking MINT results that you're after. Experimenting is half the fun anyway....

As for setting.. With mushies, just as much as any drug - setting is pretty much what makes or breaks your trip. I'd def suggest a nature trip. Woods tend to be easy to get lost in.. A beach is probably a little smarter. Sitting in the back of a car with a triiping friend, and having someone sober drive you around is mean too. As is simply taking a stroll.. You can't really go wrong.

For some reason, you strike me as someone who'd have an amazing synergy with acid. Have you had LSD before?

Thanks cosmic, I appreciate the input. No, I have never had any LSD but I am a weird person I guess, someone can tell me how a trip or experience was and I can immediately identify with it and actually feel what they felt. Strange, i know. I use to smoke massive amounts of cannabis and used it like most people do (eat cheetos and watch movies) and all was great, until it began to open up views of perceptions and windows which was also amazing but then I started examining my deepest fears and everytime I smoked I thought of death constantly and how my parents and friends would react if I were gone, I got into a paranoid state of fearing the loss of others and others fearing the loss of me and it was just torture. My brother gave me a bunch of vitamins to mix with it to try and mellow my highs out which worked for a while (Vitamin B) but eventually I stopped using it and I was back to square one. I just feel like I know too much about life already and if i take them I fear a permanent state of psychosis or something worse, my mind is constantly thinking and roaming and its hard to just relax and "go with it". I want to take shrooms to just trip and have a great time but eventually I want to experience what others have, having a "religious" experience and being one with the universe and at peace and all that... I'm just afraid of what I might see.. I now have a negative perception about outer body experiences and feeling like I cant breathe and like I'm dying.

I had a somewhat similar experience to you with cannabis. I used to meditate while high on cannabis on a daily bases and about 50% of the time, I would end up in a total panic attack and the other 50% of the time, I would enter a state of samadhi. After a while, I became somewhat delusional. I quit cannabis and I have not really recovered all that well, although I am doing a lot better than I was in some respects.

I know exactly what you're saying about feeling like you can't breathe and are dying. It's unfortunate, but I think that it is likely you will revisit some of these feelings on shrooms. At least, I did. It might be a good idea to wait until you feel a bit less paranoid (I believe the greater the amount of time you put between yourself and cannabis the more these sorts of fears will dissipate) to do shrooms but if you do decide to do them now, start off with a low dose and I think you will be fine. Remember, it's normal to be at least a little afraid.

When you say Vitamin B, do you mean Vitamin Water (B+Theanine)?

I think it's this one:

drsoda_2053_35514393

The active ingredient in that, to subside anxiety would be L-Theanine. :)

yea that was it.. L theanine.. mellowed me out but that fear was still HANGING over me. I guess what it really comes down to is understanding that change is good and the evolution of our minds and perception is a positive, great thing and also accepting the fact that everything in your life up to this point has been complete bullshit, for me its religion, gov, etc... but hey... thats why evolution is a slow process, it takes time :) I was thinking of trying a small amount of xtc first.. what do you think?

I was also wondering this... people who have an outer body experience.. what can you describe it to? Is it like your a spirit floating around or do you keep somewhat of a physical form but your just not "in your body" or is it just like a dream where you can move and think and feel but your just not physical. Try to explain to the best of your ability if you can... thanks so much so far for the info and advice i really appreciate it :)

I was thinking of trying a small amount of xtc first.. what do you think?

There's a separate MDMA section: http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=22 :)

The key with MDMA is testing your pills by getting one of the EZ Test Kits. Then you'll know if you're actually getting MDMA. Testing all your rolls almost guarantees yourself a great time. I really don't think I've heard of anyone ever having a bad time on Ecstasy, as long as it was actually MDMA.

1 roll will be like 10 years of therapy in one night.

Last edited:
I agree with aquabat. Tripping is so much better when it's done on impulse.
And rogerandme... 10 hits of acid? Man, I don't know how weak the tabs that you get are - but over here in New Zealand (which i swear was made purely for acid heads), telling someone to take even 3 tabs, would be like telling them to jump off a cliff. Insanity.

Rog? Getting week hits? Impossible, man. %)

LOL nah bro, my hits are strong as hell. :D I'm talking about taking 10 hits at ~150ug a piece and completely dismantling your reality for a looooong time. It does a body good. :) (Or, at least it does me well). Eating a strip really isn't that unheard of, like I said, its a right of passage. =D

I was being slightly facetious towards the OP though, but honestly I never truly understood the potential in LSD until I'd taken at least a milligram. Its not insanity, its just ego loss -- you come back eventually and 'coming back' is one of the most blissful experiences known to man. :)

Eh, I have to side with Roger&Me on this one... But I am partial to high-dose, introverted confrontation of subconsious conflicts. And mushrooms do this quite well. Though it is usually quite stressful and uncomfortable; One of the most horrible feelings for any one of us comes with the realization of our actions being out of sync with our unconscious sense of self.

This is best acheived tripping alone, though, which is against common opinion regarding one's first use of tryptamines especially...But is there someone you could inform of your session who could keep an unintrusive eye on you, and be there if you need them? Or perhaps dose lower, around the gram and a half range, as that is often enough to crumble away at the walls.