• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids almost out of meds, pain managment hasnt accepted me yet, what are my options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how this would impact your chances of getting into a pain management clinic or how well it would control your pain but you could try to get into a suboxone or methadone program to at least help with the withdrawls. I would recommend trying a quick suboxone taper, that way your WDs would be minimal & you won't have anything in your system when you get DTed for pain management. In the meantime you will have to deal with the pain but IMHO I'd rather just deal with the pain vs dealing with the pain while in WD. Just a suggestion, like I said I'm not sure how it would affect your chances at pain management or impact your medical records. Hope you get this sorted out sooner than later & you can get the treatment you need.

Im going to run out of my meds soon, and pain management hasnt accepted me yet! I dont have a primary dr, i got physical therapy coming soon, how am i suppose to go through this. She assured me and promised me the dr will write me one more script.

Unfortunately, there is no right in America for people to possess or use controlled substances. This is the cold reality of the matter.

Doctor shopping and buying meds from the street does not help your case of "not being a drug seeker" - it looks like you're seeking drugs then. Dependence and addiction are not the same things, but when you "need" your drugs to function, you are addicted.

Bluelight is not here to help you find ways to get narcotcs. Regardless of if you are a legit pain patient or not. We can't help you on that front - all we can do is feel sorry for you.

I still got "labeled" by a few opiophobic docs for being young and needing opiates.

The reason many doctors don't want to prescribe opiates to young people for anything more than tooth extractions and an occasional broken bone is:
1. Humongous amounts of paperwork. DEA makes them fill out forms in triplicate, and shit. There is extra record keeping even for single prescriptions of narcotics. Chronic opioid therapy patients generate extra work for docs (thanks to the DEA). Putting people on ketorolac is much less red tape.
2. All opioids lose efficacy eventually, to a large extent. You only get a finite amount of tolerance before you are on fentanyl and it does nothing for your pain. The sooner you start playing the chronic opioid therapy game, the sooner you will lose, basically.
3. Teenagers and young adults still heal fairly rapidly. The average teenager does not become a CPP after a bone breaks.
4. It is rare that opioids will be the *only* treatment that works, and opioids are inferior to other drugs in treating certian kinds of pain (i.e. for inflammatory pain, NSAIDs or COX2 inhibitors are generally better because they aslo reduce swelling and speed healing - or localised lidocaine gel/spray)

but you could try to get into a suboxone or methadone program to at least help with the withdrawls.

Methadone for withdrawal from 5 mg oxycodone?!?! Talk about killing a fly with a panzer tank. Good way to end up seriouly fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.