• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos almost died from fake xanax

Stephenwalking

Greenlighter
So it all started last year about this time. It was snowy and cold but me and my friends didnt care we were on a mission for drugs (xanax or oxy) so i had all my friends get in my tiny car. We went all the way to the west side of my city to get some green hulks. (green bars) when we got there we had to pay like more for each bar (cannot specifically say price but they are VERRY expencive in my city) so i was pissed about that but bought 3. I was planning on doing 1 now so that i feel it by the time i get home (30 minute drive) and save the rest for tomorrow or another day. So i drop my dude off who lives on the west side so it was only about a mile away. We hang out at his house for about 20 minutes i pop another 1/3rd and thats the last thing i remember. Next thing i know i wake up in a hostital with 2 black eyes and a busted forhead that they later did surgery on. Keep in mind this was no little cut (35 stitches, about as big as my forhead) anyway i got some vikes, some 5s but still. I took 2 every 4 hours so i felt good most of the time. I had near no opiate tolarence at the time. I have about a 60mg of oxy will get me going tolerance now a days. its not small to say the least. But anyway i got sent home like 5 days after the crash and i was able to hang out with my friends who i was with and get theyre side of the story. Basically i poppes the rest of that bar and drove them back home and i guess my driving was so fucked that i was scaring the shit out of them. I dropped them all off at my one friends house cuz they wanted to hamg out. They asked me to chill with them but i guess i wanted to go home cuz it was late. (11 pm and i had to wake up early af the next day) i guess after that i went home and left again and went on some main roads and thats when it happened. I had a dui, possession of marijuana, and paraphernalia charges. (thank god i left the xan back at home) so after everything happened we found out that dude gets them from china or some shit and the people put too much of whatever random drug in it. Fuckin asses. And here i am a year later in opiate withdrawal broke af. Pease and love guys ��

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the risk we take as drug users. Its sad but its reality. Your just lucky you didn't get them fake bars that where loaded with fentynal that killed a bunch of people. Benzos and driving is always a bad idea. I bought some clonazolam online once that was way stronger than advertised. Took what I thought was .5mg and ended up with my car in the ditch and a DUI. Had a pretty high benzo tolerance at the time too. Just lucky no one else got hurt. Learned my lesson real quick. Sorry to hear about it though.

I am glad you survived but let's be honest, it wasn't the possibly fake Xanax you almost died from... it was crashing your car after choosing to drive under the influence. Be thankful you didn't kill anyone.

Heres the crazy part. I actully had 2 crashes that night, i reer ended a car. The police came and let me off scot free even after they did theyre sober test shit. Them i crashed into a light post. They did a blood test and NO xanax was in my system at all. Only a but of the mary jane ��

I am glad you survived but let's be honest, it wasn't the possibly fake Xanax you almost died from... it was crashing your car after choosing to drive under the influence. Be thankful you didn't kill anyone.

splitting hairs here, but there were plenty of ways death could have occurred here. That pill could have killed due to it being a bootleg. In that environment, no way to check the pill out. It could have been anything from 5X stronger then expected to a lethal fent pill. So, technically (no scare tactic here, but a simple fact) one pill can kill.

Last edited:
@vastness....u can't really make a choice once u are blacked out.

Makes me very scared of these synthetic bars...which I used to get but hasn't bothered since I got into Kratom

I'm with Speedy on this one. All we can do is debate the endless possibilities.

Mixing opiates + benzos with little/no tolerance is dangerous. Mixing fake benzos with opiates , well you now know the danger.

Glad you're okay. For future reference be sure to educate yourself on how to spot a fake.

A 22 yr old friend of mine died last summer off fake Roxi 30's. Once state lab tested them they came back positive for fentanyl and rat poison. They seem to think through packaging/handling, the rat poison was absorbed by the pill exterior.

I too am glad you are still with us but agree trying to figure out what the hell it was is a futilr effort. Shit is scary though. I nearly bit it this past summer from a fake oxy. Ive been a user/abuser of oxycodone for 20 years and although I had kicked my most recent habit of around 150 to 200mg daily so tolerance was way down, a single 30mg tablet no way in hell would have put me out as this pill did. A friend also just died about a month ago and we think perhaps fake pills contributed.

We have a thread discussing this very topic. Check it out.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...of-Fake-Pharmaceuticals-HARM-REDUCTION-THREAD

Alprazolam has a very distinct taste to it ..
OP do you know the taste I speak of? And if so do you recall it tasting different?

Never gotten fake xanax before but I have acquired a like for the taste so usually once I get that taste in my mouth I am assured And relieved

Rule of thumb, DO NOT buy from somebody who you cannot confirm directly or indirectly their Xanax has come from a pharmacy. This means, do not buy Xanax bars on the street, and interrogate your dealer/acquaintence: "Oh so you get these prescribed you dont take them anymore?,"

Your dealer will follow up by saying:
"Oh yeah Ive had these for awhile or, no there my brothers/cousins/my boy gets them and sells the script each month", a Dealer does not know that you are paranoid about it being Fake, so if he says how he acquired them/someone elses script + it tastes like alprorozam it usually is true.

If your dealer doesnt know where they come from, or implies he knows someone who presses them, do not buy at all costs. ALSO, if your dealer also eats them ask them if he is on them right now, or had tried them.

Also, the most likely Xanax pills to be fake and deadly are White pressed ones. Footballs/Yellow/Green are statistically more likely to not be fake.

The only way to ever be 100% sure is to see another Xanax user eat 1-2 and confirm its exactly the same xanax he expected, or to see your dealer take them out of a homogeneous pill bottle with their name on it, implying it is their own.

I DO NOT CONDONE BUYING ANY DRUGS YOU ARE NOT PRESCRIBED OR ARE NOT LEGAL FOR ANYONE, BUT TAKE THESE PRECAUTIONS TO SAVE YOUR LIFE.

its getting to the point where I'm scared to just buy pills anymore. pills used to be the one drug that you knew what you are getting and could do it safely even though it was more expensive than dope. not anymore.

when are they going to start putting fent in kratom?

its getting to the point where I'm scared to just buy pills anymore. pills used to be the one drug that you knew what you are getting and could do it safely even though it was more expensive than dope. not anymore.

when are they going to start putting fent in kratom?

Seems like I've heard of them doing that already in the kratom extracts.

Since when were Pills like MDMA, XANAX, ever safe to buy on the street? You never knew what it was barring the conditions I had posted. That is insane how even Oxy pills are fake/deadly versions now, so add that to the list.

Since when were Pills like MDMA, XANAX, ever safe to buy on the street? You never knew what it was barring the conditions I had posted. That is insane how even Oxy pills are fake/deadly versions now, so add that to the list.

IF YOU KNOWINGLY SELL TAINTED DRUGS, Under Penalty of law you can and should be charged with 1st degree felony murder or attempted murder.

I posted a link somewhere else and can't find it now, but it was a harm reduction project. It was some lab tested fake pressed xanax bars, they contained ah7921 a fairly strong opiate. Someone with a high benzo tolerance and no opiate tolerance could find themselves in trouble with shit like that.

Yes i know the very bitter and destinct taste of real xanax. These bars were hard as a rock (green bars which i know is harder to fake but obviously not impossible) and had brown spots but i always thought greens were supposed to have those. I would have let it desolve but the pill was so hard i dont think i could of cracked it with a hammer. Oh and i used to knowingly do fake xanax bars as my plug would get shipments from china and give me 10 for free to test each bach and come back to him with my results. He always told me to take just 1 square untill i knew tgey went fent

I would NOT knowingly take "Xanax" bars you know are fake... not too smart! The only time I have gotten fake Xanax bars, was when I was sold some phenazepam, as I later found out it had in them instead of the alprazolam it was supposed to have.. they looked very legit, but tasted off.. and then had me so fucked up for a week just from taking one, "bar" which could have had any amount of the very strong, not well known benzo or RC benzo, phenazepam in it.. it was bad.. I was taking klonopin as prescribed daily too, while on the what seemed like everlasting phenaz... It was a strange feeling, of being real foggy headed, tired, and just sedated for a week straight.. my friends also took them, and I then after it wore off, finally asked the dude I got them from where he got them from, a rich white kid, from a very wealthy neighborhood, who then proceeded to tell me they were from "over seas". That's when I knew, and I went online to research these fake R 034 bars.. yellow ones.. When I looked, I found the ones I got to a tee, the "R" on them, wasn't cursive or like it should be from that generic, it was just a regular capital R.. And the numbers were offset, as well as the score marks, when comparing to a real Xanax bar.. I since, have been extremely careful when purchasing any pill, which I never do anymore, only from the pharm.. for my script of klonopin and other things...

Anyways, OP: Be very careful.. I got off "lucky" you could say, just being a bit sedated for nearly a whole week, from the fake one I took.. But now there are real killer bars and other counterfeit pharms out there, and they mostly have fentanyl and RC analogues of fentanyl in them these days.. Fuck that.. As someone else stated above, the taste is a dead giveaway with most Xanax bars or any form/mg/shape/size of alprazolam.. That nasty(to me at least) bitter, taste.. its almost a sure sign its legit.. but not entirely.. just one way to tell.. also, make sure you only get pills of any kind from a trustworthy connect. I cant tell you how many times in the past when I was so desperate, to get some oxy and went to the hood, to cop open air from random corner boys.. and I got burned, because I was inpatient, and unable to get them from my normal reliable sources.. that was years ago, I am on subs now.. but I got fake oxy IR 30s many times.. usually just had chalk or something in them, that was totally inactive.. back then there was little to no fentanyl laced pills.. anyways, I never bought from random people after that.. even from people I knew, that weren't totally trustworthy.. I stayed away, and just did whatever I had to do to get by without getting burned.

And here i am a year later in opiate withdrawal broke af. Pease and love guys ��

you certainly are not alone in those sentiments. I have been struggling with opiate withdrawal since last autumn, after getting high habitually for several years due to chronic back pain. I nearly killed myself a couple weeks ago whem the heroin ran out. That's my one rule at the moment: NO more Heroin. EVER. It has taken two weeks two begin to even feel strong morphine and oxycodone and dilaudid pills sniffed or orally the whole time feeling sick as fuck. They really aren't joking when it comes to that heroin. I was "o ky" sniffing it (that doesn't mean shit) and I'm grateful to be alive! Hope your life sees someimprovements soon : )

first thought that crossed my mind was fake fentanyl bars as well. Some sleezebags will do anything for a buck... be careful... says the hypocrite. Peace! Wd is easier if you just accept it fr what it is.