• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Allosteric DAT modulators as functional dopamine drug enhancers

Nagelfar

Bluelight Crew
Could someone host a link in reply (can't cut and paste on phone) to the following items by PMID code:

PMID: 23022052 (Click here for publishers own access to the full text)
PMID: 19244097 (Click here for pubmed on this one)

I go into some reasoning in my Na+ channel ligand plus substrate page. Anyone find anything else like the above?

EDIT: I did it from library, here is even the other thread where I go into it.

There (are) DAT specific sodium channels and several conformations of DAT, greater overall affinity in assay may be result, but once phosphorylated such affinity might have novel unforeseen open or closed to out strictures on DAT. Have you read about the SoRI-20041 and other number compound that, with amphetamine, has a variant that augments release from DAT in either direction (greater or lesser, separate compounds but near identical) or the cocaine-like tropanyl spirocyclic isoxazoline compounds that flick DAT from off and unreceptive to on and allowing uptake?

The potential of the latter as a potentiator shouldn't get overlooked, since upregulation includes foremost DAT turning off, to nonacceptive, position, those tropanyls would just force them to on, bypassing a large portion of immed. cause of tolerance. There is also one for SERT (infact the study focuses on that one and glosses over the one that targets DAT and does the same).

Last edited:
Anyone think this is viable or just hopeful researchers trying to get noticed? How come no follow ups that can be found?

Maybe ask the authors?
Suppose that's one answer. I'll have to get to that as soon as I can access my e-mail (try logging on with phone and get 'this isn't a recognized device' yet I can log on from the library. 🙄)