View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Miscellaneous Alice in wonderland

polarthedog

Bluelighter
This may seem like a dumb question, but I have probably tripped between 300-1000 times, and colors become more vivid, I feel more emotion, and I see beautiful fractals among other things.

I have seen psychedelics represented in several movies, such as Alice in wonderland, and they make it seem like if you tripped hard enough you could go to a fantasy world and live out years there in a single day. I’ve never had that happen before, but is that possible? Am I just not taking enough? I want to slay the jabberwoky :(

Alice in wonderland isn't about psychedelics
Ya I know, but it’s still a good example of how psychedelics are portrayed in media

Apparently It was just a story that the author told to a little girl.

Honestly I can’t think of other specific examples though

Try Salvia.
I thought of that while asking 5e question, maybe a mixture of a strong psychedelic dose, and a dissociative

Have you ever mixed dmt and salvia?

I’ve never actually taken huge doses of psychedelics, the most ive taken at once is maybe the equivalent of 3 grams of penis envy’s (shrooms)

I have a lot of morning glory seeds, I’d like to try a strong dose, wish I had dmt, I’ve only tried that once

I think for that level of totally believable immersive hallucination you want to IM a huge shot of ketamine (if it were I about 230 mg) about an hour after you finish coming up on a very serious dose of LSD (if it were I about 400 ug).

The only caveats are;

1. You have to close your eyes for it to work. The show happens on the inside of your eyelids.

2. Fucking with needles may be beyond your capacity after 400 ug. Or it may be too horrific to contemplate at that point. Have a reliable friend hit you up if necessary. Having a friend for a session like this is very prudent.

I think for that level of totally believable immersive hallucination you want to IM a huge shot of ketamine (if it were I about 230 mg) about an hour after you finish coming up on a very serious dose of LSD (if it were I about 400 ug).

The only caveats are;

1. You have to close your eyes for it to work. The show happens on the inside of your eyelids.

2. Fucking with needles may be beyond your capacity after 400 ug. Or it may be too horrific to contemplate at that point. Have a reliable friend hit you up if necessary. Having a friend for a session like this is very prudent.
Wouldn’t that be past k hole territory? I though there wasn’t a point to use beyond 100 mg IM
What if I were trying to use dxm and morning glory seeds?

Wouldn’t that be past k hole territory? I though there wasn’t a point to use beyond 100 mg IM
What if I were trying to use dxm and morning glory seeds?
It depends on your tolerance to K. But yeah, whatever amount you need to hole is what you want on top of a borderline ego-destroying dose of acid. That’s gonna put you in some kind of Wonderland for quite a while.

I can’t gaurantee you’ll see talking cats or hookah smoking caterpillars. Usually everything I see is kind of architectural - but weirdly spectacular and wonderful.

“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

-- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland"
it's not what you see so much as what you are.
each of us uniquely wired up and uniquely nuts.

Have a great day!

I have a lot of morning glory seeds, I’d like to try a strong dose, wish I had dmt, I’ve only tried that once
Since you clearly know about MG, I am a little surprised you dont know about any other plant-psychedelic, like the ten thousand plants containing DMT.
You could order Mimosa Hostilis and do an extraction, or order Mimosa Hostilis and Syrian Rue for an ayahuasca-style brew. I prefer the latter.

Since you clearly know about MG, I am a little surprised you dont know about any other plant-psychedelic, like the ten thousand plants containing DMT.
You could order Mimosa Hostilis and do an extraction, or order Mimosa Hostilis and Syrian Rue for an ayahuasca-style brew. I prefer the latter.
I know about it, but I’m still on zoloft, and the Maoi might harm me

I don’t really want to go through with extracting it, and I’m completely broke for the moment, but I do have a lot of morning glory and dxm

I have seen psychedelics represented in several movies, such as Alice in wonderland, and they make it seem like if you tripped hard enough you could go to a fantasy world and live out years there in a single day. I’ve never had that happen before, but is that possible?

Possible with and without use of drugs. You do it every night without realizing it. It's called dreaming. I've induced such a state with the following drugs:
-MXE (Methoxetamine) the so-called M-hole
-Ketamine the so-called K-hole
-Morphine, oxymorphone (opana), and similar opioids like oxycodone (morphine dreams)

Note none of the above are typical psychedelics. All are disassociates or opioids. All are drugs capable of producing dream-like closed eye visual states while you remain fully awake. Although the imagery of opioids and dissos are different both are pretty similar in how the hallucinations are actually working (it requires laying down or being otherwise relaxed and allowing yourself to enter the "nod" or "hole"). Usually, it's possible to turn it on and off unless you're in very high doses where it might become impossible to resist the nod or hole.

This doesn't mean typical psychedelics can't cause closed/open eyed visuals that totally distort or even change reality. It just means you're most likely going to be wide awake for the experience. Time may seem to stretch on forever during the peak but you are always at least somewhat aware that you'll be coming back down at some point. It's very hard to get lost in it once you've built experience. Unless you do something like intentionally consume an overdose.

DMT probably qualifies but again it's an experience that always seems to end to quickly and you never feel like you're bringing a full memory of it back with it. Many get into the trap of going back over and over again until the drug slaps them down. Saliva is also similar in how it can cause people to chase it and then quickly swear off it forever. Some after only one use.

I find that if this is really your goal drugs aren't the best route. You should focus on meditation and dreaming instead. With practice it becomes possible to live out multiple lives while sleeping. I have my own personal little fantasy world that I visit often where I am a totally different person, in a totally different world, and interact with a large cast of characters that all have their own unique personality that still sometimes fools me into thinking they aren't just an extension of my imagination. Sometimes I find myself stuck there for weeks and even manage to forget it isn't real. Only to quickly get jolted back to reality from the sound of the four alarm clocks blaring (I need multiple ones going off close together or I'll turn them off while I'm asleep).

Indeed this type of experience is why I became so addicted to opioids for a decade. I chased nods constantly just so I could have the morphine dreams and return to my fantasy world. When the opioid supply dried up I was forced to turn to other methods. It took many years of training but now I can obtain a state similar to a nod just by mentally willing it (internal warmth, total relaxation, no anxiety, active role within my waking dreams/sleeping dreams/fantasy). Just practice meditation and lucid dreaming techniques and you can probably do it to.

Possible with and without use of drugs. You do it every night without realizing it. It's called dreaming. I've induced such a state with the following drugs:
-MXE (Methoxetamine) the so-called M-hole
-Ketamine the so-called K-hole
-Morphine, oxymorphone (opana), and similar opioids like oxycodone (morphine dreams)

Note none of the above are typical psychedelics. All are disassociates or opioids. All are drugs capable of producing dream-like closed eye visual states while you remain fully awake. Although the imagery of opioids and dissos are different both are pretty similar in how the hallucinations are actually working (it requires laying down or being otherwise relaxed and allowing yourself to enter the "nod" or "hole"). Usually, it's possible to turn it on and off unless you're in very high doses where it might become impossible to resist the nod or hole.

This doesn't mean typical psychedelics can't cause closed/open eyed visuals that totally distort or even change reality. It just means you're most likely going to be wide awake for the experience. Time may seem to stretch on forever during the peak but you are always at least somewhat aware that you'll be coming back down at some point. It's very hard to get lost in it once you've built experience. Unless you do something like intentionally consume an overdose.

DMT probably qualifies but again it's an experience that always seems to end to quickly and you never feel like you're bringing a full memory of it back with it. Many get into the trap of going back over and over again until the drug slaps them down. Saliva is also similar in how it can cause people to chase it and then quickly swear off it forever. Some after only one use.

I find that if this is really your goal drugs aren't the best route. You should focus on meditation and dreaming instead. With practice it becomes possible to live out multiple lives while sleeping. I have my own personal little fantasy world that I visit often where I am a totally different person, in a totally different world, and interact with a large cast of characters that all have their own unique personality that still sometimes fools me into thinking they aren't just an extension of my imagination. Sometimes I find myself stuck there for weeks and even manage to forget it isn't real. Only to quickly get jolted back to reality from the sound of the four alarm clocks blaring (I need multiple ones going off close together or I'll turn them off while I'm asleep).

Indeed this type of experience is why I became so addicted to opioids for a decade. I chased nods constantly just so I could have the morphine dreams and return to my fantasy world. When the opioid supply dried up I was forced to turn to other methods. It took many years of training but now I can obtain a state similar to a nod just by mentally willing it (internal warmth, total relaxation, no anxiety, active role within my waking dreams/sleeping dreams/fantasy). Just practice meditation and lucid dreaming techniques and you can probably do it to.
I’ve had lucid dreaming mastered for years, have you ever heard of dream herb (Calea z.)
I think you would really enjoy it, it kind of gives me a forbidding feeling, like I’m not supposed to be there, so I don’t really use it anymore, I still have a bag of it though.

I have seen psychedelics represented in several movies, such as Alice in wonderland, and they make it seem like if you tripped hard enough you could go to a fantasy world and live out years there in a single day. I’ve never had that happen before, but is that possible

It is absolutely possible to believe you experienced something that extreme from drugs. How much you actually experience in those states and how much is things like bridging the gaps in disconnected dream scenes or elaborating false memories in retrospect once the experience ends is a different topic of debate. This kind of experience is not a given with anything but I've heard of more of them I think from salvia than anything else. Lots of drugs can put you in out-of-body experiences but salvia's seem to relatively often involve claims that the experience seemed to last a very long time like years, lifetimes, eternities. Though, the world you're in is not necessarily going to feel magical in a particularly Alice in Wonderland-like way. That actually is kind of how serotonergic psychedelics can make me feel, but they don't tend to produce that kind of experience for me, though some occasionally can.

This is an excerpt from an old 25 mg 5-MeO-MiPT trip report I like:

While exploring my universe of extraordinary thoughts, I felt a thousand years elapse. When I say 'a thousand years,' I intend no metaphor; I really felt that I had experienced firsthand how very long - and yet also how very fleeting - a thousand years really were. I felt as though the universe were slowly unhinging itself, coming apart at its seams. To reassure myself, I began typing in the log certain axioms, such as 'time is not reversible time is not reversible time is not reversible' and 'this moment will come to an end.' At some point I stopped typing and got up from my chair immersed in a full-fledged psychedelic experience, the kind that is utterly inaccessible with a sober mind. I experienced death, life, the cosmic, the microscopic, order, chaos, existence, nothingness.

I had gone completely mad on 25mg of 5-MeO-MIPT, and I was so far gone that I believed that I had just died and was now being reborn into another life. I lived a lifetime, then died again, and again, and again. Each death was an instant of infinitely compressed blackness and pain and non-personhood, and each life was a blinding swirl of birth and colors and smells and people and pleasure and pain and suffering and ultimate futility, followed by yet another excruciating death and rebirth.

I was in a Buddhist universe, although initially I did not appreciate it as such, because I was too busy being plunged into these successive lives to have a thought about Buddhism. With each turn of the cycle, however, I became increasingly aware of the cosmic order in which I lived; I graduated from human form to become an alien creature, then graduated from that form to become another sort of sentient creature, and so forth until at last I was a creature of sufficient insight to begin to understand the rules of the game, which I perceived as an intricate palette of colored numbers and letters. By puzzling over these numbers and letters, I gradually understood that I could escape the cycle of rebirth by annihilating my ego, although this was not an easy thing to do.

I swear I astral travelled on high dose ALD. There were so many ways to go too.

Each infinite. Wasn't just hallucination. It was in one sense, but very real I believe.

And very extraordinary and insightful too. In 25 years I've never travelled so far out on a dose like that, or much higher.

Pure ALD is magic.

Try Ayahuasca, with Datura. I was going to suggest high doses of LSD and mushrooms but you wrote how you already experienced those.

I’ve had lucid dreaming mastered for years, have you ever heard of dream herb (Calea z.)
I think you would really enjoy it, it kind of gives me a forbidding feeling, like I’m not supposed to be there, so I don’t really use it anymore, I still have a bag of it though.
Did it work? I was interested in it but I tried Ilex guayusa which is supposed to give vivid lucid dreams but it was not as effective as vitamin B-3 with Melatonin in larger doses, and the guayusa is just a closely related shrub or tree to yerba mate as both are hollies. Yerba mate gave me slightly more vivid dreams, but it relaxes me and I have been drinking it for decades. Mate was not as effective as lucid dreaming or taking vitamin B-3 and melatonin where I had what apparently were out of body experiences but I did this maybe 3-5 times as I am not sure how safe it is?

The ornamental or decorative holly bushes or trees found in gardens and used as Christmas trees or wreaths are not psychoactive. There is a psychoactive holly from North America called Yaupon but it is super expensive for only a small amount so I have never used it.

Maybe try Salvia with an MAOI so it lasts longer?

I love the:

"One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small,
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all.…"

Agreed it was more than psyches still looking... what would she do... is she knew?

edit
Alice in wonderland
the love for the title and bringing it up. :)

Last edited: